Alan Pardew

Dave

As it stands, i'd only want Pardew out of here if i knew we were going to make strides to buy another manager. Preferably somebody from the continent. I don't know who, but i can't think of any managers in this league we'd pay off.

:thup:

Pardew out would probably mean Kinnear in, and I'm not even joking.

And what's the difference, would you be so kind to elaborate?

Kinnear is shockingly clueless.

So is AP.

no doubt

So what would be the point of changing? It would cost the club money and look stupid to transfer targets.

I'm by no means content with Pardew but sacking him is pointless because we won't get anyone better. We only stand to lose.

I disagree. I'd be happy enough with having a mediocre manager who would just pick the right players and let them work things out by themselves. Pardew actively sabotages the team with his wonky selections and compounds the errors by his substitutes from Bizzaro Land. How hard could it be to get a coach who can actually pick players to play in positions they are suited for?

I'm by no means content with Pardew but sacking him is pointless because we won't get anyone better. We only stand to lose.

This. I'm amazed there's such a strong opposing view on here.

Keeping him probably means we're going down, getting rid might keep us up.

There's managers available, there's even better ones we can purchase but there's no chance that Ashley will sack his puppet. It's depressing because any other owner would've already sacked him, which is the right decision. It says a lot that the only reason people want Pardew to stay is because we fear Kinnear, not because of any managerial abilities.

We laugh at O'Neill not changing his ways and we laugh at how accurate brummie's posts are but the same is happening here. West Ham fans warned us about this and it's happening right in front of us :(

I dont like calling for a managers head as soon as things turn sour, but this is it. Its not just "ive got the team wrong" or "we had some bad luck today" and so on, its mistake after mistake after mistake and its not tolerable. Pardew has been found out and he has no solution to it.

Im sorry, but Pardew, FUCK OFF!

Get Roberto di Matteo in, get fucking Ant and Dec in, I dont care, just fucking do something.

This. I'm amazed there's such a strong opposing view on here.

Keeping him probably means we're going down, getting rid might keep us up.

Sense!

What's the point of keeping him when it doesn't look like we can even luck our way to safety? We're nosediving.

Feel for him with the Cisse thing - he'll have prepared with Ba in the middle and to lose him on the day of the game makes things very difficult. To accommodate Cisse in middle he'd have had to change the formation from the one which he has prepared the team to play.

what?

Makes me laugh with bemusement, even with Ba gone Pardew still sticks with his policy of

"If I don't play 4-4-2 im going to stick a striker out on the wing"

The man has proven not only tactically inept, but mentally low on I.Q.

I'd love to see the man take an I.Q test as he's very much a stats man, because I can't see the results being very high.

I don't think we should sack him, after all he did get us to fifth. BUT we do need a stern f***ing word telling him that if we get relegated he's get the sack. Still can't get over his squad selection tonight, Cisse was gagging to be great but Pards tactics denied him.

:anguish:

Agreed. That's a shocking post.

What you wanna sack a manager who got us to FIFTH because the board is s****. I know his tactics are crap but hopefully he will learn from tonight, if next week he tries the same crappy selection he did this week then I will retract my words completely.

Have you seen our other games? He turns to his fucking hoofball after we let a sweaty goal grab us, then tell the defenders to hoof it at any given moment you could see him asking our whole back-four to get it up by air. And giving players far too long in the squad e.g Jonas, Ameobi and now Tiote. After performance's given by Tiote, Jonas and Ameobi they should all be benched.

How about his substitutions, taking off Obertan when he actually was playing quite decent and was our only attacking outlet. This to accommodate for his hoof-it-to-shola-and-hope-for-a-flick tactic. Isn't it worrying that we didn't really create that much and only scored through one of the biggest fluke goals this year?

realistically the rest of this month will make a lot of minds up.

You bothered about the FA Cup? Sadly I'm pretty close to hoping we go out.

Would be nice to have a pressure-free game or two to enjoy tbh.

Look, if we get rid of Pardew they'll only bring someone like Curbishley in. It's pointless. I've not got much faith in him right now but the alternatives scare the hell out of me.

Guest Big Al

:thup:

Pardew out would probably mean Kinnear in, and I'm not even joking.

And what's the difference, would you be so kind to elaborate?

Kinnear is shockingly clueless.

So is AP.

no doubt

So what would be the point of changing? It would cost the club money and look stupid to transfer targets.

A change gives the club a chance to avoid relegation. It can be Kinnear, but there's a chance for someone else, even on a ST contract, with the goal just to beat the drop, because MA will want to preserve the PL bonanza at all costs - even  Di Matteo, who knows how to close the shop, won't be a bad choice, given our current plight [no way his team will leak 11 goals for just 2 games]. With Pardew at the helm - the direction for the club is clear - it begins with the 'R'-word.

He really should have played Cisse central tonight, he changes formation/personnel 10 times a game yet he's not flexible enough to change his starting lineup at short notice?  He should have trained this week with Ba on the wing in any case, since it became embarrassingly obvious the other day that he was itching to get out of the club.

realistically the rest of this month will make a lot of minds up.

You bothered about the FA Cup? Sadly I'm pretty close to hoping we go out.

I'm bothered because I'm going, otherwise I know what you mean and I can just get hammered in Brighton anyway I suppose.  Losing interest, sadly.  Avoiding relegation's became the only thing that matters.

Basically repeating myself here, but if i was Chairman, i'd only sack Pardew if i had the means to poach a really top replacement.

This won't be popular... but i do think people are exaggerating when they say we're definitely going down. The situation isn't completely desperate and there are nine points up for grabs now. Again 'if i was Chairman', i'd assess the situation after these next three games.

A few good players this window and the return of a few good players from injury could counteract Pardew's shitness until summer, when we could better address a replacement for him. Obviously not the ideal, but, in reality, is it any different than last year (i.e., players papering over Pardew's crack)? My worry about replacing him now is that it could as easily have a negative impact as a positive one.

Guest Dontooner

Feel for him with the Cisse thing - he'll have prepared with Ba in the middle and to lose him on the day of the game makes things very difficult. To accommodate Cisse in middle he'd have had to change the formation from the one which he has prepared the team to play.

what?

Makes me laugh with bemusement, even with Ba gone Pardew still sticks with his policy of

"If I don't play 4-4-2 im going to stick a striker out on the wing"

The man has proven not only tactically inept, but mentally low on I.Q.

I'd love to see the man take an I.Q test as he's very much a stats man, because I can't see the results being very high.

Can't stopping laughing at this post....spot on

I don't think we should sack him, after all he did get us to fifth. BUT we do need a stern f***ing word telling him that if we get relegated he's get the sack. Still can't get over his squad selection tonight, Cisse was gagging to be great but Pards tactics denied him.

:anguish:

Agreed. That's a shocking post.

What you wanna sack a manager who got us to FIFTH because the board is s****. I know his tactics are crap but hopefully he will learn from tonight, if next week he tries the same crappy selection he did this week then I will retract my words completely.

Have you seen our other games? He turns to his f***ing hoofball after we let a sweaty goal grab us, then tell the defenders to hoof it at any given moment you could see him asking our whole back-four to get it up by air. And giving players far too long in the squad e.g Jonas, Ameobi and now Tiote. After performance's given by Tiote, Jonas and Ameobi they should all be benched.

How about his substitutions, taking off Obertan when he actually was playing quite decent and was our only attacking outlet. This to accommodate for his hoof-it-to-shola-and-hope-for-a-flick tactic. Isn't it worrying that we didn't really create that much and only scored through one of the biggest fluke goals this year?

I agree totally, but I just have to have blind faith that he will kick it up the ass for the next game. If he even dares to put Shola anywhere near the first team then I shall be calling for his sack completely. And I mean PL games not cup matches.