Alan Pardew

Dave

Point still stands: why are you belittling a comment that follows exactly your stance? (I.e. we'd be in a better position with someone else in charge) :lol: desperate for an argument man, you're arguing against your own stance.

Goes back to that earlier post when IP was melting down; becoming the SMB on here

If I have misunderstood your comment then I apologise, I'm probably too used to seeing Moyes being used a reason for us to keep Pardew.

Nobody is my honest opinion and stability, along with a settled team free of injuries is what we need to be succesful and was why we did well last season.

In your honest opinion we can't get a batter manager, give your head a shake.  As for stability, it's bollocks, you don't get stability with a poor manager.  The managers who have stability didn't become good managers because of stability, they have stability because they are good managers.

Man United were utter shit under Ferguson for the first 4 years but they stuck by him and look where they are now.

The season began well with a 4–1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[49][50] Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone

I find it amazing that some people still want to keep him and the only reasons they can come up with is stability or him being somebody else.  :lol:

They can't say keep him because he's tactically astute, they can't say keep him because we're good at anything as a football team, they can't say keep him because he improves any area of our play and they can't say keep him because he's improving our players.  Na, keep him because we need stability or keep him because he might be David Moyes.

Is that the sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped I hear?

So who do we get? Names please, not a Pardew fan or hater to be honest, genuine question.  Which manager comes in does better and works within the framework setup by MA/DL?

Seriously cannot understand questions like this at all. As fans we have no idea how much Ashley is willing to fork out or who he is willing to work with so any names mentioned would just be a fans personal preference, which someone then turns around and says "we'll never get him" :lol:

If Ashley wanted to replace Pardew there are dozens of managers out there who could do a better job with our squad.

So who would be your personal preference? It's so easy to say sack this sack that but you need a replacement, so many examples of sackings that...

Todays Journal    " this year we've hardly had a settled back four, that's the problem"  Alan Pardew.

:anguish:

I remember we had numerous back lines last season. Colo, Saylor, Raylor, Perch, Santon, Simpson and Williamson all featuring. Such an awful excuse, simply because he's messed up he's scrambling together the oldest excuse in the book. This reminds me of the Souness days- missing our 'proper players'  :hunter:

We were unchanged practically every game when we went 11 games unbeaten at the start of the season and again when we won 6 on the bounce.

It does help.

Nobody is my honest opinion and stability, along with a settled team free of injuries is what we need to be succesful and was why we did well last season.

In your honest opinion we can't get a batter manager, give your head a shake.  As for stability, it's bollocks, you don't get stability with a poor manager.  The managers who have stability didn't become good managers because of stability, they have stability because they are good managers.

Man United were utter shit under Ferguson for the first 4 years but they stuck by him and look where they are now.

The season began well with a 4–1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[49][50] Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone

Alan Pardew isn't Alex Ferguson though ffs :lol:

I've said it before but where would Man U be if in some parallel universe instead of sticking with Alex Ferguson, they'd stuck with Alan Pardew? Not a chance they would be where they are now.

Eh? You've spent the last 5months wishing we had another manager in charge of this group of players.

I've spent longer than 5 months wanting a batter manager than Pardew.

Please name who you think is better and more importantly realistic

Martinez

Montanier

Poyet

Ketsbaia

Garcia

Me

You

Him

Them

They

Anyone

?

I've said it before but where would Man U be if in some parallel universe instead of sticking with Alex Ferguson, they'd stuck with Alan Pardew? Not a chance they would be where they are now.

Why?

It's all fine margins. I remember them getting possed at home live on tv on New Years Day 1990 off QPR 4-1 and then fluking a win against Forest in the cup. They were equally lucky to win the fa cup later that season as well with palace being desperately unlucky to get taken to a replay off them.

Pardew isn't up to it but I refuse to turn on him as such because we can't afford negativity to come from the stands.

It may become a problem because I can't see the board sacking him anytime soon. However, they have suprised us in the past.

Not being able to find a suitable successor isn't grounds for retaining a poor manager.

Todays Journal    " this year we've hardly had a settled back four, that's the problem"  Alan Pardew.

:anguish:

I remember we had numerous back lines last season. Colo, Saylor, Raylor, Perch, Santon, Simpson and Williamson all featuring. Such an awful excuse, simply because he's messed up he's scrambling together the oldest excuse in the book. This reminds me of the Souness days- missing our 'proper players'  :hunter:

We were unchanged practically every game when we went 11 games unbeaten at the start of the season and again when we won 6 on the bounce.

It does help.

I know it does, but this season we've practically upgraded our back four since after January- Debuchy, Saylor/Colo- Mapou- Santon. There's been very little improvement. Ground out a few results but only by the skin of our teeth. It doesn't wash with me, its a sad excuse. 

I wasn't aware that Pardew had successfully broken the Old Firm's dominance of Scottish Football.

Relevance???? Ferguson was utter shit for 4 years at Man Utd but they stuck with him and eventually reaped the rewards.

There's too much knee jerking on here.

We were utter shit for 2 years under SBR until we signed Bellamy and Robert, should we have sacked him earlier than we did too??

:lol:

Eh? You've spent the last 5months wishing we had another manager in charge of this group of players.

I've spent longer than 5 months wanting a batter manager than Pardew.

Please name who you think is better and more importantly realistic

Martinez

Montanier

Poyet

Ketsbaia

Garcia

Me

You

Him

Them

They

Anyone

?

Fair enough I asked for names, rule me out though I'd be rubbish, far too angry

Guest neesy111

I wasn't aware that Pardew had successfully broken the Old Firm's dominance of Scottish Football.

Relevance???? Ferguson was utter shit for 4 years at Man Utd but they stuck with him and eventually reaped the rewards.

We were utter shit for 2 years under SBR until we signed Bellamy and Robert, should we have sacked him earlier than we did too??

Robson took over us when we were bottom ffs.

Get a grip.

Your definition of utter shit obviously differs from mine.

Guest Spark

I think his rather obvious point is that Ferguson had some sort of pedigree before going to Man Utd. You've actually strengthened this point with your Bobby Robson example.

Did you watch us in 99/00 and 00/01?? We were rank.

I find it amazing that some people still want to keep him and the only reasons they can come up with is stability or him being somebody else.  :lol:

They can't say keep him because he's tactically astute, they can't say keep him because we're good at anything as a football team, they can't say keep him because he improves any area of our play and they can't say keep him because he's improving our players.  Na, keep him because we need stability or keep him because he might be David Moyes.

So who do we get? Names please, not a Pardew fan or hater to be honest, genuine question.  Which manager comes in does better and works within the framework setup by MA/DL?

Seriously cannot understand questions like this at all. As fans we have no idea how much Ashley is willing to fork out or who he is willing to work with so any names mentioned would just be a fans personal preference, which someone then turns around and says "we'll never get him" :lol:

If Ashley wanted to replace Pardew there are dozens of managers out there who could do a better job with our squad.

So who would be your personal preference? It's so easy to say sack this sack that but you need a replacement, so many examples of sackings that...

I havn't got a specific personal preference but as I said anyone anyway anyone naming theirs is utterly pointless. We have no idea of the availability of managers and who the owners would wish to work with. There are however hundreds of managers out there who are better than Pardew and the odds suggest that at least 1 of them would be willing to come here.

I did aye and we were nowhere near as rank as we are now.

I think we were.

I havn't got a specific personal preference but as I said anyone anyway anyone naming theirs is utterly pointless. We have no idea of the availability of managers and who the owners would wish to work with. There are however hundreds of managers out there who are better than Pardew and the odds suggest that at least 1 of them would be willing to come here.

That's fair enough anyone but Pardew it is then, shame as it renders a discussion thread a bit redundant but...

Relevance???? Ferguson was utter s*** for 4 years at Man Utd but they stuck with him and eventually reaped the rewards.

We were utter s*** for 2 years under SBR until we signed Bellamy and Robert, should we have sacked him earlier than we did too??

Your definition of utter s*** obviously differs from mine.

I think we were.

Ooooooh! Fight, fight!

Why?

It's all fine margins. I remember them getting possed at home live on tv on New Years Day 1990 off QPR 4-1 and then fluking a win against Forest in the cup. They were equally lucky to win the fa cup later that season as well with palace being desperately unlucky to get taken to a replay off them.

Ah right then, Pardew with his awful brand of hoofball shite would have a dozen titles to his name as well as European honours taking the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs and Cantona to Selhurst Park and parking the bus.

Honestly it's such a mental point, the footballing equivalent of "you can be whatever you want to be, son."

Man United were utter s*** under Ferguson for the first 4 years but they stuck by him and look where they are now.

Man U were utter shit under Ron Atkinson and when Ferguson was appointed, they were third bottom in the old first division and they appointed him because of his past record which was him winning 3 league titles, 5 domestic cup competitions and the UEFA cup.

He was the third horse in a two horse race and he won trophies on a regular basis, compare that to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy winners medal that our manager can fall back on. 

Stability didn't make him a good manager, he clearly was a good manager before joining Man U and that's why he was given time, he didn't become a good manager because he was given time.