Alan Pardew

Dave

Worth noting it looks like Man Utd will probably be the first side to match or beat our tally in 2002 of 33 points gained from losing positions.

Bobby's side was fucking incredible man.

Bobby put a lot of emphasis on energy and pace. I don't know the stats from that season but I'll bet we won a lot of points away from home. Dyer, Bellamy and Robert used to cut teams apart on the break. Add that to Speed and Shearer's threat from set pieces with some craft from Solano and we had a pretty potent mix.

Worth noting it looks like Man Utd will probably be the first side to match or beat our tally in 2002 of 33 points gained from losing positions.

Bobby's side was f***ing incredible man.

Bobby put a lot of emphasis on energy and pace. I don't know the stats from that season but I'll bet we won a lot of points away from home. Dyer, Bellamy and Robert used to cut teams apart on the break. Add that to Speed and Shearer's threat from set pieces with some craft from Solano and we had a pretty potent mix.

I said this a while back, but that front 6 is my 'template' for building a good side and probably always will be. Such a fantastic, functional and exciting balance.

I said this a while back, but that front 6 is my 'template' for building a good side and probably always will be. Such a fantastic, functional and exciting balance.

you'd chose that as your template over some of wengers arsenal teams and countless ferguson manyoo teams that had everything bobby's team had and more?

Agreed. We won and lost with the effectiveness of that front 6.

you'd chose that as your template over some of wengers arsenal teams and countless ferguson manyoo teams that had everything bobby's team had and more?

Yes, given our budget.

Ah that old cliché; every game is a cup final. Rodgers & Lambert came out in the last couple of days with it, guess Pardew thinks its time for him to say similar.

Shame we're like a shitting dog in every cup game we play.

Bobby's front 6 was supposed to be shored up with Woodgate joining but his injury record + Madrid transfer meant it never would have worked out for us. 

Had we put investment like we have today in our back 4 into Bobby's team we could have won the league.

Bobby's front 6 was supposed to be shored up with Woodgate joining but his injury record + Madrid transfer meant it never would have worked out for us. 

Had we put investment like we have today in our back 4 into Bobby's team we could have won the league.

Nah never good enough to produce it consistently enough to win the league. But a cup? Most definitely.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8460856/

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is urging his side to adopt a cup final mentality as they strive to move away from the Premier League relegation zone.

Don't do that man, we're even worse in cups than we are in the league :lol:

I'd say the problem is that we do play like it's a cup final :lol: total chaos as soon as we go ahead.

Really wish the media hadn't gone on and on about the number of French players.

Think Pardew is going to keep forcing Taylor into the lineup because of it, as some kind of way to prove we still have English players.

I have a solution ... but it will never happen!

Krul

Yanga Mbiwa Taylor Coloccini

Debuchy Cabaye Anita Santon

Sissoko

Cisse Gouffran

Really wish the media hadn't gone on and on about the number of French players.

Think Pardew is going to keep forcing Taylor into the lineup because of it, as some kind of way to prove we still have English players.

I have a solution ... but it will never happen!

Krul

Yanga Mbiwa Taylor Coloccini

Debuchy Cabaye Anita Santon

Sissoko

Cisse Gouffran

Looking at that formation makes me wonder if I've been spiked today.

Guest Dontooner

Don't Use Negative Tactics please , just let the team play and stay in the middle of the pitch.

Pushing all the whole team into our own half and using Shola is a outlet is just stupid