Newcastle 2 - 1 SC Braga - NUFC win Trofeu Internacional de Futebol do Guadiana

Belfast Mags

Ben Arfa works his arse off and is surprisingly good defensively iyam.

Aye, he does and there's also the point that opposition managers will be unwilling to maybe commit an extra man if Ben Arfa's on as he can break and create a goalscoring opportunity in a matter of seconds.

It looks like we're going to go for a 4-4-2 with Cisse and Ba up front. It didn't look great before and it didn't look any better tonight.

Doesnt help when the fullbacks are Raylor and Simpson and Cabaye doesnt play. for example i think 4-4-2 would work a lot better if we had Marveaux and Ben Arfa on the wings, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle and Debuchy ( if we sign him) and Santon at fullback.

I would still think 4-3-3 is the way to go but 4-4-2 with that personnel could work in certain games IMO.

But overall, I still can't get away from the feeling that we're trying to find a way of playing Ba and Cisse together, and it's not quite happening.

Definitely agree.

Guest Phil K

Im gonna get a Internacional de Futebol do Guadiana tattoo on my neck like

Thought it was only me, damn.

Another pre-season trophy I hear. Well we're certainly a club going places.

Oh and btw, that trophy looks ridiculous :lol:

I made one just like it out of the Journal, and it serves as a hat too. What more do you want ?

Ben Arfa works his arse off and is surprisingly good defensively iyam.

to work as a wide midfielder (which for me he isn't) his positioning is cack but he will chase and put a foot in.

Happy days, a Trophy  :frantic: and what a Trophy it is  :lol:

Thought Marv showed us a little bit of what he's about tonight, some of his close control was excellent IMO, good turns, nice passes, fingers crossed he's over his injury debacle and can really kick on now.

Overall I thought we looked good in parts and poor in others tbf but just had enough to get the job done.

For only their second pre season game I thought Braga looked a fair outfit, held and passed the ball very well, I wish them every success for the coming campaign.

Agree with most assessments of the players tonight, Colo's a terrific Captain for us, the perfect man for the job, composed, assured, relaxed and confident under pressure, what a guy.

Thought Tav did OK in there, will do him no harm that and look forward to seeing him again.

Simpson and Raylor were fine, but what a Tournment winning free kick that was, immense.

Not sure what was going on in Chieck's head tonight, maybe woke up in a bad mood or something.

Cisse just needs to find his range, his movement was still good and he was finding the spaces OK so nothing to worry about.

Glad Demba got on the scoresheet, albeit the Pen was weak but at least he had the presence of mind to follow it up (canny finish too).

Maybe it be the first of many

EDIT: Howay the Lads (fucking IPad spellchecker)  :lol: :lol:

Happy days, a Trophy  :frantic: and what a Trophy it is  :lol:

Thought Marv showed us a little bit of what he's about tonight, some of his close control was excellent IMO, good turns, nice passes, fingers crossed he's over his injury debacle and can really kick on now.

Overall I thought we looked good in parts and poor in others tbf but just had enough to get the job done.

For only their second pre season game I thought Braga looked a fair outfit, held and passed the ball very well, I wish them every success for the coming campaign.

Agree with most assessments of the players tonight, Colo's a terrific Captain for us, the perfect man for the job, composed, assured, relaxed and confident under pressure, what a guy.

Thought Tav did OK in there, will do him no harm that and look forward to seeing him again.

Simpson and Raylor were fine, but what a Tournment winning free kick that was, immense.

Not sure what was going on in Chieck's head tonight, maybe woke up in a bad mood or something.

Cisse just needs to find his range, his movement was still good and he was finding the spaces OK so nothing to worry about.

Glad Demba got on the scoresheet, albeit the Pen was weak but at least he had the presence of mind to follow it up (canny finish too).

Maybe it be the first of many

Howdy the Lads

:lol:

Yeehawh!!!

Guest bimpy474

If anyone wants to bag out the commentator im 99% sure that its Stuart Robson.

Stewart Robson ;)

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/9b/20/0,,10278~11083931,00.gif

:aww:

Should get a good reception, that.

A TV reception, that is! :bluestar: