Alan Pardew

Dave

So, is he back to being cool again now?

You can have concerns about him and give credit where credit is due.

:thup:

The whole Pardew get's a win so everyone who ever had any concerns is a cunt craic is incredibly tiresome.

He did his job today and got us a home victory, he hasn't made up for the preposterous position he's gotten us in yet.

The torrents of personal abuse thrown his way after every negative result on here is the only tiresome thing. A distinct lack of it tonight.

Because he won and we played well, it would be weird to continue the abuse or whatever. I don't know what we're expected to do? Stay emotionally neutral?

Guest tollemache

In my experience it's best not to claim a couple of results justifies your opinion either way.

tbf maybe I'm lumping some of the outstandingly fickle shite I'm experiencing on Facebook with this forum and fans at large. But then the fickle shite on Facebook is fans at large isn't it... and I've had a fair few pints so I'm going to limit my input for the time being. Hooray

So, is he back to being cool again now?

You can have concerns about him and give credit where credit is due.

:thup:

The whole Pardew get's a win so everyone who ever had any concerns is a cunt craic is incredibly tiresome.

He did his job today and got us a home victory, he hasn't made up for the preposterous position he's gotten us in yet.

:kasper:

Bit strong, non?

Non. The fact that we've even been concerned about relegation is a joke.

In what way? We've had a woeful combination of poor management decisions, lack of squad investment during the summer and a squad incapable/unable to perform at the required level across three competitions for 4mths.

All of these have been woefully underestimated by the club and some of us on here over the summer - thankfully, the situation seems to have been addressed for two of the factors and that should be more than enough to turn things around.

It's happened to other teams on numerous occasions, some have gone down, some have stayed up, some have improved immeasurably for the experience.

In my experience it's best not to claim a couple of results justifies your opinion either way.

tbf maybe I'm lumping some of the outstandingly fickle shite I'm experiencing on Facebook with this forum and fans at large. But then the fickle shite on Facebook is fans at large isn't it... and I've had a fair few pints so I'm going to limit my input for the time being. Hooray

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn.

In the way that we couldn't put three passes together or play with any kind of cohesion for half the season, man.

Bit of glossing over IMO; it's not all down to Pards and he has had some more challenging off-field issues to contend with.

Anyways, a great game today, lets hope it sets up nicely for QBG to have his best.weekend.ever

Guest firetotheworks

Until he made his first sub, I was sure that he wasn't going to for fear of messing everything up. :lol: Then he made a sub...and it was the right one. I was astounded.

No Shola in the second half feels like a turning point. Here's hoping.

I hope so too but he's utterly burned me in the past before :lol:  - after the good streak at the end of last season  I thought he'd turned a corner.

Here's hoping again :lol:

Except that with every passing week of vindication I'll look less and less like a troll won't I

No, you won't. You'll look like an utter bellend.

Listen to Stu, tollemache.

He knows. :lol: