Alan Pardew

Dave

We do have to "do" Fulham (which is usually easier said than done for us).

But for the torch and pitchfork brigade, I really don't know how you can "have a go" at the reigning champions when you're missing three of your first choice back four, your first reserve fullback, your first choice keeper (although Elliot's done nowt wrong) your first choice DM and your best "threat" player. That's half a team right there.

He's not going anywhere, if next season starts poorly, different ballgame. As for the "it follows the pattern of his career", no-one's stuck with him to see what happens next in "the pattern", we are going to, may as well get used to it.

I've said it before, if it was up to this forum,you all would have had Fergie and Moyes sacked in their 3rd years.

It's not just yesterday's non-performance though, it's the cuumulative effect of the rank, turgid non-football that we've played this season and three quarters of last season.  No doubts you'll have come back with 'injuries, can't play his first 11' etc, but when we've played against the alleged 'lower' clubs with less talent available we've still looked shit, home and away.  The players that we've brought in in January look shadows of the guys that made their debuts as well - is that due to being found out or down to the coaching at the club.

Toon Pack wants us to lose all our games from here on in.

Easy game, this.

Give me a name, who's the realistic and sure fire upgrade on Pardew ???

P.S. No I don't, I just want "balance" not the apparently rampant "I want it NOW or I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick" bollocks that follows EVERY loss, no matter what the circumstances.

i've been very consistent in my opinion of pardew for a long time thanks, individual defeats don't change that

what annoys me consistently is yesterday i could only watch the 2nd half on delay, when the screen flashed up and we were 2-0 down there was no surprise from me, in fact i was surprised it wasn't more by then, that's where we are under pardew mate

we couldn't realistically expect anything out of that game yesterday but some fight and pride, did we show enough of either?  not for me

Toon Pack wants us to lose all our games from here on in.

Easy game, this.

Give me a name, who's the realistic and sure fire upgrade on Pardew ???

P.S. No I don't, I just want "balance" not the apparently rampant "I want it NOW or I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick" bollocks that follows EVERY loss, no matter what the circumstances.

i've been very consistent in my opinion of pardew for a long time thanks, individual defeats don't change that

what annoys me consistently is yesterday i could only watch the 2nd half on delay, when the screen flashed up and we were 2-0 down there was no surprise from me, in fact i was surprised it wasn't more by then, that's where we are under pardew mate

we couldn't realistically expect anything out of that game yesterday but some fight and pride, did we show enough of either?  not for me

Your opinion could be right, but I'm prepared to give him more time and see if the manager can grow into the role over time. Trying the S word (stability).

The thing is, we are not shit, the latter 70's and the 80's were all but unrelenting shit. Since Keegan, as manager first time, with a brief hiatus with SBR we've been poor for decades, currently we are nowhere near as poor as we have been (in my 40 odd years of watching this shower) though and, as such, I am remarkably "chilled" about the whole thing.

Even in our worst performances I've seen sparks of decent football trying to escape, a good move here and there etc. I'm prepared to wait to see if the sparks ignite further. For those who KK's management/team was what they were brought up on/first hooked on (like my sons), those poor fuckers have no chance at "balance".

It's not. At all. But, I don't think you'll find many who'd disagree.

It is what it is, and today hasn't changed that. My position is well known, but he still gets next year for me. One season of supposed massive over performance, one of massive under performance. I'd like to see what the mean is before a decision is made.

His CV suggests that last season wasn't the norm, why should we go through another season like this one to find out what we already know?

I don't care about his CV, mate. I'll make my own judgement.

I find that pretty staggering to be honest.

It is what it is, and today hasn't changed that. My position is well known, but he still gets next year for me. One season of supposed massive over performance, one of massive under performance. I'd like to see what the mean is before a decision is made.

His CV suggests that last season wasn't the norm, why should we go through another season like this one to find out what we already know?

Bit like saying "North Korea are threatening nuclear war!"

"Don't worry mate, it's par for the course for them."

"I don't care about anything that happened before I last had a steak.  I'll make my own judgement."

:lol:

the natives are restless and want a sacrifice.

I dont know why Im getting involved, as changing managers often has proven to be such a recipe for success at this club, why on earth would we try another approach. Just take the 08/09 season how many managers did we have?- It was lush.

:fishing:

Guest icemanblue

Again with the dragging up posts. :lol:

It may be surprising, but, 'staggering'? Is every manager doomed to repeat their previous failings for eternity? As I said in a later post, it's not as if I'm blindly ignoring it, I'd just rather see what happens here, before making my own judgements.

He's not going to get sacked now or the summer IMO.

Really needs to be a big overhaul inside the club over the summer though, take a good hard look at coaching, fitness, conditioning, tactics, everything. Can't afford another season like this one.

He's not going to get sacked now or the summer IMO.

Really needs to be a big overhaul inside the club over the summer though, take a good hard look at coaching, fitness, conditioning, tactics, everything. Can't afford another season like this one.

:thup: i wouldn't hold my breath though.

Again with the dragging up posts. :lol:

It may be surprising, but, 'staggering'? Is every manager doomed to repeat their previous failings for eternity? As I said in a later post, it's not as if I'm blindly ignoring it, I'd just rather see what happens here, before making my own judgements.

there would be some logic to that had pardew shown the slightest, slightest sign that he knew what he was doing this season

The thing is, we are not s***, the latter 70's and the 80's were all but unrelenting s***.

right, have s*** players get s*** teams

currently we have good playrers got s*** team

do the math

We at times had good players and were s***, we really are NOT that s*** and we rarely have had all our good players on the park - like yesterday, 50% of them missing.

No point aruguing tbh, time will tell if one of us is "right", in fact I don't care about being right, I just want the club to do well and from where I'm sat, with everything that's gone before, I'm prepared to be patient.

For what it's worth I don't think we should sack him now as I believe we'll be ok this season, but if it were possible (not that i think it will happen) i'd part ways with Pardew in the summer. I'm all for stability if we are actually heading in the right direction, but my god I've never been so bored watching us in all my life than i have this season.. (norwich away for example pissed me right off because it was norwich yet we played like we did v city yesterday). I'm not sure what people are expecting to happen next season that will be different to this, you'd think after as long as he's been here there would be signs of a style implemented, some cohesion and movement improvements maybe not the finished article but improvements, but it's quite clear that when we have the ball our players haven't a clue what to do next, I mean cisse much get the shitest service of any striker in the league. I mean I'm not asking us to become Barcelona, but if you look throughout the leagues in Europe there are a lot of teams that play better football than us with inferior players. I also don't buy this thing that if we are missing a few players it means we automatically have to play shit, the whole point of having a squad is for the manager to use them in an effective manner but ours seem completely incapable of this and just blames the performance on the fact we have like 2 players injured.

Guest Dontooner

Kind of defaming to post this but well:

http://www.cominghomenewcastle.com/2013/3/31/4166520/exclusive-alan-pardews-manchester-city-tactic-book-revealed

Its good that more people are seeing the true light, there is in fact only one right answer and we will see who would be proven correct.

For consistent results you need performances, grinding will never get you far enough. He is not a good manager, we can easily do better tbh because he is imo bottom of the barrel when it comes to tactics.

For what it's worth I don't think we should sack him now as I believe we'll be ok this season, but if it were possible (not that i think it will happen) i'd part ways with Pardew in the summer. I'm all for stability if we are actually heading in the right direction, but my god I've never been so bored watching us in all my life than i have this season.. (norwich away for example pissed me right off because it was norwich yet we played like we did v city yesterday). I'm not sure what people are expecting to happen next season that will be different to this, you'd think after as long as he's been here there would be signs of a style implemented, some cohesion and movement improvements maybe not the finished article but improvements, but it's quite clear that when we have the ball our players haven't a clue what to do next, I mean cisse much get the shitest service of any striker in the league. I mean I'm not asking us to become Barcelona, but if you look throughout the leagues in Europe there are a lot of teams that play better football than us with inferior players. I also don't buy this thing that if we are missing a few players it means we automatically have to play shit, the whole point of having a squad is for the manager to use them in an effective manner but ours seem completely incapable of this and just blames the performance on the fact we have like 2 players injured.

Did someone mention Norwich?!

Ronaldo in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Guest Dontooner

There were those who said give him time to build his own team, think that time had come and gone. Personally, we still play horrible football its not the players ffs its the brain, just too low in capacity.

There were those who said give him time to build his own team, think that time had come and gone. Personally, we still play horrible football its not the players ffs its the brain, just too low in capacity.

he had 7 games is it? with his signings and 100% home record.

What I really don't get is how the players always seem to have such glowing praise for him. He may be a brilliant man-manager and speak to them all individually like a second Dad but don't they notice on the field of play that it's his instructions that have them so ineffective?

The players all loved Dalglish when he was in charge - one of the best NE sports writers told me that, and he hated the guy as we was difficult for the media to deal with...

Didn't stop the club firing him, and things weren't as bad under Dalglish as they are under Pardew now...

Guest Dontooner

Is that meant to be a joke?Has he being here for what 6 months? He made his team and build the tactics around those players. Jonas , Ryan taylor and such.

Btw 7 games ain't a short time tbh, i doubt we would have better performances till the end of the year. We have only being showing Poor performances not sure in which part of his tenure,have you seen good performances.

Seriously considering the low standard with some, therel must have been only a hand full of them since Pardew's Arrival his winning loosing stats alone paint a very real picture. Delusional.

he had 7 games is it? with his signings and 100% home record.

pardew's fucking bollocks like cp40 :lol:

He has to go for me.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt when the new signings rolled in as our remaining squad all seemed to be in a slump, but it seems the virus has spread.

You don't know at what level a player follows his managers instructions, but if it's to the letter then we're sinking fast.  We seem so disjointed it's shocking. What do they actually work on in training?

Other teams with a weaker squad on paper always seem to play as a team and have a go. He's gone twin turboshit in my eyes.

Guest neesy111

He is going nowhere because he is the ultimate YES man & will spout any shite the club ask him to.

Sadly this is close to the truth.