Alan Pardew

Dave

I'm sick of hearing that we've allegedly got about 10 players out with injury and that's why we're shit.

HBA

Cabaye

S Taylor

R Taylor

Shola

Gosling

Vukic

Obertan

according to Physioroom at least. Well OK, that's 8. Maybe a couple have come back since I heard 10 were out but still, only 3 of them are first teamers by anyone's reckoning, and they only got injured recently yet we've been dogshit all season. It's a bullshit excuse.

And for the record, according to the same site Wigan have nine out, one more than us. So Pardew, put a f***ing cork in it. I don't hear Martinez bleating about injuries, he's probably too busy working with his players and trying to figure out how to take 3 points off us.

Also, that tired s*** about injuiries sounds even more hollow when we were reprimanded for expecting inbound signings over the summer, being told instead we should just be grateful we'd not sold anyone. Now the same bloke is bemoaning an injury "crisis" to THREE first team players. If 3 players out mean we can't get a single point from West Ham, Swansea, Southampton or Stoke (Though Ben Arfa played the first 2 matches, and Taylor 3 so that in itself is laughable) and are now terrified of the impending visit of mighty Wigan f***ing Athletic then you really need to have a word with yourself.

The problem here is simple, and the solution is more so:

- Stop wittering on about injuries.

- Play 4-3-3

- Grow some bollocks and tell Ba to either play wide left or else f*** off. I'm past caring which he does, but he needs to do one of them or we're going to play s*** for the rest of the season.

- If you're that desperate to play 4-4-2, buy some (At least 2) proper wingers in January. And don't play Ben Arfa there because he's not a winger. So that's another problem you'll need to solve. And then after you buy them, play the wingers on the right bloody wings.

- Put Santon to right back. He's right footed, that's where he should play.

- Stop spending 80% of your training time on defence and stopping the opposition. Especially when the opposition are teams like Southampton, Stoke, West Ham and bloody Swansea

- Easier than buying 2 new wingers, just play 4-3-3 since we've got the personnel for it already.

- But still put Santon at right back. Buy a left-footed left back in January.

he is not yet sure what areas of his squad needs strengthening the most

:dowie: :facepalm:

What the fuck?  I sincerely hope that isn't true because every bugger else has known for the last couple of years.

In my view the January window isn’t something we can focus on at the minute in terms of a target.

That doesn't fill me with hope either.  Maybe he's playing things down for the press to manage fans expectations of the window?

just looking through paper talk on the sky site

'alan pardew has spoken warmly of the boardroom support he has received during the team's difficult run of results'

i don't even want to see this article, ffs...just shh and just remove the tongue from the rusty hoop alan!

Quite a good analysis that from Skysports. Perhaps not blaming Pardew as harshly as we are, but rather point to the obvious decisions he's getting wrong.

And basically what Parky says. If he tries it again I'll be crying from kick-off.

Please put Demba LW. If he's not happy with it, fuck it and sell him.

It will be an awful match...pardew will play a defensive formation to night

Can you imagine this place if he played defensive football at home to Wigan? :lol: If he does that and we don't win he's fucked.

im totally baffled as to how someone can win manager of the season and then the next season look clueless.

there is just no explanation

Maybe we're exaggerating how bad things are?

???

I find this kind of comment quite unbelievable.

Not only are we not picking up points.

We are playing terrible football.

All the players appear to be out of form, literally every single one.

We are now beginning to pick up injuries leading into our toughest stretch of games. Having completely failed to capitalise on easier fixtures when we had our full team.

Through it all the manager has practically changed nothing, but has instead doggedly stuck to a system of playing that has often not allowed us to take advantage of our strengths as a team.

If Pardew insist on lining up in the way he has done, I really think tonight will be a huge wake up call for some. He'd better not dare go with 4-4-2 tonight.

Think you might have misunderstood a bit. The question was about how he can go from being manager of the year to being 'completely clueless'.

I don't disagree things are bad, I'm just saying it's more likely that he's gone from being manager of the season to a manager who is having a bad spell.

FWIW I agree with you about our system etc, but that also applied last season for quite a lot of the time.

Guest Dontooner

im totally baffled as to how someone can win manager of the season and then the next season look clueless.

Its more like he was overrated by having an one off season. The players did him many flavors last season. Imo we always played long balls or direct crosses, except  for Ben Arfa magic , we were quite poor going forward since Pardew took over.

Its more like he was overrated by having an one off season. The players did him many flavors last season. Imo we always played long balls or direct crosses, except  for Ben Arfa magic , we were quite poor going forward since Pardew took over.

Mmmmmmmm Strawberry :drool:

I don't know about that, we scored some absolutely class goals last season, and produced some brilliant results. We didn't grind it out by hoofing it every week.