Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Aside from Ashley which good managers would want to come here given our manager history and the fact one who finally did well got sacked after a bad run following almost qualifying for the champions league :lol:

Come on man, managers would be battering down the door to work for Newcastle.

I highly doubt that.

Aside from Ashley which good managers would want to come here given our manager history and the fact one who finally did well got sacked after a bad run following almost qualifying for the champions league :lol:

Come on man, managers would be battering down the door to work for Newcastle.

I highly doubt that.

Not Mourinho or Guardiola et al, but nearly everyone else. I don't see why they wouldn't, unless they're transfer-hungry like Redknapp.

I think the environment that Pardew works under ( Ashley and Llambias etc etc) will be the biggest obstacle we would have to over come if we ever sacked him in looking for a replacement.

The actual lure of the club won't be an issue.

True, but I think we overplay it at times. Many clubs have restrictions and shared responsibility for signings etc.

Anyway, Pards will be here for many years to come IMO.

It's not about the 433 itself as a formation. It's about what gives our best attacking player, Ben Arfa, the best chance to hurt teams. I didn't mind him at all playing behind Ba for example as he did away to Man Utd last season. In fact I quite enjoyed watching him play more central, and I thought with a good run of games there he'd really flourish.

As things stand, HBA is shackled, badly, in his current role, and I applaud him for continuing to track back and cover his defensive duties despite his frustrations. It's easy for a footballer like him these days to shrivel up and hoy the toys out. It's what is expected of him of course, being a professional and all.

Something isn't going right somewhere, and I'm not sure Pardew can put his finger on it. The much famed "Team spirit" seems to have dissipated a bit compared to what we've seen in the last couple of seasons, and I believe it may have something to do with the transfer sagas of the summer (Agents, heads turned etc..) coupled with second season syndrome, injuries, suspensions, etc..

I hope this is just a phase, an exception, rather than the rule.

Guest neesy111

Both the Management and Players need to take responsibility over the shite performances, though I think Pardew is not good at taking criticism from his previous managerial positions.

I am not happy with the current situation. but to call for his head is ridicules. He made a big mistake in the summer on gambling with the current squad. We needed 3 or 4 more additional players. Carr also need to step it up. I wonder why why pay Anita 6 mil and the likes of Diame costs nothing?

Guest malandro

Both the Management and Players need to take responsibility over the s**** performances, though I think Pardew is not good at taking criticism from his previous managerial positions.

His record before becoming NUFC manager suggests there's a few things he wasn't very good at.

What he hasn't been at NUFC is shit and talk of getting shot of him is wildly premature but there's nothing in his managerial record to suggest he can turn things around once forward momentum has been lost, which is what he is going to have to do if he's here for another eight years.

The supporters will accept plodding along in an Ashley wonderland if the team are playing open attractive football, but grinding out results playing turgid defensive football won't be tolerated for long if theres no objective beyond saving money.

Diame's just another Papa Bouba Diop, another one who always looked fantastic against us on account of being physical but actually couldn't pass a ball.

I cannot comprehend anyone saying Swansea passed us off the park last season. That game was an absolute masterclass in how to play against a side like that. Krul's never had an easier afternoon and once we scored the result was never in doubt no matter how many passes they made.

It's not about the 433 itself as a formation. It's about what gives our best attacking player, Ben Arfa, the best chance to hurt teams. I didn't mind him at all playing behind Ba for example as he did away to Man Utd last season. In fact I quite enjoyed watching him play more central, and I thought with a good run of games there he'd really flourish.

As things stand, HBA is shackled, badly, in his current role, and I applaud him for continuing to track back and cover his defensive duties despite his frustrations. It's easy for a footballer like him these days to shrivel up and hoy the toys out. It's what is expected of him of course, being a professional and all.

Something isn't going right somewhere, and I'm not sure Pardew can put his finger on it. The much famed "Team spirit" seems to have dissipated a bit compared to what we've seen in the last couple of seasons, and I believe it may have something to do with the transfer sagas of the summer (Agents, heads turned etc..) coupled with second season syndrome, injuries, suspensions, etc..

I hope this is just a phase, an exception, rather than the rule.

yes and no, it isn't so much about the formation, the better teams have a nominal formation and the fluidity to make them hard to mark, movement to create and expolit space and are orgainised and disciplined when out of possession. also it's not about feeding ben arfa (if anything, ultimately it should be about feeding our forwards).

even though i've advocated 4-3-3 as the best wat to use our squad, i'd rather a fluid 4-4-2 than a rigid 4-3-3.

Diame's just another Papa Bouba Diop, another one who always looked fantastic against us on account of being physical but actually couldn't pass a ball.

I cannot comprehend anyone saying Swansea passed us off the park last season. That game was an absolute masterclass in how to play against a side like that. Krul's never had an easier afternoon and once we scored the result was never in doubt no matter how many passes they made.

didn't see it that way at the time, i was desperate for us to get some possession. on watching the game back a day or so after i realised we'd played it perfectly.

Must say Diame looked a good player against you.

Can I assume that the 4-3-3 people are after involves Tiote, Anita and Cabaye as a midfield 3? Because that, to me, seems the entirely natural midfield 3 to have. Is the lack of the much fabled 4-3-3 because of question marks over Anita in midfield (if this is the case, do people think the Jonas injury will force Pardew in this direction?) or is it because he doesn't want to put Ba out wide in the front 3 because he's scoring goals this season centrally?

Can I assume that the 4-3-3 people are after involves Tiote, Anita and Cabaye as a midfield 3? Because that, to me, seems the entirely natural midfield 3 to have. Is the lack of the much fabled 4-3-3 because of question marks over Anita in midfield (if this is the case, do people think the Jonas injury will force Pardew in this direction?) or is it because he doesn't want to put Ba out wide in the front 3 because he's scoring goals this season centrally?

Your assumptions are exactly what i'm after. I'd have Ba and Cisse fighting for the central slot, or let Ba start then move him onto the left when Cisse comes on.

For me, the midfield is secondary provided we go with a front three of Ba (left side), Cisse (Central) and HBA (Right side).

It seems Ba isn't allowed to play anywhere other than in the middle though, and that's fucking us over. Ba's great in the middle, don't get me wrong, but Cisse can't play wide and we've nobody else who can play as an auxiliary striker alongside Ba and Ben Arfa. Also, When we do go 4-3-3 this season Pardew is doing the baffling thing of putting Hatem on the left which is just crazy, and Cisse on the right, meaning we're really playing 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3 as like all players they want to play on their strongest foot and will tend to go wide.

That's exactly what we'd want in 4-4-2 (But don't get, as Pardew then plays Jonas left and HBA right...), but not if we're trying to go 4-3-3.

However to answer your actual question, I'd ideally want Tiote, Cabaye and Anita, yes. And as for the bolded bit of your post, I strongly suspect Ba is playing centrally simply because Pardew is shitting himself over the £7m release fee that's rumoured to still exist and Ba doesn't like playing out wide.

Shame its our only formation where we actually look dangerous.

Your assumptions are exactly what i'm after. I'd have Ba and Cisse fighting for the central slot, or let Ba start then move him onto the left when Cisse comes on.

do we have to have a central slot and one on the left ? have they not the intelligence to play off each and into space which may necessitate one of them to drift wider then the other ? could even end up for part of a game with both wide and bena arfa finding space in the middle as the fabled false no9.