Alan Pardew

Dave

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

That doesn't mean people calling for his head are necessarily wrong, but I can see what it would look like.

Ever the diplomat :)

Whey it's true isn't it? Generally we would be slating Liverpool or Sunderland fans if they were after sacking a manager in this manner.

Most of us were sick when Sunderland sacked MON and the bloke was having a better season than Pardew.

Fair point, in that individual case. On the other hand, O'Neill hadn't been manager of the year the previous season and finished 5th.

He also had a vastly inferior squad though. Pardew finished 5th with what was pretty much the 7th best squad in the league, Chelsea and Liverpool arguably the only squads that were better than hours but of course those poor sods had those nasty European competitions to worry about as well.

OK, but the point is that Pardew had demonstrated something in getting the team to finish 5th. Whether it was a top 7 squad or a top 10 squad or a top 6 squad I've no idea really.

I just assumed that the people on the outside that you were talking about were competent enough to look at things with basic logic, and not just "manager finish 5th, manger must never get sack".

Well aye, I'm not saying only the league position would be used. But it's also fair to assume that it's quite difficult/rare to fluke your way to 5th in the premier league, so therefore some correct decisions must have been made along the way.

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

That doesn't mean people calling for his head are necessarily wrong, but I can see what it would look like.

Whey it's true isn't it? Generally we would be slating Liverpool or Sunderland fans if they were after sacking a manager in this manner.

We (and Bird) know about Pardew from the inside though. A sligthly random observation, Ian.

It's not really random, the point is that sometimes fans can be too passionate about their own club and react extremely to things. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant to whether you think he should or shouldn't be sacked I suppose.

I'd tend to lay more trust in a fan who knows what's actually going on, rather than a random bloke who just knows our positions in the table these last seasons.

Maybe you're right, all I would say is that we get caught up in the emotion and the shorter-term than outside observers.

Case in point, this forum degenerating so badly after the derby game. It's not right or wrong necessarily, I just wanted to discuss how it can look to outsiders.

How did it degenerate? Just because people insulted "Pards"? FFS.

Not being funny, I've got no doubt whatsoever that you'd back him all the way down the divisions Ian. You won't call for his head if and when he relegates us, guaranteed.

Guest reefatoon

Ian W, bless you, I love the way you try to put your pro Pardew view across while trying your hardest to make it look like you are sitting on the fence about it.  You have your views and that is fine with me, I just like the way you try to brush it off as you are not bothered either way while trying to defend him.

We (and Bird) know about Pardew from the inside though. A sligthly random observation, Ian.

It's not really random, the point is that sometimes fans can be too passionate about their own club and react extremely to things. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant to whether you think he should or shouldn't be sacked I suppose.

I'd tend to lay more trust in a fan who knows what's actually going on, rather than a random bloke who just knows our positions in the table these last seasons.

Maybe you're right, all I would say is that we get caught up in the emotion and the shorter-term than outside observers.

Case in point, this forum degenerating so badly after the derby game. It's not right or wrong necessarily, I just wanted to discuss how it can look to outsiders.

How did it degenerate? Just because people insulted "Pards"? FFS.

Not being funny, I've got no doubt whatsoever that you'd back him all the way down the divisions Ian. You won't call for his head if and when he relegates us, guaranteed.

You must know the standard of chat was absolutely appalling for days. It's understandable, but it's definitely true. Nothing to do with your position on Pardew.

I don't know why you pop up so often to criticise me for things I might say in future, it's total nonsense and I don't understand what you get out of it. Have you ignored all the 'if we stay up' in my posts, and all the times I've said I wouldn't shed a tear if he was sacked?

The only case I'm making is that I would give him another chance if we stay up. If you can't debate it just ignore me, but it would be great if you would stop putting words in my mouth.

If the club employ new coaches to train the team to play to their strengths, i have to be honest, i wouldn't be against the idea of seeing him into next season.

If it's the same lot as this season, then i would think it's time for a change. It's ok making mistakes and then saying he's learning by them but then he makes lots of other mistakes. Enough for me to really wonder why he can't see most of them coming. We need someone who can anticipate future events and act accordingly not just someone who can analyse the past. There's a BIG difference.

Of course. It's our club, our passion. Not necessarily for worse though.

3-0 battering against our main rivals (in every aspect atm), leaving us in a relegation battle. It would be weird if people didn't react harshly.

Most of us were sick when Sunderland sacked MON and the bloke was having a better season than Pardew.

Fair point, in that individual case. On the other hand, O'Neill hadn't been manager of the year the previous season and finished 5th.

He also had a vastly inferior squad though. Pardew finished 5th with what was pretty much the 7th best squad in the league, Chelsea and Liverpool arguably the only squads that were better than hours but of course those poor sods had those nasty European competitions to worry about as well.

OK, but the point is that Pardew had demonstrated something in getting the team to finish 5th. Whether it was a top 7 squad or a top 10 squad or a top 6 squad I've no idea really.

I just assumed that the people on the outside that you were talking about were competent enough to look at things with basic logic, and not just "manager finish 5th, manger must never get sack".

Well aye, I'm not saying only the league position would be used. But it's also fair to assume that it's quite difficult/rare to fluke your way to 5th in the premier league, so therefore some correct decisions must have been made along the way.

Didn't Allardyce finish 6th twice? I wouldn't claim it was a fluke but it is a) clearly not sustainable and b) absolutely not what I want to watch.

Ian W, bless you, I love the way you try to put your pro Pardew view across while trying your hardest to make it look like you are sitting on the fence about it.  You have your views and that is fine with me, I just like the way you try to brush it off as you are not bothered either way while trying to defend him.

I am pro-Pardew in that I think he has some good attributes and my opinion right now is that I wouldn't sack him for that reason and others not to do with him personally.

That's not sitting on the fence, that's a position that it takes a bit of intelligence to understand.

Better chat today anyway :thup:

Of course. It's our club, our passion. Not necessarily for worse though.

3-0 battering against our main rivals (in every aspect atm), leaving us in a relegation battle. It would be weird if people didn't react harshly.

Yep, I said that and I agree.

Of course you understand it, you agree with it.  :lol:

Guest Dontooner

its obvious those that back Pardew lack understanding of the game of football. Not blaming them, all they want is results , thats why Man U have so many fans that don't know a thing about the game. Glory hunters?

Ian W on stunning form today. Can't wait till Interpolic gets his gegs on and has a look :lol:

Until recently I thought it was Wullie and Toon's Taylor who were my main nemeses.

Is that a word?

Most people are lucky to get one nemesis, Ian :lol: Greedy b******d !

Of course you understand it, you agree with it.  :lol:

Well yeah, in a way.

Ian W on stunning form today. Can't wait till Interpolic gets his gegs on and has a look :lol:

Until recently I thought it was Wullie and Toon's Taylor who were my main nemeses.

Is that a word?

Most people are lucky to get one nemesis, Ian :lol: Greedy b******d !

http://www.broadbenterprise.com/illustration_images/bricktop.png

Sunderland and Liverpool have rightly sacked more successful managers than Pardew lately.

I am pro-Pardew in that I think he has some good attributes and my opinion right now is that I wouldn't sack him for that reason and others not to do with him personally.

That's not sitting on the fence, that's a position that it takes a bit of intelligence to understand.

How utterly condescending, nice one.

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a fucking hammering off the mackems.

Sunderland and Liverpool have rightly sacked more successful managers than Pardew lately.

Everybody (outside of Liverpool fans) was counting the days till Dalglish went, even though he got them to 2 cup finals (winning 1) and finished 8th. Maybe they should have kept him for stability :iamatwat:

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a fucking hammering off the mackems.

Well how long should I explain and re-explain the same position? Honestly couldn't think of any other way to put it :blush:

Obviously some people are ignoring it on purpose, which is fair enough I suppose.

He thinks he's so fucking clever doesn't he?  :lol:

Its all I got when we last spoke. Idiot, child, stupid, don't understand, then has a nerve to cry when someone calls him gullible. Wonder if he's threatened to walk away from the forum today, that's usually part of the repertoire.

Edit:

Anyway, I should stay away from this place at the moment because no other views are welcome. I know this but I keep getting sucked back in. Apologies.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7a39oFagQ1r177ato1_r1_cover.png