Alan Pardew

Dave

Hope he owns up to his s*** tactics.

He'll say WBA are a good side who worked hard that we're tired from Euro and no preperation and our 'spirit' got us through. There will be absolutely no mention of tactics.

ive heard him say that, about not having enough prep for sunday games, really?

last two europa league games were at home, not like we had to travel far and the following sundays were both shite performances

Remember, there were times when Sir Alex Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at Man Utd. Keep Pardew, keep stability. We'll get on our run this season, at least it was 4-3-3 at times today.

No, it was 4-5-1 because to be effective in a 4-3-3 you need players on the opposite flanks to their strongest foot.

To play 4-4-2, you need players on the same flank as their strongest foot.

this is not true

He'll say WBA are a good side who worked hard that we're tired from Euro and no preperation and our 'spirit' got us through. There will be absolutely no mention of tactics.

last two europa league games were at home, not like we had to travel far and the following sundays were both shite performances

yes but from his pov where last year he had normally a week to fully prepare the side and plenty of articles where he had plenty of analysis of the opposition in training and drilled it into the players, compare that to 1 day of proper training (rest days after matchs are par for the course) and it is a different proposition regardless of players being rested

Guest Dontooner

Holy f***, Jayson disagreeing with the vast, vast majority.

You honestly agree with a statement saying Pardews now a joke? Im bloody sad if thats now our fans viewpoint after a poor start. And people were amazed hes our 3rd longest serving manager in recent times  :lol: Whats amazing about it?

I'm not arguing with someone who doesn't appear to have eyes.

Eh? How is that reply relevant to writing off a manager due to a run of poor performances after a season of results? Class reply.

You have a track record of completely disregarding what every f***er is seeing on the pitch, that's what I'm getting at.  What did you think of today's performance?

Come on Jayson doesnt care or understand what has being played, he is just happy we won it. It blatantly obviously how some discuss on the tactical side of the game and seem so dim about it.

Remember, there were times when Sir Alex Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at Man Utd. Keep Pardew, keep stability. We'll get on our run this season, at least it was 4-3-3 at times today.

No, it was 4-5-1 because to be effective in a 4-3-3 you need players on the opposite flanks to their strongest foot.

this is not true

Really? Give me some examples of teams that have made it work with players on the wrong flanks in a 4-4-2 or the right flanks (so to speak) in a 4-3-3. I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong, but all the evidence I've seen so far (Not just at Newcastle) indicates that some things work and some simply don't.

last two europa league games were at home, not like we had to travel far and the following sundays were both s**** performances

yes but from his pov where last year he had normally a week to fully prepare the side and plenty of articles where he had plenty of analysis of the opposition in training and drilled it into the players, compare that to 1 day of proper training (rest days after matchs are par for the course) and it is a different proposition regardless of players being rested

yeh but what, bullsh1t,

you telling me we never played on a wednesday and then a saturday in the same week?

You honestly agree with a statement saying Pardews now a joke? Im bloody sad if thats now our fans viewpoint after a poor start. And people were amazed hes our 3rd longest serving manager in recent times  :lol: Whats amazing about it?

Eh? How is that reply relevant to writing off a manager due to a run of poor performances after a season of results? Class reply.

You have a track record of completely disregarding what every f***er is seeing on the pitch, that's what I'm getting at.  What did you think of today's performance?

When have i done that? Ive mainly just argued towards people keeping faith in Pardew/Our transfer policy as most have been losing that. After our previous ability to turn over managers, i just want some continuity & people to stay behind what we're doing. Today we were decent first half & poor the 2nd. Jonas isnt turning up, Cabaye isnt influential enough & Ameobi had key moments but was poor outside of them. We dont look fluid atall, obviously i want that sorted like everyone does.

last two europa league games were at home, not like we had to travel far and the following sundays were both s**** performances

yeh but what, bullsh1t,

you telling me we never played on a wednesday and then a saturday in the same week?

we did but not as regularly, I do think it actually takes a bit of getting used to the routine of playing most midweeks compared to the occasional one. 

When have i done that? Ive mainly just argued towards people keeping faith in Pardew/Our transfer policy as most have been losing that. After our previous ability to turn over managers, i just want some continuity & people to stay behind what we're doing. Today we were decent first half & poor the 2nd. Jonas isnt turning up, Cabaye isnt influential enough & Ameobi had key moments but was poor outside of them. We dont look fluid atall, obviously i want that sorted like everyone does.

And it's nothing to do with the manager?  Players do what they're told, on the whole.

He's bang-on tbh. Pardew's a loss away from 'Pardew Out' threads at the moment, which would be ridiculous and over-the-top.

Not denying that he really needs to re-evaluate his management this year, because there's been numerous occasions this season where he's done something wrong.

Completely agree with the :thup:

Come on Jayson doesnt care or understand what has being played, he is just happy we won it. It blatantly obviously how some discuss on the tactical side of the game and seem so dim about it.

No basis for that claim atall. All ive done is said we shouldnt be calling Pardew a joke, i hadnt even discussed tactics. Cheers for having a needless dig though for no reason, i actually agreed with your previous post that we're playing similarly as we did last season. We just looked much stronger at the back and had the odd player like Raylor, Best, Cabaye & obviously mainly Ba making key contributions.

He's bang-on tbh. Pardew's a loss away from 'Pardew Out' threads at the moment, which would be ridiculous and over-the-top.

Not denying that he really needs to re-evaluate his management this year, because there's been numerous occasions this season where he's done something wrong.

Completely agree with the :thup:

I also agree 100%, to even mention a pardew out thread would be insanity of the highest order, sure things could be better but christ its not terrible at the moment

Spot on.  Some of kneejerks here are outstanding.

Wow more of the same Pardew, can't wait to see more of the fluid football we play under you especially at home.

Individual Brilliance is the name of our game, Krul saves and Cisse and Ba Individual goals...

Even West Brom had a game plan and passed the ball with triangles ... Its not like they have better players than us. Which means they have a better passing system?(coach)?

Sorry must have quoted the wrong post by accident, meant to quote one by Dave.  :blush:

Done it again!  :blush:

And it's nothing to do with the manager?  Players do what they're told, on the whole.

Ofcourse its to do with him, hes not faultless & neither are our players. Its likely a bit of both & i believe/hope they'll both improve.

this is not true

Really? Give me some examples of teams that have made it work with players on the wrong flanks in a 4-4-2 or the right flanks (so to speak) in a 4-3-3. I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong, but all the evidence I've seen so far (Not just at Newcastle) indicates that some things work and some simply don't.

I don't disagree with your opinions on 4-4-2. It makes more sense to have people on their right side. Obviously they're not entirely comparable to us, but when Barcelona played their best football, Pedro was on the right of a 4-3-3. Sánchez is better for them on the right than he is on the left too. It's a lot more complex than that though and it depends on the player.

With a 4-3-3 I personally would prefer to have two players of the same footedness (not a word, I know) on the wings, so one can go outside and the other inside. It makes for a much more balanced attack imo.

Thought we were good first half to be honest. We really need to work on the middle 3 passing and moving up the pitch though, it's ultimately still either a Ben Arfa dribble or a kick up the pitch, and that's not enough.

That was my interpretation.  We played well in the first half and were the better team.  2nd half was not good.

Personally I think most of the comments are borne out of frustration at looking forward to the match every week and being repeatedly disappointed by the performance.  The "8 more years" idea is quite relevant to me as I can see myself losing interest a bit if I'm watching shite like that all the time.  I'm starting to think that the whole thing is an elaborate plan orchestrated by my girlfriend to stop me watching so much football.

Actually, I'll make one more comment. The amount of easy misplaced passes and nothin hoofs today made me feel sick. Honestly was so angry all match. When we scored I went mad but I'm still so disappointed. If that's what we have to look forward to.....mare