Krul

Simmo:( tayls colo santon

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

HBA Cisse Ba

Will be

Same back 5

Obertan cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ba Cisse

There's a thread on one of our boards speculating about our line-up, and I don't think I've seen the same one twice. God only knows who will be playing. All things being equal I wouldn't expect to see Sandro so soon after the Olympics, but we so obviously need someone like that in our team right now.

Of course, we have one or two players who can still make the difference, but I would def take a point as things stand. That would change if Modric and a new forward were playing. Walker/Kaboul/Vertonghen/BAE; Sandro/Modric; VDV/Sig/Bale; Ade looks an awful lot better than Walker/Dawson/Gallas/BAE; Livermore/Jenas; Lennon/Sig/Bale; Defoe.

As if Ba is going to play on the left.

It'll be 4-4-2.

I don't think it will be.

--------------------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------------------

Simpson ------------------- Taylor --------------- Coloccini -------------------- Santon

----------------------------------- Tiote --------- Jonas -------------------------------------

----- Ba --------------------------------- Cabaye ------------------------- Marveaux -----

------------------------------------------- Cisse -----------------------------------------------

I'm expecting something along those lines. I think it'll be that eleven, anyway, with Hatem on the bench. Marveaux has had a lot of football this pre-season and has impressed, so i'm expecting Pards to favour him ahead of HBA, especially considering how far behind he apparently is.

No result would surprise me tbh; i'd be happy with a score draw. Just avoid defeat on the first day and it's cushty.

Krul, Simo, Sayls, Colo, Santon, Marv, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Ba, Cisse (4-4-2)

Can't see a 433 and Hatem starting, sadly.  :(

3-1 Win. Ba and the Gylf before HT, with Hatem and Shola coming on to win it for us.  :smug:

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Colo      Raylor

Obertan      Tiote      Cabaye        Ba

Vuckic

Shola

:pardsgrin:

Anyone who thinks Obertan and Jonas won't play has a nasty surprise waiting for them.

I have a suspicion Shola will start the game too.

I wouldn't mind Shola given his recent form compared to Cisse. Obertan is nailed on imo, typical of Pards to use the "lacking match fitness" excuse on the likes of Marv and Hatem. :(

Pardew said he thought Obertan was 'probably the pick of the bunch' against Braga, and he also waxed lyrical about him being 'in a better place compared to this time last season' or summat. Oh, and he was gushing about his goal against Hartlepool too. I reckon it's very likely.

Pardew said he thought Obertan was 'probably the pick of the bunch' against Braga, and he also waxed lyrical about him being 'in a better place compared to this time last season' or summat. Oh, and he was gushing about his goal against Hartlepool too. I reckon it's very likely.

Surely just trying to give him a morale boost no?

He must be one of those soft spot players for Pards. I know the feel, I play a 2-star rated regen in FM for the same reasons. :blush: