Alan Pardew

Dave

We should keep Obertan cos Gareth Bale wasn't doing well once upon a time.

Repeat ad nauseum for every player in history.  Alex Ferguson ffs. Simply the most ludicrous of arguments.

I wasn't aware that Pardew had successfully broken the Old Firm's dominance of Scottish Football.

Relevance???? Ferguson was utter s*** for 4 years at Man Utd but they stuck with him and eventually reaped the rewards.

There's too much knee jerking on here.

We were utter s*** for 2 years under SBR until we signed Bellamy and Robert, should we have sacked him earlier than we did too??

That's received wisdom nonsense; Manchester Utd were runners up in his first full season in charge, mid-table for 2 seasons then finished 6th and won the FA cup. Before taking over at Old Trafford he won the Cup-winners cup and 3 titles in Scotland. Pardew's won nowt of note as a manger. This tired argument of sticking with managers doesn't wash either - several managerial changes have not not exactly harmed the likes of Chelsea or Spurs. It's the footballing equivalent of asking Oasis fans to stick by the band because Definitely Maybe was a good album.

Relevance???? Ferguson was utter s*** for 4 years at Man Utd but they stuck with him and eventually reaped the rewards.

There's too much knee jerking on here.

We were utter s*** for 2 years under SBR until we signed Bellamy and Robert, should we have sacked him earlier than we did too??

You only seem to be able to see things in isolation.  Ferguson was a good manager who took over a shit team and the same goes for Bobby.

Sir Bob took two years to turn around a s*** squad.

Pardew has a good squad and some fantastic players, most of which are failing.

And when Bobby turned it around, the football was pure poetry.

Can we expect Pardew to even string words together?

I find it amazing that some people still want to keep him and the only reasons they can come up with is stability or him being somebody else.  :lol:

They can't say keep him because he's tactically astute, they can't say keep him because we're good at anything as a football team, they can't say keep him because he improves any area of our play and they can't say keep him because he's improving our players.  Na, keep him because we need stability or keep him because he might be David Moyes.

Is that the sound of the bottom of the barrel being scraped I hear?

So who do we get? Names please, not a Pardew fan or hater to be honest, genuine question.  Which manager comes in does better and works within the framework setup by MA/DL?

Seriously cannot understand questions like this at all. As fans we have no idea how much Ashley is willing to fork out or who he is willing to work with so any names mentioned would just be a fans personal preference, which someone then turns around and says "we'll never get him" :lol:

If Ashley wanted to replace Pardew there are dozens of managers out there who could do a better job with our squad.

So who would be your personal preference? It's so easy to say sack this sack that but you need a replacement, so many examples of sackings that...

I havn't got a specific personal preference but as I said anyone anyway anyone naming theirs is utterly pointless. We have no idea of the availability of managers and who the owners would wish to work with. There are however hundreds of managers out there who are better than Pardew and the odds suggest that at least 1 of them would be willing to come here.

That's fair enough anyone but Pardew it is then, shame as it renders a discussion thread a bit redundant but...

:lol: aye I said that like

Sick to the back teeth of Pardew apologists on here.  He's done absolutely nothing that makes me think he'll turn it around.  He has f*** all idea.

• Our corners and set pieces are s***.  Yet we still persist with the same technique
  • He's openly stated that the foundation of our pre-match prep is to nullify the opposition.  However we're filled with players that want to attack.  Play to your strengths?
  • This is also blindingly obvious when we go forward.  One player has the ball while all others stand their with their thumb up their arse looking utterly clueless about where to run and what support to offer
  • He has this awful love for players that can "graft" for 90 minutes.  Jonas might be able to run for 90 minutes, Perch might be able to "get a tackle in" but your left winger and your centre mid should be looking to supply the forward line.  So f***ing negative.
  • His handling of injuries is atrocious.  Ultimately the buck stops with him as to whether or not a player plays.  Too many times we've rushed players back from injury this season.  Yet he tries to wrangle this into an excuse

the biggest one of all:

• He spoke about being hopeful of Marveaux of Ben Arfa "coming up with a bit of magic".  For f***s sake man, what?  Telling someone in Row A that they were thinking of the 9 of spades?!  "Magic" ffs.  In other words "I hope we keep it to a tight 0-0 and one of the two attacking players I'm allowing on the pitch pulls something out of their arse"

Repeat ad nauseum for every player in history.  Alex Ferguson ffs. Simply the most ludicrous of arguments.

:lol: It's offensively bad like.

I know Ian likes to moan on about this thread and how people are attacked but is it any fucking wonder?

Guest bimpy474

Sick to the back teeth of Pardew apologists on here.  He's done absolutely nothing that makes me think he'll turn it around.  He has fuck all idea.

• Our corners and set pieces are shit.  Yet we still persist with the same technique
  • He's openly stated that the foundation of our pre-match prep is to nullify the opposition.  However we're filled with players that want to attack.  Play to your strengths?
  • This is also blindingly obvious when we go forward.  One player has the ball while all others stand their with their thumb up their arse looking utterly clueless about where to run and what support to offer
  • He has this awful love for players that can "graft" for 90 minutes.  Jonas might be able to run for 90 minutes, Perch might be able to "get a taclke in" but your left winger and your centre mid should be looking to supply the forward line.  So fucking negative.
  • His handling of injuries is atrocious.  Ultimately the buck stops with him as to whether or not a player plays.  Too many times we've rushed players back from injury this season.  Yet he tries to wrangle this into an excuse

:snod: O0

Sick to the back teeth of Pardew apologists on here.  He's done absolutely nothing that makes me think he'll turn it around.  He has f*** all idea.

• Our corners and set pieces are s***.  Yet we still persist with the same technique
  • He has this awful love for players that can "graft" for 90 minutes.  Jonas might be able to run for 90 minutes, Perch might be able to "get a taclke in" but your left winger and your centre mid should be looking to supply the forward line.  So f***ing negative.

Good post, I also like the formatting.  That must be the tidiest post I've ever seen on here.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

• He has this awful love for players that can "graft" for 90 minutes.  Jonas might be able to run for 90 minutes, Perch might be able to "get a taclke in" but your left winger and your centre mid should be looking to supply the forward line.  So f***ing negative.

Good post, I also like the formatting.  That must be the tidiest post I've ever seen on here.

He used bullit points, way out of my league like :lol:

I feel it could have done with an interactive power point presentation.

Guest bimpy474

Alan "it was the Notting Hill Carnival" Pardew.

Alan 'It's Man Utd's fault that Man City were under no pressure to beat us today' Pardew

Alan "they ran faster" Pardew. :lol:

Come on :lol:

I don't think he'll need excuses today, I think the players will be massively up for this after last week and they need to be.  If they aren't then we're in more trouble than even I think we're in.