Alan Pardew

Dave

For those of you slagging pardew get a grip. They prepared for having Ba in the team. Its alot easier to just slot ameobi in then moving both him and cisse. Its not his fault Ba has f***ed off at the 11th hour. He may of just benched the c*** but honestly f*** him long term we are better. The game was very unlucky we probably deserved a draw at worst.

Disagree entirely.

Firstly, if Pardew was even remotely surprised that Ba is leaving then he needs his fucking head read, as it's been coming for months. If he failed to factor that into his plans then he deserves a slap.

Secondly, Cisse without preparation is a far better striker than Shola will ever be, even with a whole year's solid rest, preparation, training and instruction.

Thirdly, Cisse is not a winger. Just isn't one. Should never have even been under consideration to play there. Wingers play on the wing, strikers play up front. It's not fucking rocket science. If you have 2 good strikers and no good wingers, one of the strikers goes on the bench. Because I can pretty much assure you that a half-decent winger on the wing will be infinitely more effective than an excellent striker.

For all three of the above reasons, Pardew needs a massive kick in the nutsack.

Blamed Santon on the radio.

f*** off Alan, you small time fraudster.

Seriously? What did he say?

'They had more experience than us and it showed, Santon goes through on goal and if he squares it there we score and get a point.'

Come on man, that's hardly blaming Santon for the overall result, just showing how quickly it could change. And to be fair he's right. Santon was awful tonight (IMO) and we would have got a point if he'd squared it.

Nah, I'm not having that like. He was the only player mentioned by name and he's 1) a young lad 2) playing well this season.

It was an easy excuse, just like it was an easy excuse to blame the kids last time. Where's the criticism of Tiote? Or Shola? Or more importantly himself, he needs to take some responsibility.

I've had it with him now. Results may well improve a bit when we get players back but I'm beyond the point of believing it'll be anything to do with him.

Guest malandro

I know nothing about tactics but it is very hard to explain Shola central and Cisse wide. Best explanation I can come up with is that they had done match preparation in anticipation of playing Ba central, but had to switch at the last minute so he just slotted Shola in to minimize displacement.

Aye Pardew actually admitted to this before the game. He's far too rigid, which makes it even more surprising when half way through the game he starts doing random s**** like subbing on Steve Harper for Ben Arfa and playing him on the shoulder of the last man, or some mental s*** like that.

I'm patenting that change by the way, just so he never ever gets tempted to do it.

Was just about to post that word. Random tactics. Random substitutions. Random excuses. The only consistent thing about AP is his determination to watch his team spend the last twenty minutes of most games honking random punts at a random attack.

When will Pardew have a go at a senior player ffs instead of being a coward and slagging off the younger members of the team?

He hasn't slagged any of our players off for fuck's sake.

Everything's wrong, man. From the ownership down to the rubbish on the subs bench. I'm just supremely p*ssed off that I didn't take the 5th place finish with the pinch of salt it deserved. We're always going backwards while the club is owned by Ashley, managed by Pardew and employing talentless c***s like Shola Ameobi.

Unfortunately, Pardew's as good as we can do under this lot.

Agree.

Except for the 2nd bit. If they can still sign people like Debuchy despite the league position and ridiculous tightfistedness they can get a better manager too.

No self-respecting manager will come anywhere near this lot, man. That's why Harry turned us down and Keegan sacked off. Those that followed were at the bottom of the pile or not even managers at all.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew also said: "we can't hide from it - we're right in it & have to get out of it." Confirms what most already knew - "the combination (Of Ba & Cisse) didn't really work, so I hope we can find someone more suited to Papiss. It's easier said than done in this window."

When will Pardew have a go at a senior player ffs instead of being a coward and slagging off the younger members of the team?

He hasn't slagged any of our players off for f***'s sake.

Aye. Just seemed like the Santon effort was the first half, half chance that popped into his head at the time.

Pardew also said: "we can't hide from it - we're right in it & have to get out of it." Confirms what most already knew - "the combination (Of Ba & Cisse) didn't really work, so I hope we can find someone more suited to Papiss. It's easier said than done in this window."

:lol: FFS.

Then we need to ditch our principles and pay the going rate or arrange a short-term stopgap.  We cannot afford to leave ourselves short this time.

Patience is slowly running out for me.....slowly. I still hope he can turn it around as I honestly can't see what good changing managers will do at the minute (especially in the middle of a transfer window). We need our players back and two or three players in, but he also needs to realise he's been a flipping numpty with Cisse (although I'm pretty sure he'll be down the middle from now on) and the Obertan sub was completely baffling.

He has the next 3 premiership games to show me he can turn this around. If he does, fantastic. If not, we really will have to change something.

I doubt any other manager would have Shola at the club for 2 years and think it would be a good idea to play him in the centre and Cisse on the wing, he should be sacked for that alone.  Shola has the same movement as a corpse and we were crying out for movement in the centre for the entire first half when we were playing quite well.

Our players coming ball might improve our results, if they do it will be in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

I know nothing about tactics but it is very hard to explain Shola central and Cisse wide. Best explanation I can come up with is that they had done match preparation in anticipation of playing Ba central, but had to switch at the last minute so he just slotted Shola in to minimize displacement.

Sounds like the excuse he will use, but in reality he should have had Ba anywhere but the bench tonight, any manager worth a damn wouldn't have based their entire plan around a player ready to leave any day. Apart from that his head isn't going to be in it.

Agreed. As soon as the Chelsea story broke on Sunday, Ba should have been nowhere near the starting XI.

For those of you slagging pardew get a grip. They prepared for having Ba in the team. Its alot easier to just slot ameobi in then moving both him and cisse. Its not his fault Ba has f***ed off at the 11th hour. He may of just benched the c*** but honestly f*** him long term we are better. The game was very unlucky we probably deserved a draw at worst.

This is becoming the new "he was asked."

Then we need to ditch our principles and pay the going rate or arrange a short-term stopgap.  We cannot afford to leave ourselves short this time.

We're so stubborn in every department. The finances, the transfer policy, the team and tactics, set piece plays.

It's going to get us relegated if we don't fucking snap out of it.

Sounds like the excuse he will use, but in reality he should have had Ba anywhere but the bench tonight, any manager worth a damn wouldn't have based their entire plan around a player ready to leave any day. Apart from that his head isn't going to be in it.

Agreed. As soon as the Chelsea story broke on Sunday, Ba should have been nowhere near the starting XI.

He certainly shouldn't have been accommodated as the central striker anymore, that should have been that.

Patience is slowly running out for me.....slowly. I still hope he can turn it around as I honestly can't see what good changing managers will do at the minute (especially in the middle of a transfer window). We need our players back and two or three players in, but he also needs to realise he's been a flipping numpty with Cisse (although I'm pretty sure he'll be down the middle from now on) and the Obertan sub was completely baffling.

He has the next 3 premiership games to show me he can turn this around. If he does, fantastic. If not, we really will have to change something.

I doubt any other manager would have Shola at the club for 2 years and think it would be a good idea to play him in the centre and Cisse on the wing, he should be sacked for that alone.  Shola has the same movement as a corpse and we were crying out for movement in the centre for the entire first half when we were playing quite well.

Our players coming ball might improve our results, if they do it will be in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

THIS.

Honestly, if there's ever a more telling sign to his cluelessness it is his favouritism towards Shola. He wants the big, immobile, talentless lump to play there so we can hoof the bastard thing to him rather than play the £10 million, talented, mobile goalscorer and surround him with the two form wide players in the side.

I can't get over the way he thinks. It's just fucking backwards.

I haven't got that much of a problem with that Santon comment from Pardew FWIW, other than that Santon is quite clearly short of confidence at the moment.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if he took some of the pressure on himself and tried to ease it off the players. As far as I'm concerned if something goes wrong and you've done your job then you have the right to criticise others. He hasn't been doing his job for a long time now. It reeks of Souness.

There's Pardew's (and the clubs) excuse in nice and early, when Ba hasn't been replaced by midnight, Jan 31st.

Is Kuqi still available? :D

Guest Brazilianbob

I was absolutely astonished to come back from a Caribbean holiday last year to find Pardew had been voted manager of the season as we had won so many games despite the managers choice of tactics/formation so his tactics this seaspn smack of a belief that he really thinks he is a good manager.

There's Pardew's (and the clubs) excuse in nice and early, when Ba hasn't been replaced by midnight, Jan 31st.

Is Kuqi still available? :D

Think he is at Oldham now but I think Franny 'fox in a box' Jeffers is on a free

;)