Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Whatever formation you play you can still play football on the floor. Thats my problem with Pardew at the moment, too much hoy it forward.

Even those people fully behind everything Pardew does and says must wonder to themselves why the formation with Cisse up top and Ba on the left which gave us, what, six straight wins, has not been tried once this season? No?

Am I a total idiot for thinking we should try Cisse on the left?  Let Ba have his central role while he's scoring goals and have everyone but Cisse playing in positions that get the best out of them.  And who knows with Cisse, he might do OK out there.

Even those people fully behind everything Pardew does and says must wonder to themselves why the formation with Cisse up top and Ba on the left which gave us, what, six straight wins, has not been tried once this season? No?

Am I a total idiot for thinking we should try Cisse on the left?  Let Ba have his central role while he's scoring goals and have everyone but Cisse playing in positions that get the best out of them.  And who knows with Cisse, he might do OK out there.

Definitely wouldn't be against giving this a try, not that I think we will.

Who would you say he plays on the wrong side like?

Ben Arfa, Gutierrez and Santon today. That's 3/4 of our wide players. Only Simpson will be on his best side and he's terrified of a football so is no use whatsoever going forward.

OK, Ben Arfa's so bloody talented that it's largely irrelevant for him, but as a team game it's f***ing s*** to have so many players on the wrong side. There's no service to the strikers as nobody can beat a man on the outside and get a cross in. Every single time they'll have to stop, check back, and play an inswinging cross in with their stronger foot that will be cleared easily by the defenders who've had time to compose themselves and are facing away from goal.

We're completely negating our strikers, wingers and fullbacks effectiveness by doing this, and we do it every bloody week.

Under a 4-3-3 its different, as the 2 wide men play as auxiliary strikers rather than wingers, so I can see the logic of having people on the wrong sides there. But not in a 4-4-2, it's utter dogshit.

Mehh, the only thing that's a problem is Jonas and Santon on the same side because the constant checking back totally slows our attacks. Santon and Ben Arfa both look fine to me on their respective sides and Jonas doesn't deliver any end product on either foot anyway.

Ben Arfa, Gutierrez and Santon today. That's 3/4 of our wide players. Only Simpson will be on his best side and he's terrified of a football so is no use whatsoever going forward.

OK, Ben Arfa's so bloody talented that it's largely irrelevant for him, but as a team game it's f***ing s*** to have so many players on the wrong side. There's no service to the strikers as nobody can beat a man on the outside and get a cross in. Every single time they'll have to stop, check back, and play an inswinging cross in with their stronger foot that will be cleared easily by the defenders who've had time to compose themselves and are facing away from goal.

We're completely negating our strikers, wingers and fullbacks effectiveness by doing this, and we do it every bloody week.

Under a 4-3-3 its different, as the 2 wide men play as auxiliary strikers rather than wingers, so I can see the logic of having people on the wrong sides there. But not in a 4-4-2, it's utter dogshit.

Mehh, the only thing that's a problem is Jonas and Santon on the same side because the constant checking back totally slows our attacks. Santon and Ben Arfa both look fine to me on their respective sides and Jonas doesn't deliver any end product on either foot anyway.

Chris_R is right. If you can't see that the complete imbalance of the side isn't (arguable the) major problem with us this season, then i don't know what you've been watching.

OK, Ben Arfa's so bloody talented that it's largely irrelevant for him, but as a team game it's fucking shit to have so many players on the wrong side. There's no service to the strikers as nobody can beat a man on the outside and get a cross in. Every single time they'll have to stop, check back, and play an inswinging cross in with their stronger foot that will be cleared easily by the defenders who've had time to compose themselves and are facing away from goal.

Smashing.

To anyone still not convinced about why we need people on their correct sides, ask yourself what your favourite period of watching Newcastle play 4-4-2 was. It'll almost certainly (Unless you're 10 years old or stark raving mad) be Keegan or Robson's tenures.

And the wide players then? Well Bobby had Robert and Solano backed by Bernard and Griffin respectively, while Keegan had Ginola and Gillespie with Beresford and Venison bombing past them on the flanks. And you know what? IT FUCKING WORKS. Brilliantly.

Was anyone suggesting that Robert play on the right or Solano or Gillespie on the left? Or swap the fullbacks round? No? Because it would have been crazy, and completely negated their effectiveness and the team as a whole would have suffered. Our strikers especially would have been starved of effective service.

Chris_R is right. If you can't see that the complete imbalance of the side isn't (arguable the) major problem with us this season, then i don't know what you've been watching.

I didn't dispute that we look imblanced, it's just ive got more of a problem with the system. We should be playing 4-3-3 with Jonas in the middle. The spell we played that was when we looked best under Pardew.

So today it's 4-5-1 with Shola wide right? I fucking despair.

See, I can't call it a 4-3-3 as that's when the wide players are on the opposite sides and can cut in and shoot. Instead we've got a right-footed Shola on the right side, and a left footed HBA on the left. And only Ba up front. So Shola and Benny will be nicely placed to beat their man and get a cross in (Yeah, I know, Shola.) but they only have Demba Ba to aim at. At home. Against West Brom.

If we win it will be despite Pardew, not because of him.

(Having laughed at Shola's wing play potential, he's just put a peach of a cross onto Demba's head. :D)

Have we already lost today like? :lol:

If we lose he deserves everything though. Same as if Shola has a blinder he deserves the credit.

If we lose he will have fucked up badly.

If we drew we would have won with the 4-3-3.

If we win it would have been a lot more comfortable if we played 4-3-3.

:lol:

This never happens, if we play well and win he'll be given the credit he deserves, like always.

So today it's 4-5-1 with Shola wide right? I fucking despair.

See, I can't call it a 4-3-3 as that's when the wide players are on the opposite sides and can cut in and shoot. Instead we've got a right-footed Shola on the right side, and a left footed HBA on the left. And only Ba up front. So Shola and Benny will be nicely placed to beat their man and get a cross in (Yeah, I know, Shola.) but they only have Demba Ba to aim at. At home. Against West Brom.

If we win it will be despite Pardew, not because of him.

(Having laughed at Shola's wing play potential, he's just put a peach of a cross onto Demba's head. :D)

Close enough?

Heard it quite a bit last season too.

^He's still right about it being more like a 4-5-1 than 4-3-3 though.

With Shola at the wing... only on the pitch because he is better than Cissé at flick ons. better than I thought it would be though.