Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Seems he is just sticking with this 4-4-2 to appease Ba.

Even though Ba was in his own half most of the time? Righto.

Got nowt to do with it has it.

We line up with this 4-4-2 to suit him, it is as simple as that.

Haha. I pity you if you genuinely think that we put results, team and careers at risk to appease one player. You seriously can't be that stupid man, howeh.

We won this corresponding fixture last season with 4-4-2

Yes, i was there too. They were all over us for the 1st 15 mins. It was there sloppy midfield passing that kept it even. Then Cisse did his stuff.

We won because you were there. You know this, and you still didn't go.

Obviously the forum needs to subsidize my airfare so I can go every weekend.

:thup:

It's not a magical solution, this 4-3-3 thing. Chelsea are one of the best sides in the the league and will score a lot of goals this season. If they click, we're always going to be in trouble whichever formation we play.

Let's just hope we come out with a point to prove this second half. All fired up. Believe.

Chelsea look good, we've nowt up front atm, Ben arfa looks different class. Soft 'pelanty' and a good goal. At least we're trying to keep it on the deck and play from the back, baring Hollywood Taylor.

4-4-2 really doesn't create for us does it.

it's pardew's achilles heel atm.

It seemed to be last season, fwiw I think we'll see 4-3-3 second half. The problem with 4-4-2 is that it's based on us being hard to break down and nicking a goal. If we're not hard to break down it falls on its arse and we find it hard to create. It's not the same as playing for a draw because we've got such good strikers, but it's similar.

4-4-2 has its uses, clearly, but you need a player like Shola (or Carroll) up there to play off one of Ba or Cisse.

we also need to have our midfield two at their peak to play that way, especially when up against a 3 (which many teams now use) and clearly we're a way off that so Pardew should've tailored the system to compensate for how sluggish cabaye looks.

Against a weakened chelsea side thinking about two massive cup finals.

The point is we've proven that we can play well with a 4-4-2.

Before Cisse, Ben Arfa etc etc came a massive part of the side..... not one thing about it works.

Guest Realist

When you're giving the ball away as badly as we are you're asking for trouble.  What have this lot actually been working on in pre season? Their suntans?

:pilko:

We won because you were there. You know this, and you still didn't go.

Obviously the forum needs to subsidize my airfare so I can go every weekend.

:lol: Fuck that. You only have to go to one match, man.

Still time. Stop acting like SK doesn't have teleporters.

After the Spurs result last week, we really should have started with 4-3-3 here, why would you want to give a team with so many good players on the ball the extra man to dictate? They're not the same team as last season, they've got far more movement and pace upfront before anyone brings that match up.

4-4-2 really doesn't create for us does it.

it's pardew's achilles heel atm.

It seemed to be last season, fwiw I think we'll see 4-3-3 second half. The problem with 4-4-2 is that it's based on us being hard to break down and nicking a goal. If we're not hard to break down it falls on its arse and we find it hard to create. It's not the same as playing for a draw because we've got such good strikers, but it's similar.

4-4-2 would work well if we stuck to a hoof ball game plan with Shola or possibly Carroll up top alongside Ba or Cisse. See the ManU game last season when we bossed them by using a gritty central midfield duo and targeting their aerial weaknesses without Vidic. It seems to me that we are trying to play with this shape while also attempting to apply a passing game in the midfield, which will just not work out with just two CMs and attack-restricted wide midfielders imo. 4-3-3 would allow the CMs more options and better play for a passing game, and it will ensure that Ba and Cisse would not get in each others way when they get the chances. Ben Arfa as "right winger" rather than "right midfielder" would do well for his creativity too, imo.

Guest andrew

not bad, just we need to get at them more

2_0 well we don't need to get the points here, but still we have given them way to much time

we'll see what the 2nd half brings

can we afford to? if we push high torres will get in behind a lot (and hazard of course). managers hate being in this kind of position

Against a weakened chelsea side thinking about two massive cup finals.

The point is we've proven that we can play well with a 4-4-2.

Before Cisse, Ben Arfa etc etc came a massive part of the side..... not one thing about it works.

I thought we were talking about Chelsea away? The third to last match of last season?

business as usual vs these cunts then

simpson behind ben arfa is a total disaster, it's never been highlighted to me as much as in this game...every pass is either backwards or long 'cause he can't do anything else, if he was able to run with it (or pick a pass) like santon it'd open up space for hba to exploit

hba has looked class when he's on the ball but lacks options

anita and cabaye in CM were always going to get overran imo....needed a 3, shame about tiote

keep the score down pls, try and nick one back and make them nevry even, don't get buttfucked

After the Spurs result last week, we really should have started with 4-3-3 here, why would you want to give a team with so many good players on the ball the extra man to dictate? They're not the same team as last season, they've got far more movement and pace upfront before anyone brings that match up.

It shouldn't even be about the other team, we should play to our strengths which is 4-3-3.

When you're giving the ball away as badly as we are you're asking for trouble.  What have this lot actually been working on in pre season? Their suntans?

I think you can see a change in our style. We're trying to play it from the back and we can get the ball around half way but we're struggling to pass it incisively in the final third. Ba and Cisse have their backs to goal and there's no clever runs from Jonas or HBA to get the ball in space.