Alan Pardew

Dave

I think if it were Redknapp/MONg/Hughes or many other managers we don't like we'd be calling it a disgrace. For me disgrace is too far, it was very silly, I don't think we can moan at a touchline ban. We'll get a few journos now who'll be holier than thou on the situation no doubt. Surprised MOTD brushed over it fairly lightly. To be fair Pardew seems to be liked by the media, so that could have helped in this situation.

Wasn't that bad, and I agree that the linesman should also be held responsible for what was a s*** decision that nearly cost us a goal, but he definitely deserves maybe a 1 match touchline ban or a fine.

the ball wasn't out, as shown on the many replays...

Er, it quite clearly was. Not as far out as the players suggested, but it definitely was out.

a good few millimeters was on the line, meaning its not out. Atleast thats how it seemed like when they reviewed the situation on norwegian television...

It looks out to me but I could say 100%. They didn't seem to have a camera shot that would confirm. I think 9/10 lineos give a throw in the same situation regardless of whether it was technically in or out.

Anyway regardless of that Pardew should keep his hands to himself. You can see it was heat of the moment but still he was and idiot to do it.

At least he's come out and said so rather than make some smart ass remark and deny it. I've seen some make a remark on he was laughing but I think that was embarrassment more than anything, he knows he fucked up.

I think if it were Redknapp/MONg/Hughes or many other managers we don't like we'd be calling it a disgrace. For me disgrace is too far, it was very silly, I don't think we can moan at a touchline ban. We'll get a few journos now who'll be holier than thou on the situation no doubt. Surprised MOTD brushed over it fairly lightly. To be fair Pardew seems to be liked by the media, so that could have helped in this situation.

I think for once MOTD got it spot on and saw it for what it was. Can't say for definite as I possibly would have been swept along with the rest but if it was a manager I didn't despise I honestly don't think I would have been outraged.

If Fergie had done the same thing, would he have been sent to the stands at old trafford? i very much doubt it

Fergie and Wenger have been sent to the stands before. To be fair I think most referees upon  hearing what he had done would have sent whoever to the stands.

I can't remember a manager pushing an official before, I think the FA will look pretty grimly on the whole thing. I don't think this one is because "we are Newcastle"

He's clearly not pushing the lines man just giving him a shove to say "did you see that" in the heat of the moment. He's not even looking at him when he did it man.

Whatever it was and I believe it was the heat of the moment, he can't be doing shit like that. If an opposing player did the same to a ref you would probably expect a red card.

If Fergie had done the same thing, would he have been sent to the stands at old trafford? i very much doubt it

Fergie and Wenger have been sent to the stands before. To be fair I think most referees upon  hearing what he had done would have sent whoever to the stands.

I can't remember a manager pushing an official before, I think the FA will look pretty grimly on the whole thing. I don't think this one is because "we are Newcastle"

I honestly dont think it was anywhere near as bad as some have said, however i do think pardew wil be given some kind of punishment, purely so the FA can stamp thier authority at the start of the season

He's clearly not pushing the lines man just giving him a shove to say "did you see that" in the heat of the moment. He's not even looking at him when he did it man.

Whatever it was and I believe it was the heat of the moment, he can't be doing s*** like that. If an opposing player did the same to a ref you would probably expect a red card.

aye, no defending it to be honest

I honestly dont think it was anywhere near as bad as some have said, however i do think pardew wil be given some kind of punishment, purely so the FA can stamp thier authority at the start of the season

It will work against him that it was the very opening day of the season, it may have been brushed under the carpet a bit more mid-season, but its the first major controversial incident. The FA and PL are fully behind the respect campaigns and all the Olympic stuff is still fresh. I am expecting a couple of games touchline ban with a few more added on suspended with the view to future behavior, and of course a monetary fine.