Alan Pardew

Dave

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was s*** from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

You've been burying your head in the sand for months. Firstly by saying in the relegation thread that we are/were a certainty not to go down. Secondly by using positive results despite the performance to talk down to people who could see that the poor performances would eventually lead us to the relegation battle we haven't been able to really get out if since December.

We shouldn't be fighting and childishly score pointless points from each other though. Our club is called Newcastle United. At the minute, we are anything but.

:clap:

We had our arses handed to us on a plate by the mackems 24 hours ago and people still defend him, its madness.

Aye but lets face it, been shit all season.  We had it coming from them.  Never in the world should that team be beating the "purple team" we put out so easily.

Shock results can happen but that was an utter no show from us, the guy has ran out of excuses and did so a long time ago.

The delusion on some people defending him is just crazy talk, stats don't lie.  Its garbage.

I don't dislike the bloke and I know a lot do.

He's just out of his depth.

I think this is general consensus here. He's a likeable guy, he's just not a good enough manager for us if we want to challenge for Europe every season or at least top half.

I think this is general consensus here. He's a likeable guy, he's just not a good enough manager for us if we want to challenge for Europe every season for at least top half.

Yep. Though I am starting to dislike him on a personal level for his refusal to hold his hands up.

Guest palnese

I think this is general consensus here. He's a likeable guy, he's just not a good enough manager for us if we want to challenge for Europe every season for at least top half.

Don't agree at all. He's a smug, arrogant turbocunt. He's full of himself and clearly loves his own voice. I hate everything about him - the manager and the person.

Don't agree at all. He's a smug, arrogant turbocunt. He's full of himself and clearly loves his own voice. I hate everything about him - the manager and the person.

That's your opinion, but the consensus I think is still that he's a likeable guy although that might have changed after this last week.

Guest Roger Kint

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

What 'head in the sand mentality' is that, man? What, from what I've said there, gives that indication?

People keep banging on about it's the player's fault, when it's clear as day that the team has no direction. That to me is head in the sand mentality.

No, people don't 'keep banging on about it's the players fault', at all. People are, rightly, saying that the players deserve some of the blame for yesterday, as well as the manager. If anything, that's the opposite of burying their heads in the sand.

Correct.

People's expectations of what the squad is capable of is way too high imo.

You keep saying this but you never back it up, how high are our expectations?

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

I honestly believe it's between 10th-12th.

Points wise we should be far higher than what we are now.

Do you think top 8 is laughable on any other basis other than how many goals we score? If not, can I ask you a question?

Aside from the ability to finish, what does a player need to score a goal?

Even though its unlikely given our away record we could be 5 points from 8th this time next week even after this abortion of a season. Its certainly not over rating the players to say we should be thereabouts, to call that laughable is pretty stupid but hey it is neesy after all.

Likable is definitely not an adjective you'd find many football fans using to describe Pardew.

No, but Newcastle fans like the passion he has shown on the touchline at times no? At least this was what everyone was suggesting after the Benfica game. Things might have turned after yesterday though.

Hopefully the players go above him and voice their concerns to Ashley or whoever and they make the right decision (no not sell all of our decent players). 

Cabaye and Cisse in particular seem throroughly pissed off.  Colo, our captain, can't wait to fuck off for whatever reason.  Although there was the spat with Pardew and all the rumours that followed.  The new lads look frustrated and have gradually got worse since they've been here.  Surely they must be fed up of his kick and run tactics as well?  You'd like to hope so anyway.  But then they might just be happy picking up their pay cheque and getting on with it.  They might even really enjoy playing for him  :shifty:

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Some people say top 7-8 which is laughable as the team has 1 goalscorer in double figures.

Do you think top 8 is laughable on any other basis other than how many goals we score? If not, can I ask you a question?

Obviously players need service for goals.

I honestly don't think there's enough goals in the team and I think the squad is overrated.  I personally don't think Cabaye is all their , Tiote I've said for months is a joke, Santon isn't a full back.

Yes the service is crap but the amount of times there isn't anyone else in the box apart from Cisse is a joke, players need to take initiative when on the field.

I was hugely impressed with Di Canio's interview after the game, he was talking about how he told his team to press high and get bodies in our half whenever possible and basically just telling them to go all out for the win. Even urging them forward for a fourth when they went 3-0 up.

I'm not saying every single game should be approached in Keegan style all out attacking, but this is what Pardew needs to realise, we have quality in abundance in midfield and a striker, who will score if given enough service.

There are absolutely no signs of this improving because in his mind I don't think there is a problem, his ego is so big that he just deflects the blame onto everything else and it can't possibly be him...Linesman, ref, fatigue, youth players, you name it, he won't take a shred of the blame, and here lies the problem as far as I'm concerned, hes both unwilling and incapable of changing for the better.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

I honestly don't think there's enough goals in the team and I think the squad is overrated.  I personally don't think Cabaye is all their , Tiote I've said for months is a joke, Santon isn't a full back.

Yes the service is crap but the amount of times there isn't anyone else in the box apart from Cisse is a joke, players need to take initiative when on the field.

Service implies strikers, you're complaining about the fact that the only person who scores is a striker.

We need to be creating chances, as a team, for anyone.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

Service implies strikers, you're complaining about the fact that the only person who scores is a striker.

The midfield has to contribute far more than what it is and has to when we play 1 upfront.

Absolutely.

Set pieces.

Correct.

The midfield has to contribute far more than what it is and has to when we play 1 upfront.

Contribute what?