8: Agents

9: Lack of investment

10: Luck

11: Senegal

12: The Pitch

13: lack of Magic

14: Notting Hill Carnival  :lol:

I'll add them as we go along  :lol:

Lack of investment. Magic not being real. Players having their heads turned. Senegal.

Has he blamed Senegal? Quite happy to add it, just can't remember him saying as such.

"We kept being promised that the decision would be overturned and that Senegal were going to let Papiss (Cisse) play. We kept waiting and waiting and it was about 1.40pm when we finally found out that wouldn't happen. So it did affect our preparation and him missing today was a blow to us. We didn't do anything wrong and he should have played."

From the Swansea game.

Lack of investment. Magic not being real. Players having their heads turned. Senegal.

Has he blamed Senegal? Quite happy to add it, just can't remember him saying as such.

"We kept being promised that the decision would be overturned and that Senegal were going to let Papiss (Cisse) play. We kept waiting and waiting and it was about 1.40pm when we finally found out that wouldn't happen. So it did affect our preparation and him missing today was a blow to us. We didn't do anything wrong and he should have played."

From the Swansea game.

In  :lol:

Magic not being real was a joke right? Only i'm beginning to doubt myself.  :blush:

From the Swansea game.

In  :lol:

Magic not being real was a joke right? Only i'm beginning to doubt myself.  :blush:

He mentioned magic as a way to win games a few times :lol:  “I want to win on Thursday and on Sunday. And I have got to come up with some sort of magical plan which makes me do that.”

@OptaJoe

10.1% - Only QPR & Aston Villa have converted a lower proportion of their chances than Newcastle in the PL this season. Spurn.

Interesting. Especially as IMO, I think we have very clinical finishers compared to most.

My theories are that:

a) our chances are not very good chances - because of poor attacking strategy/movement

b) our chances are snatched at, because even groat poachers will slice and snatch at chances when they are irregular, or the product of defensive accidents rather than anticipated attacking movements

@OptaJoe

10.1% - Only QPR & Aston Villa have converted a lower proportion of their chances than Newcastle in the PL this season. Spurn.

Interesting. Especially as IMO, I think we have very clinical finishers compared to most.

My theories are that:

a) our chances are not very good chances - because of poor attacking strategy/movement

b) our chances are snatched at, because even groat poachers will slice and snatch at chances when they are irregular, or the product of defensive accidents rather than anticipated attacking movements

Basically what I was gonna say. We produce half-chances through our aimless, rigid style of play. Chances that are difficult to put away.

Notting Hill Carnival - "Today was a little bit unfair on us. We couldn’t move the game to Sunday because of the Notting Hill Carnival. It would have been good to have that extra day’s rest.

Also found this after the Man Utd game..."But at the end of the day it's not a bit of magic, it's two set plays - something we pride ourselves on and something we are good at."