Alan Pardew

Dave

Feel for him with the Cisse thing - he'll have prepared with Ba in the middle and to lose him on the day of the game makes things very difficult. To accommodate Cisse in middle he'd have had to change the formation from the one which he has prepared the team to play.

Honestly, I'm not sure if you are taking the piss here or not. Please clarify :lol:

I have no confidence that Pardew will set out squad up any different though, Long balls and sporadic wing play with a central midfield set up on the edge of our own penalty area. We have nothing through the center which leaves us with nothing when Cisse is marked and our wings shut down.

Our squad etc were worse last time around, but the fact is our league form was better then than it is now (I think we've two points less now than we had at the same stage of the season in 08/09). Despite the Keegan crisis, Kinnear and having a desperate squad of players, we're actually doing worse now. It's unforgivable. People can look at how we went down last time compared to what we have now all they want, as things stands we're heading for the drop.

He's got to go, surely tonight cements that. No one can deny this, yet still I cant imagine it happening- hopefully Ashley shows his ruthless side once again. Another unforgivable performance.

Our team and everything about it is just full of negative trends at the moment. Confidence is low, tactics are lethargic and thoroughly negative, Ba leaving is negative, our position and results are all negative. We need a change, and fast.

2 wins (6 points) from our last 11 games. If that's not relegation and 'sackable' form then tell me what is.

The last ten minutes tonight were horrendous but any attacks were completely held up because we had Ranger, Cisse and Shola crammed into a ten-sq-metre area, and no pace out on the wings.

I've fucking no idea why he took Obertan off. From Pardew's point of view, his matches are littered with faults and fuck-ups - but there seems to be one stand-out SHIT decision. Shola for Bigi was Arsenal... Bigi for Obertan was tonight's.

We were much worse when we went down last time though.

We weren't like. Not tonight anyway.

We could have had three goals before half time today, I can't remember us doing that much in the relegation season.

The game fell apart towards the end tonight, but we weren't that bad for the first 2/3 of the match.

As it stands, i'd only want Pardew out of here if i knew we were going to make strides to buy another manager. Preferably somebody from the continent. I don't know who, but i can't think of any managers in this league we'd pay off.

:thup:

Pardew out would probably mean Kinnear in, and I'm not even joking.

And what's the difference, would you be so kind to elaborate?

Kinnear is shockingly clueless.

So is AP.

no doubt

So what would be the point of changing? It would cost the club money and look stupid to transfer targets.

I'm by no means content with Pardew but sacking him is pointless because we won't get anyone better. We only stand to lose.

For the first time I am genuinely worried about Pardew's suitability for the job.  I know I've posted some harsh criticisms of him in the last few weeks, but most of what I spew on here is instantaneous emotional drivel; the words I type don't look anything like the opinions I form once I've mulled over things for a while.  And so, he has three games to save his Newcastle career - and quiet probably his top flight career too.  He must get 6 points from the next 3 games.

I don't think we should sack him, after all he did get us to fifth. BUT we do need a stern f***ing word telling him that if we get relegated he's get the sack. Still can't get over his squad selection tonight, Cisse was gagging to be great but Pards tactics denied him.

:anguish:

Agreed. That's a shocking post.

What you wanna sack a manager who got us to FIFTH because the board is shite. I know his tactics are crap but hopefully he will learn from tonight, if next week he tries the same crappy selection he did this week then I will retract my words completely.

As it stands, i'd only want Pardew out of here if i knew we were going to make strides to buy another manager. Preferably somebody from the continent. I don't know who, but i can't think of any managers in this league we'd pay off.

So is AP.

no doubt

So what would be the point of changing? It would cost the club money and look stupid to transfer targets.

I'm by no means content with Pardew but sacking him is pointless because we won't get anyone better. We only stand to lose.

Agree entirely.

I just don't know what to think. I've lost all faith that Pardew is going to take us forward; but i do think we'll nick survival and that's better than taking a punt on a freebie replacing him. It would be totally pointless.

We weren't like. Not tonight anyway.

We could have had three goals before half time today, I can't remember us doing that much in the relegation season.

The game fell apart towards the end tonight, but we weren't that bad for the first 2/3 of the match.

:lol:

It's about the same. This game was basically the 0-0 against Pompey where they played keep ball for the last 10 minutes and our players didn't give a shit.

Dont't know about anyone else, but I feel this team has far more to give than the last bunch. They just look bereft of confidence and ideas which is not surprising given the set up this evening. Do I trust Ashley to make the right decisions to reduce the likelihood of us going down? No way. But unless he acts soon that'll be where we're going. I'm just hoping beyond hope that the lure of the PL TV cash next year will force him to take action. Whether that'll be in investment in the team or a new manager I don't know, but something needs to give.

So is AP.

no doubt

One potential bonus is that a honeymoon period under a new manager might be enough to see us survive for a year.

So is AP.

no doubt

One potential bonus is that a honeymoon period under a new manager might be enough to see us survive for a year.

Aye, remember the glorious Shearer honeymoon?

Our squad etc were worse last time around, but the fact is our league form was better then than it is now (I think we've two points less now than we had at the same stage of the season in 08/09). Despite the Keegan crisis, Kinnear and having a desperate squad of players, we're actually doing worse now. It's unforgivable. People can look at how we went down last time compared to what we have now all they want, as things stands we're heading for the drop.

Agreed.

Feel for him with the Cisse thing - he'll have prepared with Ba in the middle and to lose him on the day of the game makes things very difficult. To accommodate Cisse in middle he'd have had to change the formation from the one which he has prepared the team to play.

There should always be a plan B, and a plan C. What if Ba had got injured before the match?

You do know it didn't come out of the blue, it was well known that clubs were interested in him, and it was well known that Chelsea were going to come back in for him.