Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Why would we send Sammy on loan when he's made a quite a good impact whenever he's played this season? Can't afford to lose many of our attacking players. He's very useful to come-on late in games and try to take advantage of tired legs.

I think, for someone of his age, he's doing well and is playing enough games to see him progress.

Don't agree, he has shown a lot of naivety. At his age he needs to get regular games to grow his game. If we bring another striker in that can also play wide (which looks like what we are looking for) he will be further down the list.

Naivety? Lack of experience you mean? Nothing unusual for a young player.

He came against WBA and had a hand in gaining us 2 extra points.

Came on against Man Utd, hit the post and we could have went away with something.

Played well and set-up the winning goal against Bruges (h).

Set-up the equaliser against Bruges (a).

It's not a bad impact from a player who gets a game every now and then. 

He generally looks lively and capable of making things happen...... he hardly looks anonymous or lost, does he?

Don't agree, he has shown a lot of naivety. At his age he needs to get regular games to grow his game. If we bring another striker in that can also play wide (which looks like what we are looking for) he will be further down the list.

He will be just as needed as we will have the same amount of forwards when Ba goes.

• 3 weeks later...
"I'm hoping it's too early for them, and that Sammy (Ameobi), Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Adam Campbell come through. They need to, because we can't keep buying players.

Puzzles me how Campbell has been in every training picture for the whole season, been bigged up by Pardew and was impressive when given the chance in pre-season.

Yet Nile fucking Ranger has been getting game time ahead of him. The same goes for Sammy Ameobi as of late, I'd rather see this lad given a chance.

Needs game time as he's turned 18 now and should be sent on loan.

"I'm hoping it's too early for them, and that Sammy (Ameobi), Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and Adam Campbell come through. They need to, because we can't keep buying players.

Puzzles me how Campbell has been in every training picture for the whole season, been bigged up by Pardew and was impressive when given the chance in pre-season.

Yet Nile f***ing Ranger has been getting game time ahead of him. The same goes for Sammy Ameobi as of late, I'd rather see this lad given a chance.

Percentage football. Ranger gets thrown on to hold the ball up.

Yet Nile fucking Ranger has been getting game time ahead of him. The same goes for Sammy Ameobi as of late, I'd rather see this lad given a chance.

I think it's his size tbh, easier to throw in a 6ft+ lad up front and expect him to cause problems. Especially when you are an anxious manager who will be in defensive mode by the time these lads come on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.englandfootballblog.com/2013/03/04/england-newcomers-added-to-u18-squad/

Withdrawn from the under 18 squad for 'club commitments' along with an assortment of City/Chelsea/Liverpool players. U18 isn't as recognised a youth level as the others but it seems strange to stop him from playing, wonder if he's going to get a loan spell?

I wonder if he'll be on the plane to Russia? He's essentially the third-choice out and out striker at the club, especially now Ranger has fucked off, and if we're playing Shola and Cisse in the first XI we could do with him on the bench.

Possibly. I'd rather just have him out on loan though.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/u21-premier-league/torschuetzen/wettbewerb_GB21.html

Top scorers for the U21 league this season, he's doing well considering comparative age and fewer number of appearances. Lots of assists too. Ultimately though he'd be better off playing week in week out in League 1 than what he's doing at the moment.

I think he should stay put until the end of the season, keep him in the first-team squad and look to give him a few tasters off the bench - and then send him out on loan, to a League One or SPL team, for the first half of next season.

I think he should stay put until the end of the season, keep him in the first-team squad and look to give him a few tasters off the bench - and then send him out on loan, to a League One or SPL team, for the first half of next season.

This. It would be nice to be safe enough near the end of the season to give him some premier league time.

Pardew has been bigging him up quite a bit, but the only time he's got on the pitch was for 15 minutes in that godforsaken tie in Greece. Think it's even less likely he'll get tasters now that Gouffran and Sissoko (lets face it, he's to all purposes a forward option) are here. I get what you're saying, that there may be some benefit for him simply being in and around the squad but there's little substitute to playing full games.