Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest BooBoo

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/PardewSing-150x150.jpg

Pardy Time

Pards' whole attitude in that video is "I'm waaaay cooler than this shit, but I'll join in for the LOLs."

Guest optimistic nit

To cancel the early pages of the original thread, I'm going to be super-positive about Pards.

Credit to him, he has turned it all round. As part of a winning structure, he is the focal point of our revival and deservedly won Manager of the Season. The players seem to love him, he's a master of the media and is a pleasure to listen to. I also like the backroom staff he's brought in, instilling a Geordie influence on our dressing room. I've not always agreed with his tactics and decisions but you can't argue with 5th place. Absolutely brilliant.

.....and a lothario with the ladies  :pards:

to be honest, i'm quite happy with how things have gone since then, so as far as i'm concerned pardew can join the rest of the cockney mafia and get the fuck out of newcastle. Horrible horrible man.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/TV/FeaturesDetail/0,,10278~2883109,00.html

Nice video of some of the questions asked the other night. It makes that tweet from the club look even more ridiculous.

I love Pards me like :smitten:

I'm getting tired of people posting clips that cost to view.

We get it, you have a bit of money in your back pocket.

:lol: :lol:

Fucking snobs the lot of them.

i always forget to cancel the subscription but really wish i had this year. Nice to hear him say he expects to have a big name through the door by Saturday although circumstances may have changed now.

It's strange to know that the treatment Pardew got when he arrived has still stuck with some people. I met Brian McDermott at a Google talk in a month or 2 back and I asked him a question about Pardew to which the response was totally bitter about the treatment he got (w*****) and that we only like him now because he's doing ok with us. I know he's a friend of his and all that jazz but I guess he only chooses to believe what he wants to believe, nothing about the context beforehand or anything else.

To be fair though, we do only like him becasue he has done well and conducts himself well in the media. Had we gone down the season before last or had been lower-mid table last year as a fanbase we'd still be split on him at best.

Agree on the context though, it goes for pretty much everything. The media report the event without the background to it all the time, really lazy attitude to take

Guest neesy111

I was surprised that most people were so against Pardew when he arrived. I guess it was mainly to do with the nature of Hughton's sacking, and the general hatred of the ownership at the time.

Pardew's managerial record wasn't great as well tbh.  Sacked from his last 3 jobs.

I was surprised that most people were so against Pardew when he arrived. I guess it was mainly to do with the nature of Hughton's sacking, and the general hatred of the ownership at the time.

That and he didn't have a great record in his previous employment (certainly not in my mind anyway)

Plus the only "positive" that I could see with the sacking of CH was a "big name" manager coming, someone who had become free and fancied a crack at it and that's why CH got the boot.

Oh well ,you live and learn I guess  :lol:

Was originally just shocked at the manner in which we sacked CH.  I also always felt like Ashley and DL were always prone to the random decision or fucking with whatever harmony we had.  We lacked stable results - one week we'd thrash Sunderland then get turned over by Bolton and then another week partake in the most boring 0-0 draw of my life.  When we hired AP, I again wanted a name with pedigree (that Jol timing was strange too) but knew that I had to back him 100% after he was officially announced. 

Can't say I agree with all of his decisions, but he did what he said he would do - and that is work his arse off to win our trust and support.  I'm proud that he's our manager and looking forward to this season.

Yeah, I just thought Pardew always came across an intelligent and positive manager. I also knew West Ham fans who quite rated him, even met a mackem who was confident he would do well for us.

On earth?