Alan Pardew

Dave

I though that he'd screw up with his half time team talk again but we came back from it if he did.  He even changed the game in our favour when he brought Marveaux on because I thought Marveaux gave us something different going forward when we could have settled for the draw.

Well done Pardew, you've shown some balls and we've benefited from it for a change.  He also picked Taylor and Jonas and both paid off.

Guest bimpy474

There are no words to express just how much I'm looking forward to not having to put up with the insufferably tiresome "Pardew out!" patter over the next few days.

What a cracking day all round. :celb:

I'm looking forward to all the smug fuckers coming out with their insufferably tiresome smugness, no i really am.

Be a smug as you like, loving it today.  :aww:

Guest icemanblue

I was willing him to put Marveaux on. So glad he did. The way we broke forward was very reminiscent of WBA last season. It's good to see that having better players is making the difference it should. He has players now that will allow him the luxury of not having to 'react' quite as much. Really happy for him today, as gay as that sounds.

There are no words to express just how much I'm looking forward to not having to put up with the insufferably tiresome "Pardew out!" patter over the next few days.

What a cracking day all round. :booze:

:rolleyes:

Got everything right today. We'd have lost if he'd have brought on Shola at 2-1.

Guest bimpy474

I was willing him to put Marveaux on. So glad he did. The way we broke forward was very reminiscent of WBA last season. It's good to see that having better players is making the difference it should. He has players now that will allow him the luxury of not having to 'react' quite as much. Really happy for him today, as gay as that sounds.

:nods:

I'm looking forward to all the smug fuckers coming out with their insufferably tiresome smugness, no i really am.

Smug? Balls to you, there's nothing smug about it.

By and large the board will be awash with positivity and I'm fucking delighted to look forward to that, even if only for a short while. It has been all too rare this season.

Guest bimpy474

Smug? Balls to you, there's nothing smug about it.

I'm absolutely fkn delighted that by and large the board will be awash with positivity for a short while. It has been all too rare this season.

Oh ffs, it's just a joke.

Go and get gobbled, you deserve it today, we all do. :lol:

Still want him gone at the end of the season, he's showed complete incompetence all season. He's not good enough for where this clubs wants to/should be. But, in saying that, well done to him today- he didn't panic (as people said) and press the self destruct button. Despite Chelsea's goals being two 'worldies', we did invite them on to us which is very dangerous. However, no point in being negative today, lets all celebrate one of the best wins this club has had in a long time :)

It's times like this that really make you shake your head when he gets it wrong. Fair play to him today though, got it all spot on, more of the same AP, more of the same!!

He's not always had the players he's had available today though has he?

Can't complain with Pardew at all today. I perhaps would have picked a different side but the way he set us up was perfect and the players worked their socks off for him, particularly in the first ten minutes to rock their confidence. We attacked them virtually all game and his one proper sub was spot on. Like for like, but new energy and continuing the attacking intent.

I'm convinced that sometimes managers try to be too clever and either pre-empt things that aren't really there or react too strongly to changes by the opposition. Pardew didn't do that today and all credit to him.

It's times like this that really make you shake your head when he gets it wrong. Fair play to him today though, got it all spot on, more of the same AP, more of the same!!

He's not always had the players he's had available today though has

Not to take anything away from today but its not the personnel but the manner in which he uses/subs them and IMO he got it spot on today. Anyway lets not dwell on the past, he has the personnel now, time for a new beginning and a second chance. More of the same and he has my vote!

I realise this isn't a fair view on Pardew, but I'll not be counting this fantastic win as brownie points for him. This isn't the first time we've done well against one of the top teams - the obvious inference has always been that players inherently raise their game against the top teams for a variety of reasons. On top of this, Pardew for some odd reason seems to be more open to playing the 4-3-3 (that many of us want the team to be playing on a permanent basis), with clear instructions to maintain some form of possession, against the better sides. We played some cracking stuff for example against ManU and Arsenal over the Christmas period, only then to revert back to the ugly, clueless hoofball soon afterwards.

In short, he needs to stick with the system we started with today and the style of play. Only then does he start looking like a competent manager who isn't wasting arguably the most talented group of players we've had since Keegan's "Entertainers".

They told me last time [in the 2-1 home defeat by Reading] that they didn't like me, that my subs were all wrong - and they were probably right.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272513/Benitez-fuming-Coloccini-swerves-red-Ba-nose-break.html#ixzz2JmLGakNS

Fair play to him, he seems to have learned and took notice.

You can't argue with those words. Now let's pray to God he doesn't revert. :aww:

Still absolutely thrilled about the win today.  This is the best NUFC/Pardew performance since when, do you think?  Chelsea away last year?  I think this was better, there was nothing fortuitous about today and Chelsea would have been lucky to scrape a draw.  Man Utd at home last year was probably a touch better.

Guest bimpy474

Still absolutely thrilled about the win today.  This is the best NUFC/Pardew performance since when, do you think?  Chelsea away last year?  I think this was better, there was nothing fortuitous about today and Chelsea would have been lucky to scrape a draw.  Man Utd at home last year was probably a touch better.

Stoke at home (3-0) for me.