Alan Pardew

Dave

Mind the Man City fans might want to look at where they were a few years ago, complaining about another boring season :lol: fuck me, they should try my view of football. If we were ever in their position I don't think I would be complaining about bad player personnel (must be a piss take) and boring seasons. As for Disappointing, Frustration and Bewilderment, i'm surprised the lad never topped himself when they were in division 1 or 2. Or even just go back 5-6 seasons mid table nobodies and now have cheek to complain :)

mind they are fucking dreadful to watch judging by Villa game

Feel like a young Nigel Farage. Xenophobia seeping from my every pore. FWIW, 'posers' was the intentional meaning in that Rivers of Blood tirade. The majority of foreign posters are fabulous when it is clear they have genuine emotional attachment to the club.

What is slightly galling, and noticeable of late, is random Doug Stanhopes calling for the managers head having taken us up as their EPL ROSTER shortly after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. These people are perfectly harmless in truth, the real problem lies with the seething ant-Pardew reprobates who actually attend matches and spread their depressing gospel around the city like footballing dementors.

Anyway, off to Blyth beach to ward off immigrants.

:lol:

Wrong use of 'roster' tbh.

Interesting the subs comments.

I remember SBR getting a lot of stick for his subs as well.

I don't think fans are ever happy with them tbh, or at least more often than not they think the wrong choices have been made. Maybe from the outside looking in they are seen as more of a potential game changer than they often are.

Would be interesting to see if any fans actually rate their managers ability to fully utilise the bench.

There is often cases of subs changing games so I think it does work. I could even put up with Pards bringing attackers for attackers and defenders for defenders. What I struggle with is bringing two defensive midfielders on against Reading when winning 1-0 and losing 2-1 - when we were in full control of the game. He appears to have stopped doing this I think in last few games but they are bad decisions. He has made some weird decisions all season, everyone can see Cisse can't play right wing but he decided fuck it he will persevere and seems to have ruined the bloke. Same with playing Shola on wing, truly bizarre to put a lethargic and shit in his proper position player out of position.

I think these are the things that confuse me the most, I just don't get what he is trying to achieve at times, other than defend and hope

Interesting the subs comments.

I remember SBR getting a lot of stick for his subs as well.

I don't think fans are ever happy with them tbh, or at least more often than not they think the wrong choices have been made. Maybe from the outside looking in they are seen as more of a potential game changer than they often are.

Would be interesting to see if any fans actually rate their managers ability to fully utilise the bench.

There is often cases of subs changing games so I think it does work. I could even put up with Pards bringing attackers for attackers and defenders for defenders. What I struggle with is bringing two defensive midfielders on against Reading when winning 1-0 and losing 2-1 - when we were in full control of the game. He appears to have stopped doing this I think in last few games but they are bad decisions. He has made some weird decisions all season, everyone can see Cisse can't play right wing but he decided fuck it he will persevere and seems to have ruined the bloke. Same with playing Shola on wing, truly bizarre to put a lethargic and shit in his proper position player out of position.

I think these are the things that confuse me the most, I just don't get what he is trying to achieve at times, other than defend and hope

Obviously there are subs that work out but I am talking about if fans of opposing teams think their manager consistently makes game changing subs. From my experience with us and then reading those comments I would guess most managers are seen as making poor or negative substitutions.

if fans of opposing teams think their manager consistently makes game changing subs. From my experience with us and then reading those comments I would guess most managers are seen as making poor or negative substitutions.

Against us just in 2013*, Giroud scored 2 within 15 mins to kill the game off, Anichebe scored the winner after 2 mins on the pitch, Le Fondre scored 2 vital/winning goals within 10 mins of coming on and Moore scored the winner on the weekend.

Shola against QPR and Ba against Everton are the only 2 point winners I can think of for us all season in that vein.

*give or take a few days.

if fans of opposing teams think their manager consistently makes game changing subs. From my experience with us and then reading those comments I would guess most managers are seen as making poor or negative substitutions.

Against us just in 2013*, Giroud scored 2 within 15 mins to kill the game off, Anichebe scored the winner after 2 mins on the pitch, Le Fondre scored 2 vital/winning goals within 10 mins of coming on and Moore scored the winner on the weekend.

Shola against QPR and Ba against Everton are the only 2 point winners I can think of for us all season in that vein.

Not so much Anichebe, but I'm sure if Pardew had a striker of Giroud's ability to come off the bench up front, he'd do the same. In fact, I'd even take Anichebe and Le Fondre over Shola on the bench.

2 of the examples there are managers who according to their fans make bad/negative substitutions which kind of proves my point.

Including Moore though :lol: that was hardly a managerial masterstroke. Yes the player he brought on scored but seriously are you crediting Laudrup for that?

Not so much Anichebe, but I'm sure if Pardew had a striker of Giroud's ability to come off the bench up front, he'd do the same. In fact, I'd even take Anichebe and Le Fondre over Shola on the bench.

That's true, but you've got to get the most out of what you've got. We just seem to throw Shola on, stick Cisse on the wing and hope for the best.

2 of the examples there are managers who according to their fans make bad/negative substitutions which kind of proves my point.

Including Moore though :lol: that was hardly a managerial masterstroke. Yes the player he brought on scored but seriously are you crediting Laudrup for that?

Just naming another substitute who scored a winning goal against us. I'd have counted Cisse's goal against West Brom if I'd noticed he didn't start btw which is similar to Moore's inclusion.

Just naming another substitute who scored a winning goal against us. I'd have counted Cisse's goal against West Brom if I'd noticed he didn't start btw which is similar to Moore's inclusion.

I still don't think that's a manager changing the game and I doubt the Swansea fans were praising him for doing it, well only doing it tongue in cheek perhaps. I am sure they won't be looking back at the end of the season and talking warmly about Laudrup's excellent decision to bring on Moore anyway  :laugh:

I still don't think that's a manager changing the game and I doubt the Swansea fans were praising him for doing it, well only doing it tongue in cheek perhaps. I am sure they won't be looking back at the end of the season and talking warmly about Laudrup's excellent decision to bring on Moore anyway  :laugh:

Same as we wont about Cisse against West Brom.

They took off a midfielder and brought on a striker who then scored. It was an awful goal from an awful player but it's 1-0 and 3 points.

They took off a midfielder and brought on a striker who then scored. It was an awful goal from an awful player but it's 1-0 and 3 points.

against chelsea we took off a forward (gouffran) and brought on a midfielder (marveaux) and went on to win.

Went in off his arse from substitute Sammy Ameobi's shot didn't it? Genius set of substitutions that day. ;)

Pardew may not be better than AVB or Laudrup but he was good enough to get us to 5th place last season.

I reckon the disappointment of this season mainly stem from:

1) Not investing on senior players last summer.

2) Most players not performing at same level as they did the season before except for Demba Ba.

3) playing in Europa League with a smallish squad.

4) More injuries to key players with longer recovery periods.

The bottom line is any manager facing the problems above would have struggled to cope.

Pardew may not be better than AVB or Laudrup but he was good enough to get us to 5th place last season.

2) Most players not performing at same level as they did the season before except for Demba Ba.

The bottom line is any manager facing the problems above would have struggled to cope.

I love it, Pardew has no effect at all on our performances.

You are correct but on the other side of the coin those most vocal in the Pardew is shite camp often ignore the things SLK mentioned.

You are correct but on the other side of the coin those most vocal in the Pardew is s**** camp often ignore the things SLK mentioned.

Well it could be argued that point 2 is down to Pardew no? Also playing in the Europa League can't be seen as too much of a problem this season since we played 60% youngsters and bench players in those games ;)

Point 2 is hard to prove either way really. Can a manager always stop players being a bit shit? Has Torres form since he left Liverpool (or even just before) been down to the managers we has played under? Has Carroll been mismanaged since he left? Is Moyes doing Mirales/Jelavic a disservice this season? Or can players just go through poor seasons themselves without pointing the finger at the manager?

To be fair Pardew has got credit for written off players doing well so I suppose it's fair he gets criticism when they do badly but I don't think it's as black and white as that.

That's still 40% (if those figures are right) still playing a lot of games with a relatively small squad. Santon clearly needs a rest for one.

As I have said many times, Pardew has been responsible as much as anyone for our poor season with his counter-productive/negative/anxious football but you can't ignore the injuries, suspensions, players off form/lack of options etc.. we have had this season. We should still have done better but my point was it's not all down to "that cunt Pardew" which often seems to be the sole reason amongst a select few.

Guest neesy111

Injuries and Suspensions is part and parcel of the game and not an excuse as all managers have to deal with them.

Whatever mitigating circumstances there might be, and excuses that the Pardew supporters on here are so happy to make for him, it's undeniable that he's been in charge of an absolutely diabolical season, taking a better squad than the one that finished 5th to the depths of a relegation struggle, that we are not out of yet. Add in the horrible shapeless tactical mess that we invariably produce, and the fact that we can't win when we go behind, can't produce away from SJP, and that every single player barring Marveaux has gone backwards this season, some of them Colo, Jonas, Santon, Krul, Cisse, Tiote for starters, have been pretty near diabolical most of the time.

The players fault or the man in charge, who in any case had no history to show that he was a decent or even competent manager when he arrived. No surprises that we are in the mess that we are, or that we will continue to under perform as long as he remains in charge.

Pardew's performance this season is indefensible, so why are people on here continuing to pretend otherwise?

Pardew just fills me with apathy. He is what he is: an average manager thats probably not capable of taking this squad to the level we want; but nowhere near as bad a manager as some people say. Hypothetically if we could hire a young, forward thinking, modern manager that plays good football I'd be all for it. However is that likely to happen? Is there someone out there that fits the bill and would want to come? We've had far worse than Pardew here for sure. Its a dangerous game just assuming someone else could come in and do a lot better. I don't know, its a frustrating spot to be in.