The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Baba defending Chelski, who'd have thunk it.

:lol: You know I support the loan system, man. We should use it more. No reason Shane has been here his whole career.

I agree we should use it more, but that is scandalous.

They buy somebody like Kevin de Bruyne for more than most clubs' transfer record, and then ship him off somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays less than 10 games for them.

It's hoarding. Having a finger in every pot.

It also emphasises how they're not even remotely close to being self-sufficient.  Most clubs have to make do with unwanted high-earning players until they get shot of them, whereas Chelsea will just keep them in the reserves while still spending bucketloads, or loan them while still paying a lot of their wages.  It completely takes the piss.

Guest firetotheworks

The loan system definitely needs to be looked at. Imo, it should only be to leagues other than the one the club is in.

:lol: You know I support the loan system, man. We should use it more. No reason Shane has been here his whole career.

They buy somebody like Kevin de Bruyne for more than most clubs' transfer record, and then ship him off somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays less than 10 games for them.

It's not all bad. Lukaka would likely be doing just as well as Torres if he was still at Chelsea, and they're missing out there. They're idiots.

Not really. Lukaku can play against Man Utd, Man Citeh and Arsenal.

Plus they can yank him back whenever they want.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Can't believe it's possible to loan out that many players.

Financial Fair Play eh mate :lol:

It also emphasises how they're not even remotely close to being self-sufficient.  Most clubs have to make do with unwanted high-earning players until they get shot of them, whereas Chelsea will just keep them while still spending bucketloads, or loan them while still paying a lot of their wages.  It completely takes the piss.

Totally agree. Should be limited to 5 or summink.

The players aren't being shared out. One club stockpiles them, then lends them out for other clubs to build them up. Re-inforces the status quo, the only way other club is going to end up getting the player permanently is if they're not that good - otherwise they just go back a better player and recieving club is at square 1.

The whole loaning system is fucked up - both the subsidised older players and the younger players being hoarded like stickers.

The loan system definitely needs to be looked at. Imo, it should only be to leagues other than the one the club is in.

Yep, it can't possibly be fair that big clubs loan out good players that can take points from every other club in the league but their own.

It happens quite a lot in Italy too. I don't like how Udinese have a million players on their books, but I can accept it more since they're a provinsional club trying to narrow the financial gap between them and the top.

What do you think about coownership? I've really never understood why it was allowed.

It happens quite a lot in Italy too. I don't like how Udinese have a million players on their books, but I can accept it more since they're a provinsional club trying to narrow the financial gap between them and the top.

What do you think about coownership? I've really never understood why it was allowed.

It's dodgy as fuck IMO, simple as that. :lol:

It also emphasises how they're not even remotely close to being self-sufficient.  Most clubs have to make do with unwanted high-earning players until they get shot of them, whereas Chelsea will just keep them while still spending bucketloads, or loan them while still paying a lot of their wages.  It completely takes the piss.

Totally agree. Should be limited to 5 or summink.

Agreed.

That being said, the quality of the reserve league needs to improve for clubs to want to keep their players in fold.

Don't like it and still don't completely understand it.

It's dodgy as fuck IMO, simple as that. :lol:

It can often be fairer process than loaning players. I think. It's usually used in a very similar manner anyway, but makes for shared problems and benefits for both clubs. But it still seems weird.

http://juventiknows.com/co-ownership-in-italian-football-explanations-examples/

This explains it quite well if you can be arsed.

It happens quite a lot in Italy too. I don't like how Udinese have a million players on their books, but I can accept it more since they're a provincial club trying to narrow the financial gap between them and the top.

Udinese is quite shady, though, given they now also own a team in the Spanish top flight and another in the English second.

It happens quite a lot in Italy too. I don't like how Udinese have a million players on their books, but I can accept it more since they're a provincial club trying to narrow the financial gap between them and the top.

Udinese is quite shady, though, given they now also own a team in the Spanish top flight and another in the English second.

Yeah it's very dodgy. I don't understand how they're allowed to do it.