The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest bimpy474

I'm not sure I agree that he could have been killed, but he could have broken his neck.  Smashing a hard ball into someone's head like that, he could have definitely hurt him badly.

I blocked a ball on the line with my head once, just threw my head at it from 5 yards away, blasted it the fella. I ended A&E with a concussion later. My head felt like it was going to split.

TBH bit hard to tell if deliberate, can believe it was an accident, but video not at all conclusive, way it's been discussed sounds like van persie was lying down and hten williams came, placed the ball and then hit it right at his head, looks like could have been genuine clearance (which is what he should have been doing in that situation), on other hand he has time to readjust and does appear to be looking at him.

Very tough one, but boots fly near players heads fairly often all of which could kill players, it's not a risk free sport, Ferguson is just deflecting. To me Williams, who has no previous I am aware of should be given the benefit of the doubt as he is unlikely to be actually trying to kill a player.

The whistle had long blown by the way, Williams excuse was that he was clearing the ball "in frustration" rather than clearing it out of necessity.

Had it? oops. in that extent should be red card for dangerous play, and regardless of intent then maybe ban, shouldn't be booting ball with players heads near ball.

I'm not sure I agree that he could have been killed, but he could have broken his neck.  Smashing a hard ball into someone's head like that, he could have definitely hurt him badly.

I blocked a ball on the line with my head once, just threw my head at it from 5 yards away, blasted it the fella. I ended A&E with a concussion later. My head felt like it was going to split.

that must be how Bernard felt..

Guest bimpy474

I didn't feel a thing at the time, i just carried on but as the afternoon wore on after the game, i got a mental headache and started throwing up, got took to A&E and found i had a mild concussion. I guess my advantage was i saw the ball would be coming and had time to flinch when i blocked the shot. 

Having seen it now, imo Williams could have easily avoided the incident. He had plenty of time to see that RVP was on his way down by his feet and could have either given it a dink, kicked the air, or booted up high. You'd expect a professional footballer to make these decisions in the reaction times they have fairly easily.

He didn't mean to hurt him in that way probably, but clearly meant to kick the ball as hard as he could to show his frustration (petulance). Probably a yellow card in context, but definitely one to be looked at by the FA afterwards.

Guest bimpy474

I know this must have been asked a million times before but why wasn't that clip allowed.

I've read the rules but i'm still unsure as the exactly was is and isn't allowed.

I didn't feel a thing at the time, i just carried on but as the afternoon wore on after the game, i got a mental headache and started throwing up, got took to A&E and found i had a mild concussion. I guess my advantage was i saw the ball would be coming and had time to flinch when i blocked the shot.

You must have a strong head, but soft brain.

Guest bimpy474

You must have a strong head, but soft brain.

:lol: pretty much yes.

Didn't realise Chico Flores tripped Van Persie up as he got up. :lol: :lol:

just watching MOTD and the van persie getting smacked with the ball thing,  he had lost it and if he hadn't tripped/stumbled when getting up to confront Williams i think he'd have got a red,  would definately have raised his hands and pushed/hit Williams.

Amazing - slight touch and he's gone down like snipers hit him smack between the eyes. Gets hit by a pile driver square on the napper from 1 metre away and he's up and fighting in nano-second.

Horrible cheating cunt.

Totally agree with this too.

It wasn't even deliberate, never mind life threatening :lol:

Obviously was deliberate. :lol:

Nah, I just don't see it. Watched a few times and he's just hoofing the ball clear.

The bonus is, Van Persie's head got in the way.

The whistle had long blown by the way, Williams excuse was that he was clearing the ball "in frustration" rather than clearing it out of necessity.

The whistle actually blew just after or at the time Williams made contact with the ball