ADO Den Haag 0-0 Newcastle United (FT) 8/4/12

joeyt

Ugly, ugly game. Nothing happened and we played like strangers. I know most friendlies are a non-event, but crikey moses. Players didn't look like they wanted to be there tbh.

Colo was good.

End thread.

Ugly, ugly game. Nothing happened and we played like strangers. I know most friendlies are a non-event, but crikey moses. Players didn't look like they wanted to be there tbh.

Colo was good.

End thread.

Actually tbf, rightfully we won the game 1-0, cos Shola wasn't offside.

Guest BooBoo

Colo was good.

End thread.

I bet they weren't thrilled at being dragged abroad for the third time in a few weeks for a non event.

Colo was good.

End thread.

I bet they weren't thrilled at being dragged abroad for the third time in a few weeks for a non event.

Did seem a touch unnecessary, have to say.

wondering why I went to the trouble of knitting an ADO Den Haag/Newcastle scarf with today's date on. Still it kept me warm whilst I watched the game.

Okay, this was actually quite funny :lol:

Colo was good.

End thread.

Did seem a touch unnecessary, have to say.

Given they fly pretty much everywhere these days, I doubt it makes much difference to them.

wondering why I went to the trouble of knitting an ADO Den Haag/Newcastle scarf with today's date on. Still it kept me warm whilst I watched the game.

Okay, this was actually quite funny :lol:

:lol:

Colo was good.

End thread.

It's a 1 hour flight to Amsterdam and about 30 minutes from there to The Hague. Hardly a difficult journey.

No one mentioned the racism then?

However several visiting players subsequently reported that they had been the subject of taunts from home sections of the crowd, causing the club to release the following statement:

“In relation to alleged racist chants reported during Newcastle United's friendly against Den Haag today, the club will be raising the matter with officials at Den Haag and the issue will be dealt with privately.”

No one mentioned the racism then?

However several visiting players subsequently reported that they had been the subject of taunts from home sections of the crowd, causing the club to release the following statement:

“In relation to alleged racist chants reported during Newcastle United's friendly against Den Haag today, the club will be raising the matter with officials at Den Haag and the issue will be dealt with privately.”

It was mentioned during the game in this thread before it descended into the past