Alan Pardew

Dave

He just loses the plot and reverts to the simplest, crudest football he can when we go behind. You might get away with that in League One, never in this league. There are so many bad factors about his management skills that really makes him one of the worst in the league.

he is now, panicing like fuck he is.

Scares the hell out of me that time after time the fans can see things that take Pardew an eternity to see. The Ben Arfa farce, 4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2, Santon for taylor, Jonas needing dropping, Marveaux needing playing, Cisse and Ba in a 2 then Cisse stuck on the wing, Shola still being shit etc.  Just time after time it seems he's either oblivious to problems or ignores them out of stubbornness or something.

Good post, you're spot on there.

Bringing on Ranger was the sign of a man whose not a clue how to turn it round.

It was a desperate attempt to get the owner's attention IMO.

Yep. That's what I was thinking at the time. It really highlights our lack of squad depth quite starkly. I guess that for Pards that would be about as far as he probably feels able to push it with his boss...or so I'd imagine, anyway. :dontknow:

Blamed Santon on the radio.

f*** off Alan, you small time fraudster.

Seriously? What did he say?

'They had more experience than us and it showed, Santon goes through on goal and if he squares it there we score and get a point.'

Come on man, that's hardly blaming Santon for the overall result, just showing how quickly it could change. And to be fair he's right. Santon was awful tonight (IMO) and we would have got a point if he'd squared it.

How do you know this by the way, can you see in to an alternative future where Cisse got it, and scored. And they didn't attack again or something like that? If he really truly means that the Santon didn't pass made the whole team play s**** and hoof the ball he can really go f*** himself, its a stupid excuse.

Come on man. That's clearly not what that quote says. On his interview on Sky he said we didn't play that well. That quote is clearly a throwaway "look how close we got to snatching a draw" type quote rather than a "it's all Santons fault" quote.

As usual though, as soon as the tide turns on a manager at this club, every quote will be dissected and turned into a "disgrace".

tbf some were disecting his every quote last season when we were doing well.

There were also some who were concerned about our methods even though we were getting good results last season. It  might work for low budget teams looking to hang around the periphery of success but no top sides play that way in this day and age.

Yep, there's always been criticism apart from the time he got Ba, Cisse and Hatem performing superbly together last season. Only it was constructive criticism or little concerns about the overall evolution of the side, now it's to the extent where we are worried about relegation and attacks on him overall. to even be considering that is a sign of failure.

He didn't get Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse performing superbly last season, those three were thrown together totally by circumstance. That's our best hope for getting out of this mess tbh, injuries and new transfers might just see us hitting the slot machines at the right time.

Couldn't manage his own sock drawer let alone England this prick. Am I of the understanding that most people are open to the idea of sacking him but are crippled with fear at the prospect of what we'll get? Just shows what a state this club is in when a toxic element is tolereated to this degree in fear of a draconian owners actions.

Getting tired of saying it, but he got it wrong again today. You can't start Shola through the middle over Cisse, fuck off with the preparation bollocks.

You can't start Shola. Anywhere. Full fucking stop.

Blamed Santon on the radio.

f*** off Alan, you small time fraudster.

Seriously? What did he say?

'They had more experience than us and it showed, Santon goes through on goal and if he squares it there we score and get a point.'

Come on man, that's hardly blaming Santon for the overall result, just showing how quickly it could change. And to be fair he's right. Santon was awful tonight (IMO) and we would have got a point if he'd squared it.

How do you know this by the way, can you see in to an alternative future where Cisse got it, and scored. And they didn't attack again or something like that? If he really truly means that the Santon didn't pass made the whole team play s**** and hoof the ball he can really go f*** himself, its a stupid excuse.

Come on man. That's clearly not what that quote says. On his interview on Sky he said we didn't play that well. That quote is clearly a throwaway "look how close we got to snatching a draw" type quote rather than a "it's all Santons fault" quote.

As usual though, as soon as the tide turns on a manager at this club, every quote will be dissected and turned into a "disgrace".

tbf some were disecting his every quote last season when we were doing well.

There were also some who were concerned about our methods even though we were getting good results last season. It  might work for low budget teams looking to hang around the periphery of success but no top sides play that way in this day and age.

Yep, there's always been criticism apart from the time he got Ba, Cisse and Hatem performing superbly together last season. Only it was constructive criticism or little concerns about the overall evolution of the side, now it's to the extent where we are worried about relegation and attacks on him overall. to even be considering that is a sign of failure.

He didn't get Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse performing superbly last season, those three were thrown together totally by circumstance. That's our best hope for getting out of this mess tbh, injuries and new transfers might just see us hitting the slot machines at the right time.

Agreed. It was also a work in progress but one that he abandoned at the first sign of trouble. this season he's tried a bunch of different things, always falling back on the old big man up front shite, and none of its worked. It's a sign of a manager out of ideas, and/or one who cannot communicate what he wants to his players.

Bringing on Ranger was the sign of a man whose not a clue how to turn it round.

It was a desperate attempt to get the owner's attention IMO.

Yep. That's what I was thinking at the time. It really highlights our lack of squad depth quite starkly. I guess that for Pards that would be about as far as he probably feels able to push it with his boss...or so I'd imagine, anyway. :dontknow:

Give it a rest man. If he's not happy with Ashley's spending he could always resign instead of signing 8 year contracts then touting our most saleable assets every transfer window. Not that I would even mind that if he could pick a sane starting line up from what he's got at his disposal.

Guest neesy111

Playing a 8M striker on the wing while playing Shola upfront reminded me of Allardyce's decision to play Martins on the wing and Alan Smith upfront.

Scares the hell out of me that time after time the fans can see things that take Pardew an eternity to see. The Ben Arfa farce, 4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2, Santon for taylor, Jonas needing dropping, Marveaux needing playing, Cisse and Ba in a 2 then Cisse stuck on the wing, Shola still being s*** etc.  Just time after time it seems he's either oblivious to problems or ignores them out of stubbornness or something.

Agree also. What was so disappointing is that despite the late goals against we played decent football for an hour at OT and the Emirates. The Ba saga gave us a golden chance to build on that by playing Cisse centrally and playing creative players around him. Instead we get Shola and then more route one crud with Ranger as well as Shola. Pardew admitted he got the subs wrong against Arsenal yet still thinks the only way to get a late goal is to play hoof. Once he got t wrong the first sub should have been Bigi for Shola.

Guest neesy111

Should have been Bigi on for Shola -  Obertan left, Marveaux right, Cisse up top.

That's how we should had started.

agree with people saying bigi starting instead of shola. If he was so worried about piennar and baines then playing bigi or anita on the right would have been far more logical.

to be fair baines and pienaar were quite quiet.

agree with people saying bigi starting instead of shola. If he was so worried about piennar and baines then playing bigi or anita on the right would have been far more logical.

Once they went 2-1 up, I'd agree.

Scares the hell out of me that time after time the fans can see things that take Pardew an eternity to see. The Ben Arfa farce, 4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2, Santon for taylor, Jonas needing dropping, Marveaux needing playing, Cisse and Ba in a 2 then Cisse stuck on the wing, Shola still being s*** etc.  Just time after time it seems he's either oblivious to problems or ignores them out of stubbornness or something.

Agree also. What was so disappointing is that despite the late goals against we played decent football for an hour at OT and the Emirates. The Ba saga gave us a golden chance to build on that by playing Cisse centrally and playing creative players around him. Instead we get Shola and then more route one crud with Ranger as well as Shola. Pardew admitted he got the subs wrong against Arsenal yet still thinks the only way to get a late goal is to play hoof. Once he got t wrong the first sub should have been Bigi for Shola.

I understand why he went with that. It was the wrong decision but if that is what he had set up to do and the team had trained specifically for then it makes some sort of sense. I'd hope for the obvious in coming games though, despite evidence suggesting Pardew will do his own thing to prove a point before switching.

The players are so ingrained with hoofball it has become not only our last resort but a panic default. Subbing Obertan was one of the most stupid decisions I have seen him make, although I remember him doing similar with Ben Arfa on more than one occasion.

It is enfuriating that we can all see what our coaches cant, which makes me wonder if he is just isn't man enough to own up to mistakes and protecting his ego. Either way it is hurting the club this year. Last year we punched well above and got very fortuitous at the end of the day we are a team with a top 8 starting 11 but a mid to bottom squad. Top 12 is about where we should have been last and this season. 

Guest neesy111

Yeah Baines was quiet 1st half.

:yao:

Yeah Baines was quiet 1st half.

:yao:

tbf i'm gauging on the game at goodison.