Alan Pardew

Dave

Haven't read the whole thread (would probably have opened my wrists by now if I had!) so not sure if this has been mentioned, but thought this bit from the .com match report was interesting:

A good amount of the necessary raw materials look to be here, but it may well be left to someone else to try reach that intangible "next level" next season. Whether it's of his own success or his failings, Alan Pardew is starting to look like a victim - and the expression on the owner's face at 0-3 hardly suggested that he was dashing off to organise a support group....

Could it be there is a search already underway for an end of season replacement?

Haven't read the whole thread (would probably have opened my wrists by now if I had!) so not sure if this has been mentioned, but thought this bit from the .com match report was interesting:

A good amount of the necessary raw materials look to be here, but it may well be left to someone else to try reach that intangible "next level" next season. Whether it's of his own success or his failings, Alan Pardew is starting to look like a victim - and the expression on the owner's face at 0-3 hardly suggested that he was dashing off to organise a support group....

Could it be there is a search already underway for an end of season replacement?

don't give me hope man

Just read the .com match report myself, it's superb, best thing I've read on there in years (and I'm a fan).

Couple of things really stood out to me, their comment about a lot of the home support being oblivious to what they've actually seen other than the final score, and the mackems being without their two top scorers - I hadn't even realised that, possibly because I don't read sunderland PR but more likely because Di Canio didn't go into the game saying we were favourites because of it. Pardew said they were favourites even though they had major injuries and we largely didn't!

Guest neesy111

The only saving thing for me about the current mess we are in is that unlike in the past we do have a core of a very good team.

Just read the .com match report myself, it's superb, best thing I've read on there in years (and I'm a fan).

Couple of things really stood out to me, their comment about a lot of the home support being oblivious to what they've actually seen other than the final score, and the mackems being without their two top scorers - I hadn't even realised that, possibly because I don't read sunderland PR but more likely because Di Canio didn't go into the game saying we were favourites because of it. Pardew said they were favourites even though they had major injuries and we largely didn't!

I've never seen a man so negative as Pardew, it's fucking ridiculous.

I've never seen a man so negative as Pardew, it's fucking ridiculous.

As well as being a negative football manager, he also uses the 'get the excuses in early' tactic for deflecting blame from his own incompetence, straight out of the Graeme Souness playbook.

I feel sorry for him now.

not me, i remained behind him til sunday, cant accept that from any Newcastle Team or manager. Un-forgiveable  imo. unless we match it at thier place under him, hes a loser to me.

Guest neesy111

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 2m

32 - Newcastle United have used 32 different players in the Premier League this season; more than any other side. Army.

Guest neesy111

Pardew? Why?

1.  Victim of his own success.

2.  I seriously don't think he know's what to do to turn it around.

3.  The players up to now have got off lightly for what has happened.

Pardew? Why?

I agree with 2 and 3 for sure. Number 1 is debatable, obviously this season would have been a shocker no matter how last season went.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 2m

32 - Newcastle United have used 32 different players in the Premier League this season; more than any other side. Army.

He's like the anti MON.

Pardew? Why?

I don't feel sorry for him. He's a grown man, in a fortunate position being paid a lot of money (relative to the rest of us I mean, I know it is less than most PL managers) and he's supposed to know what he is doing.

I would agree with you though on all three points.

1. He got lucky. Everything clicked last season, even to the degree of previously good teams having nightmare seasons. In reality we should have finished 8th at most if other teams had performed to their correct levels.

2. Amen. He is looking clueless. I honestly believe he can't understand how it has all gone so wrong, hence all the excuses he trots out on a weekly basis.

3. For me this is the absolute key. The players should be getting absolutely coated for the abject performances they have been putting in. I accept that they are being poorly managed tactically, but that doesn't explain the basic lack of ability most of them have shown at times this season.

*Abject, schoolboy level defending

*Passes that go nowhere near their intended destination

*Set piece deliveries continually hitting the first man OR being smashed so far over everyone Superman would struggle to get them

*Being offside for what seems like 75% of the chances that come your way

*Gutless and Spineless performances, where even the base level of "putting in 100%" is seriously in question

The fact that these are a group of quality full international footballers makes all of the above hard to pin ENTIRELY on Pardew. Although, as always, the manager is the one who will ultimately take the blame.

Pardew? Why?

Victim of his own success :lol:

5 games to go we're in danger of getting relegated with one of the most expensive squads in the premier FFS.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 2m

He's like the anti MON.

Pardew? Why?

I don't feel sorry for him. He's a grown man, in a fortunate position being paid a lot of money (relative to the rest of us I mean, I know it is less than most PL managers) and he's supposed to know what he is doing.

I would agree with you though on all three points.

1. He got lucky. Everything clicked last season, even to the degree of previously good teams having nightmare seasons. In reality we should have finished 8th at most if other teams had performed to their correct levels.

2. Amen. He is looking clueless. I honestly believe he can't understand how it has all gone so wrong, hence all the excuses he trots out on a weekly basis.

3. For me this is the absolute key. The players should be getting absolutely coated for the abject performances they have been putting in. I accept that they are being poorly managed tactically, but that doesn't explain the basic lack of ability most of them have shown at times this season.

*Abject, schoolboy level defending

*Passes that go nowhere near their intended destination

*Set piece deliveries continually hitting the first man OR being smashed so far over everyone Superman would struggle to get them

*Being offside for what seems like 75% of the chances that come your way

*Gutless and Spineless performances, where even the base level of "putting in 100%" is seriously in question

The fact that these are a group of quality full international footballers makes all of the above hard to pin ENTIRELY on Pardew. Although, as always, the manager is the one who will ultimately take the blame.

Spot on.

I feel honoured to receive a;

Spot on.

From our internet overlord. Most of my posts seem to go by without anyone even noticing.

I might post this in Jotenko's Good things to happen today thread.

Pardew? Why?

- He hasn't had any success.

- He doesn't know what he is doing period.

- The players should stop listening to him and do their own thing so we can actually get some results.