Alan Pardew

Dave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21102594

Blames the fans for negativity around the stadium. His audacity knows no bounds.

I thought at the time that the fans' reaction would be harmful to the team, I think that's fair comment. It's the double-edged sword of SJP.

Obviously it's not an excuse, but it's a factor.

Troll. On ignore now. Bye.

Who is being a troll?

Aye, it's just a different perspective depending which side of the fence you sit.

Bit harsh to call him a troll

Blames the fans for negativity around the stadium. His audacity knows no bounds.

I thought at the time that the fans' reaction would be harmful to the team, I think that's fair comment. It's the double-edged sword of SJP.

It was a negative reaction to a negative action by the manager, did he expect to hear applause?

No, of course not, I was raging as well. I'm just saying that SJP can be a hard place to play when things aren't going for you.

Things were going fine when Marveaux went off though. It was the manager's ludicrous decision that kicked things off.

I know, I know. Wish I hadn't bothered saying anything now.

The fans reaction was totally understandable, I'm just saying that Pardew has a point when he says the atmosphere became a bit negative.

It was a negative reaction to a negative action by the manager, did he expect to hear applause?

No, of course not, I was raging as well. I'm just saying that SJP can be a hard place to play when things aren't going for you.

Things were going fine when Marveaux went off though. It was the manager's ludicrous decision that kicked things off.

If anything, sub the guy who has just come back from injury and you had it planned all along to take the guy off arond 70 mins.

Makes absolutely no sense.  Stupidity.

So frustrated at the amount of people that peddle the 'he's got it tough' bullshit. My mate earlier used 'injury crisis, 'restricted by Ashley', 'European football', '5th last season', 'end of season least he deserves', 'Di Matteo and Adkins, want it to be like that?'. Just fuck off.

Guest neesy111

Him resigning is even less likely than him being sacked.

Word.

TBF I don't think there's any reason for him to resign. If he has pride in his work then he'll want to put it right.

His subs today prove to me he wants the sack

I can't think of many other explanations for them TBF.

:thup:

Who is being a troll?

Aye, it's just a different perspective depending which side of the fence you sit.

As if it's just this one occasion :lol:

Who is being a troll?

Jack, you are getting on my tits.

Everyone else, I know he won't see this because he's ignoring me. Chuckle.

The fans reaction was totally understandable, I'm just saying that Pardew has a point when he says the atmosphere became a bit negative.

He's talking bat shit man, he created the situation.  If his comments were in context and he'd said he'd created the situation instead of blaming the fans then I might agree with him.

"everyone goin on about pardew should be sacked. what good would that actually do????? if anything all abuse should be aimed at ashley who needs to get his hand in his pocket asap!!"

Got to love Facebook.

Heres one ive seen,

"Everything ain't pardews fault and you have these fans that go on like it is. Use go to about 5 games a season. You can't just blame 1 person!!"

He's talking bat shit man, he created the situation.  If his comments were in context and he'd said he'd created the situation instead of blaming the fans then I might agree with him.

Fair play. FWIW I don't think he's blaming the fans for the result, the interviewer pursues the line about making it clear that Cabaye was injured.

I know he created the situation basically, I've said many times the subs were mental. Weird how I have to repeat my criticisms many times but my positive posts are remembered by absolutely everyone.

Who is being a troll?

I can't remember how to even do it tbh. I'm just not interested in hearing your constant excuses any more.

Shit manager makes shit decisions and the crowd turn negative. Funny that.

Who is being a troll?

True, but that is his opinion. He's not a troll by sticking to his guns

Well that seems excessive.

I've always thought the abuse Pardew has got on here has been OTT, but today has pushed me over the edge, his decisions today cost us all 3 points, he panicked and tried to protect a 1-0 lead against Reading despite no real pressure untill he invited it on himself.

To come out and blame the fans is beyond belief though, I've spend £40 on train travel to be there today, another £40 on a ticket to Villa away, trudged through ankle deep snow and still sang 'Alan Pardew's

Black and white army', he has no right to blame fans who are annoyed when our only creative outlets are taken off.

Who is being a troll?

I can't remember how to even do it tbh. I'm just not interested in hearing your constant excuses any more.

Shit manager makes shit decisions and the crowd turn negative. Funny that.

I said it was his fault the crowd turned negative, I was screaming at the screen myself. FFS.

It must just be any argument with any subtlety whatsoever is ignored.

No doubt but i think a lot of the negativity was caused by the manager and directed towards him because of his negativity rather than the players.

I don't think we should get rid.

This season has been unprecedented in terms of injuries.

The people who should be looking at themselves are people like Ashley, Llambias and Charnley for not getting players "over the line" in the summer and now.

Which seemingly would make no difference as Pardew with f*** it up with ridiculous tactics and mind boggling substitutions.

Today tactics were shite, no getting away from that. But with adequate players brought into the squad we could have adapted within the game and seen it out.

Quality of subs available let us down today.

I've always thought the abuse Pardew has got on here has been OTT, but today has pushed me over the edge, his decisions today cost us all 3 points, he panicked and tried to protect a 1-0 lead against Reading despite no real pressure untill he invited it on himself.

To come out and blame the fans is beyond belief though, I've spend £40 on train travel to be there today, another £40 on a ticket to Villa away, trudged through ankle deep snow and still sang 'Alan Pardew's

Black and white army', he has no right to blame fans who are annoyed when our only creative outlets are taken off.

He never really got abuse though, most of the critics backed up their reasoning with very valid points.

Pardew says he told the side to keep playing in the second half exactly as they'd played in the first. I assume this included passing football and attacking Reading, so either:

a. He's lying, or;

b. The players just didn't listen and decided to go defensive themselves.

Which is worse? :undecided:

No doubt but i think a lot of the negativity was caused by the manager and directed towards him because of his negativity rather than the players.

Totally agree, all I was trying to say was that the negative atmosphere can be hard to play in. The fans aren't to blame for the defeat obviously, but I doubt he was saying that.

I don't think we should get rid.

This season has been unprecedented in terms of injuries.

The people who should be looking at themselves are people like Ashley, Llambias and Charnley for not getting players "over the line" in the summer and now.

Which seemingly would make no difference as Pardew with f*** it up with ridiculous tactics and mind boggling substitutions.

Today tactics were shite, no getting away from that. But with adequate players brought into the squad we could have adapted within the game and seen it out.

Quality of subs available let us down today.

Well here's an idea. If your subs aren't that good then leave the quality players on.