Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Guest bimpy474

Is the game seriously in doubt?

no :lol:

little bit of rain in the morning but been dry for a while and no further rain expected today.

John Vernon.....its a sign, right fiver on little Vurn to score today ;D

Finishing above Spurs would be fantastic tbh. If we did that then 5th again would be on the cards. Chelsea can't possibly be as bad as they were last season, so Spurs could be the ones vulnerable.

I agree with them tbh i think we can, from Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs the most vulnerable has to be Spurs.

Although they do confuse me, first they say we will struggle to replicate last season's form and then they say we will finish above Spurs :lol:

Bit contradictory no?

Newcastle to finish above Spurs this season, sweet :lol:

Imagine people saying that 2 years ago.

I know, its crazy to think that we're in this position so soon. It still hasn't sunk in that we're in Europe!

Finishing above Spurs would be fantastic tbh. If we did that then 5th again would be on the cards. Chelsea can't possibly be as bad as they were last season, so Spurs could be the ones vulnerable.

We have to manage our expectations though. /merson

I think we can do it, tbh. Spurs have a lot of ?s going into this season. AVB being one of them.

1st and 2nd are locked-up already and Arsenal and Chelsea should battle it out for 3rd and 4th. But we should be fighting Tottenham and Liverpool for 5th and I think we have a more unified squad at this point than either of them.