Alan Pardew

Dave

Another wretched display to add to the list. I have no idea what we do in training.

We have two teams, one has Anita and Perch at centre back, the other has Shola and Ba is centre forwards.

Just can't work out how we can't transfer this play onto match days.

Guest malandro

HBA back soon leaves two first choice players on the injury list. No EL games for a couple of months. Is AP now out of excuses?

We have two teams, one has Anita and Perch at centre back, the other has Shola and Ba is centre forwards.

That's all that is wrong, you're right Mr Wonder.

That's all that is wrong, you're right Mr Wonder.

Cheer up ffs :lol:

Tonight was fucking dire. Everything about it was pure grim, and it doesn't matter if we were through or not, a second win in a row would have went a good way to helping morale. Also looking back, the group stages were a poor effort, we should have been winning that group. Now we've to face either a group winner or CL drop out in February while also playing the first leg at home. Not good.

I understand he couldn't risk certain players tonight, but the fringe players we had should be capable of going out there and doing a job against a Bordeaux side which also dropped a lot of big players. The team tonight looked void of any game plan or clue, it was literally just a case of showing up.

Another wretched display to add to the list. I have no idea what we do in training.

He probably spends the time drafting his excuses for the week.

:lol:

It is laughable, he uses the same ones anyway.

Tonight just underlined how much he relies on our best players to click to get the results. Doesn't have a fucking clue tactically. Not at all worried by the result, btw, just majorly pissed at this 442 nonsense.

Tonight was f***ing dire. Everything about it was pure grim, and it doesn't matter if we were through or not, a second win in a row would have went a good way to helping morale. Also looking back, the group stages were a poor effort, we should have been winning that group. Now we've to face either a group winner or CL drop out in February while also playing the first leg at home. Not good.

I understand he couldn't risk certain players tonight, but the fringe players we had should be capable of going out there and doing a job against a Bordeaux side which also dropped a lot of big players. The team tonight looked void of any game plan or clue, it was literally just a case of showing up.

We may still have had to face a CL drop out even if we won the group! 1st place in the group faces runner up from other group or 1 of 4 CL drop outs, 2nd place in group faces either winner of other group or one of the other 4 CL drop outs!

He's the only thing that angered me today.

The revert back to 442 and start hoofing is f***ing depressing. It solves nothing. It's horrible to watch. It undermines all but two of our outfield players, in this case Ranger and Shola.

Revert to type,  thats all he does, and his obsession with shoe-horning two lanky strikers in a line-up when he finally decides to play 4-5-1/4-3-3 formations.

i.e tonight again, Shola and Ranger.  before that,

Cisse, Best, Ba, Shola being play outwide..,. why the f*** does he keep doing that?

Would Bobby play, shearer, kluivert, Cort, Ferguson, or any big type of strikers out on the wings?

Would Keegan play, Shearer, Ferdinand, or Cole out wide???

No.

Guest malandro

The disappointing thing was the lack of any recognisable style of play. The young lads should be playing in a way that reflects the future objectives of the club. Their training should be built around a footballing philosophy. We could see a philosophy in Bordeaux's reserve team, we were a mess. 

Tonight was f***ing dire. Everything about it was pure grim, and it doesn't matter if we were through or not, a second win in a row would have went a good way to helping morale. Also looking back, the group stages were a poor effort, we should have been winning that group. Now we've to face either a group winner or CL drop out in February while also playing the first leg at home. Not good.

We may still have had to face a CL drop out even if we won the group! 1st place in the group faces runner up from other group or 1 of 4 CL drop outs, 2nd place in group faces either winner of other group or one of the other 4 CL drop outs!

Yeah but I'd rather face a runner-up/CL drop out than a winner/CL drop out.

Yeah but I'd rather face a runner-up/CL drop out than a winner/CL drop out.

Ah definitely, i thought you were saying we would have missed the CL drop outs had we topped the group.