Alan Pardew

Dave

It was between days, Pards slipped in between a time space continuum masked as he was by the distraction of the dismissed Hughton. Pards de-cloaked somewhere inside the belly of SJP and unfolded his pair of dark russet wings. He waited in the darkness and he made his plans...Against us...

It was between days, Pards slipped in between a time space continuum masked as he was by the distraction of the dismissed Hughton. Pards de-cloaked somewhere inside the belly of SJP and unfolded his pair of dark russet wings. He waited in the darkness and he made his plans...Against us...

Pardew got a Romulan warbird now?

If indeed we are going to sack him I don't think they will do until our place in the Premiership is confirmed, or in a horrible horrible world we are relegated.

If we stay up and the board are wanting to sack him then it won't happen until the end of the season, I think the board got their fingers burnt too much last time by changing managers so late on, they won't risk it again.

The bad thing is though I honestly think the owners won't sack him and will fall for his "They are tired after Europe, and we have had injuries" bullshit.

If we somehow get 3 points against WBA then their needs to be Pardew out banners at the Liverpool game, if however we don't but are safe by the time Arsenal comes round then there should be for the Arsenal game. Honestly this cunt has got off lightly, how Souness and Fat Sam had fans chanting for them out so soon and this guy doesn't is beyond me.

If indeed we are going to sack him I don't think they will do until our place in the Premiership is confirmed, or in a horrible horrible world we are relegated.

If we stay up and the board are wanting to sack him then it won't happen until the end of the season, I think the board got their fingers burnt too much last time by changing managers so late on, they won't risk it again.

The bad thing is though I honestly think the owners won't sack him and will fall for his "They are tired after Europe, and we have had injuries" bullshit.

Agreed, unfortunately I think they will buy into whatever bollocks he peddles them pretty much. Its scary to think, this is v.important time for us, where we can press ahead to become a big team again, or fall by the wayside under the tenure of this clown

You know what would be a more ironic and bitter pill to swallow? If somehow he managed to lead us to a respectable finish 10th-12th and Ashley looked at it and the Europa League run and said to himself that it's acceptable and bear in mind we are only in our 3rd season in the Premiership.

If we somehow get 3 points against WBA then their needs to be Pardew out banners at the Liverpool game, if however we don't but are safe by the time Arsenal comes round then there should be for the Arsenal game. Honestly this c*** has got off lightly, how Souness and Fat Sam had fans chanting for them out so soon and this guy doesn't is beyond me.

Probably because what fucking Clown will Ashley hire next

Guest hobshobs

It worries me that if he's sacked before the season ends (won't happen) is we'll rush and bring Mark Hughes or someone equally terrible in.

I quite like Mark Hughes. He wouldn't be my first choice obviously, but I think he's a decent manager and could do a decent job here, so long as he had absolutely no involvement in the signing of players. Having said that, I appear to be one of very few who doesn't want Pardew sacked.

Mark Hughes. Are you being serious? Guessing your second choice will be Neil Warnock then?

Agreed, unfortunately I think they will buy into whatever bollocks he peddles them pretty much. Its scary to think, this is v.important time for us, where we can press ahead to become a big team again, or fall by the wayside under the tenure of this clown

You know what would be a more ironic and bitter pill to swallow? If somehow he managed to lead us to a respectable finish 10th-12th and Ashley looked at it and the Europa League run and said to himself that it's acceptable and bear in mind we are only in our 3rd season in the Premiership.

It may be our only 3rd season in the prem, but its not like we been down in the lower leagues for centuries, we spent one season in the championship, it was practically a premiership team that came back up.

Guest hobshobs

Full review:

'So things didn't go as well as expected'

'Nope'

'...Well see you next season'

Pardew to Mike and Derek: Before I go off on holiday can I just say I think it's vital that we get another contract sorted out for Shola. We need to sign a left back as cover for Jonas and I hope I can leave it to you guys to ensure that Danny Simpson is still a Newcastle player when I get back. That will give me the foundation I need for next season.

I think one excellent season plus one decent half a season is enough to mean that he will start the new season as manager assuming we stay up.

There have been some problems, it is undeniable, but some have been of his own doing.

He has a reputation of starting off well but destroying himself with his own arrogance. This season, notably the last game is a final opportunity for him to change for the better.

To do that, he must:

1. Give up the 1 man up top (a philosophy he claims to have started), and revert to having either 2 or 3 up front (and this does not include Sissoko).

2. Stop switching the team around

3. Have developed coherent offensive strategies in training

4. More professional pre-match routine (against Man City I saw our team bus coming in about 20 mins from the stadium at only just over an hour before KO).

5. Stop assigning roles to players that are unsuited to their attributes (eg Sissoko as a target man)

6. Review the work undertaken by fitness/medical staff.

7. Be prepared to go for the jugular more often.

8. Reduce the number of defensive midfielders and watercarriers.

9. Encourage better set pieces.

In terms of results last season was excellent but the football was still turgid for the most part.

As for that list, he's had 2 years to accomplish those things, all of which are the basics you'd expect from any half decent manager, and is he any further forward?  I have zero faith in him as the man to improve us as a team.

not sure turgid is the right word, agree with oldtype that they were well drilled and due to the ba factor, then cisse, then hba it worked on the whole

was it not 17 clean sheets last year too?  you can't discount that but honestly planning an entire season and gameplan on keeping that amount of clean sheets is fucking madness because rarely do anyone but the very top teams achieve something like that...even now they don't bother trying for the most part

i think most people on here thought that it would be a development thing, last season was based on keeping it very tight and nicking goals...as we'd go along we'd pickup better players and the football would develop from there :yao:

EDIT: i'd have to say i was one of them for a while too, i thought the football was poor for parts last season but when they opened up after the mackems game, west brom (a) etc. i thought that would be the platform going forward as it was so blatantly obvious then that we had good footballers in the team and goals aplenty if we just followed that pattern and built on it :yao: :yao:

Revisionist history to say the football was turgid last season.

It was nothing exciting, but for the most part we were well-drilled and well-organized.

God knows where all of that went.

It was turgid for large parts of last season.

The mistake was giving him an 8 year contract, sacking him now or in the summer , will not look good and may put off any decent managers who may want to come and work for Ashley.

I am sure most outsiders would think he not doing to bad a job here.So i fear sacking him all we would end up with is a Mark Hughes , or Tony Pulis as our next manager.

Neither of which i would class an impovement. on what we have already  got.

Think he's an absolute snake tbh. :lol:

Don't actually care like, it's the fact that he's wank at his job that's the problem.

Me dad says he's a stand-up guy :undecided:

Your dad's probably on the wind-up, being your dad as he is and all.

He didn't wind anyone up about January ;)