Alan Pardew

Dave

“Our full accompaniment of players hasn’t been enough for a club of this size and we have been tested by injuries and suspensions, as well as the loss of Demba Ba. Some of the teams I’ve put out, in my opinion, haven’t been strong enough for Newcastle. We’re such a well-run club, financially. But we know that we’re going to need to invest in our team. We know that other clubs will.”

“I don’t think we have one of the weakest squads, but our squad is too weak,” added Pardew. “I’m being realistic.

“I’m not trying to say we’re a great team, that we’re going to cruise through the second half of the season because in my experience that won’t happen. We’re going to have to battle down there and it’s about time we realised we’re going to have to battle.”

:(

"There are better teams than the one I manage who have gone down. It's a six‑pointer against Reading, we can't hide from that. If we don't match their fight, we don't win. I think we shouldn't be lost to the fact that we could be relegated."

He should resign if we don't win. Hopefully the crowd will turn on him if we don't, its got to get nasty soon, this joker has had it far too easy.

A win and we stagger on.

Absolutely shocking comments from Pardew. What the fuck is he playing at? What sort of mentality will those types of comments/behaviour put our players in to before a match. We should be focusing on what we need to start doing. We've got cabaye back and debuchy in for Simpson. He should be telling us/them were too good to go down and were going to start attacking teams with the quality we have already, especially against the likes of fucking reading at home.

"There are better teams than the one I manage who have gone down. It's a six‑pointer against Reading, we can't hide from that. If we don't match their fight, we don't win. I think we shouldn't be lost to the fact that we could be relegated."

I know its supposed to be stirring rhetoric but stuff like this winds me up. Too much talk of magic, fight, spirit, running faster, stepping up. I wish he would reflect this in his actual approach.

Great piece on nufc.com agreed. Really well put.

To be fair as they say in that article if I hear Pardew say after the window shuts "tough to get players over the line" or "the return of injured players is like new signings" :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Already done...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8389143/Yohan-Cabaye-may-be-on-the-Newcastle-bench-at-Carrow-Road-this-weekend

“Our full accompaniment of players hasn’t been enough for a club of this size and we have been tested by injuries and suspensions, as well as the loss of Demba Ba. Some of the teams I’ve put out, in my opinion, haven’t been strong enough for Newcastle. We’re such a well-run club, financially. But we know that we’re going to need to invest in our team. We know that other clubs will.”

“I don’t think we have one of the weakest squads, but our squad is too weak,” added Pardew. “I’m being realistic.

“I’m not trying to say we’re a great team, that we’re going to cruise through the second half of the season because in my experience that won’t happen. We’re going to have to battle down there and it’s about time we realised we’re going to have to battle.”

He's lost it. Completely lost the handle on the situation and he's the main barrier towards staying up.

Sooner he goes the better imo.

Absolutely shocking comments from Pardew. What the fuck is he playing at? What sort of mentality will those types of comments/behaviour put our players in to before a match. We should be focusing on what we need to start doing. We've got cabaye back and debuchy in for Simpson. He should be telling us/them were too good to go down and were going to start attacking teams with the quality we have already, especially against the likes of fucking reading at home.

It just confirms he has no faith in what he's doing. He hasn't got a fucking clue, so we'll end up seeing the shite that we did at Norwich because that's how teams at the bottom of the league fight to get points.

Get rid

Bloody hell. That's filled me with rage, that. Hardly inspiring your side with confidence going into a big game, is it? That's a despicable comment, frankly. Fucking bin this absolute cretin whilst we've a fighting chance.

Him and Keegan's mindsets are just polar opposites. He'd never be this negative about anything. Plus Keegan would have quit long before now ffs.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Even when Keegan came for his second stint he was full of confidence and refused to let the player resort to defensive football. In fact he insisted they spray the ball around and he would take full responsibilty for results.

Don't buy this fight bs. It's a football match. We have better players than reading, go out and play against inferior opposition and take it to them.

We're always the underdogs man, always.  That goes for anything Pardew says and anything the daft cunts running the show display, both actions and words.

The thing is that you can say what you like about him losing it (I'm putting my personal feelings aside for a sec), but the fact that most of his media quotes are made to try to influence Ashley and Llambias is just so transparent it's untrue.  Not sure how anyone can deny that tbh, it's totally obvious.

So basically he signed up under the agreement he'd be their puppet and now things aren't going too well he's getting desperate and trying to save his own skin/reputation.

Very true, in his experience he usually gets sacked.

What a fucking joke

The thing is that you can say what you like about him losing it (I'm putting my personal feelings aside for a sec), but the fact that most of his media quotes are made to try to influence Ashley and Llambias is just so transparent it's untrue.  Not sure how anyone can deny that tbh, it's totally obvious.

So basically he signed up under the agreement he'd be their puppet and now things aren't going too well he's getting desperate and trying to save his own skin/reputation.

Yep. I'm utterly convinced that this is simply Pardew trying to absolve himself from blame ahead of the transfers we need failing to materialise. As the .com piece says, people will turn on the him and the club if signings aren't made and we continue to struggle. He's absolutely right about our lack of quality and depth, but a poor workman blames his tools...

He's lost it. Completely lost the handle on the situation and he's the main barrier towards staying up.

Sooner he goes the better imo.

Agree. These kinds of thoughts should remain private. Coming upto a really important game it is much wiser to talk positive and focus on strong points. Football players minds are very vulernable to bad vibes...Very superstitious bunch.