Alan Pardew

Dave

Mixed bag today imo. We won, but my concerns over the formation are still there, it's just not good for creative football when you've got wingers on the wrong sides.

I also thought he completely ballsed up the last 20 mins by removing HBA and Anita from the right (where all our success came from) just to give Obertan some time. Why? He's shown next to nothing and the game needed Shola.

Don't even want to discuss the free kick tactics in here.

Still massive room for improvement imo, and I do like Pardew.

I agree, sitting in the stands hasn't given him a better view of what's going on during the game.

Got it right today when he switched Perch and Anita, early in the first half.

Aye, though it's stupid that it even needing changing. We should have started like that, was obvious as f***.

True, must be a reason though hes not dim. Probably trying to appease Anita wanting to prove himself in mf & gave him an early chance.

We spent 2/3 of last season trying to find a formation/way of playing that worked.

We struck gold in the few games, played an almost constant formation/line-up and won 6 out of 9.

It's like someone has pressed the reset button and we're trying to find ourselves again. Shouldn't have changed anything.

Don't really know what to get out of his tactics, selections etc. lately. We play like shit but individual skill shines through. He tries to hard to accomodate certain individuals in the team. Strikers aren't working at all, our right hand side can't attack and midfield lacks bite and combativeness. Is he a soft person or is he just tactically inept? It's also big question marks over team fitness and fighting spirit at times. Having a naturally combative tiote is hopefully going to risen that part of the team, but really we need a plan going forward.

He has a point about not being able to train together much, we must be away 2-3 days a week for European football?

I think we could be more fluid with certain changes (4-2-3-1/4-2-1-2) but it's not as guaranteed as some believe.

I do believe we will get better, we have played 5 games this season picking up 8 points and against some good sides. In those games we have had some big players missing/catching up on fitness or form in Krul, Colo, Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote whilst Anita has had to play every game so far in a new team and league (hasn't he?).

No surprise at all why we haven't hit the ground running. Krul, Tiote and Colo are massive misses.

He has a point about not being able to train together much, we must be away 2-3 days a week for European football?

I think we could be more fluid with certain changes (4-2-3-1/4-2-1-2) but it's not as guaranteed as some believe.

I do believe we will get better, we have played 5 games this season picking up 8 points and against some good sides. In those games we have had some big players missing/catching up on fitness or form in Krul, Colo, Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote whilst Anita has had to play every game so far in a new team and league (hasn't he?).

No surprise at all why we haven't hit the ground running. Krul, Tiote and Colo are massive misses.

What about all of the other teams in Europe though? :lol:

What about all of the other teams in Europe though? :lol:

I would argue that none of them have exactly looked at their best.

Tbh the off the ball movement is pissing me off more than the actual system.....

There just seems to be so little options to the player on the ball and then we just end up hoofing it long.

Well that and the the fact the wings are so unbalanced its untrue, Ben Arfa cutting is all good but Jonas cutting inside too and Santon also really restricts the width.