NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'll be royally p*ssed off if we don't get through/ take the competition seriously.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but 5 and a half years without European football is a long time and if we're going to take a 'f*** it see what happens attitude' to rest players in the league that's fine.

But the reasoning behind it?

So we can finish in a European spot again this season, so we can see how far we'll get with a second string team out...and the cycle continues. At least have a stab at it (Yes it is obviously early on and against weak opposition), but if we take this stance in the groups should we progress, we'll come straight back out.

At this stage, he's taking it as seriously as he needs to IMO.

The weak team last week handled the game comfortably. A slightly stronger team should progress tonight.

I've no doubt we'll take the group stages much more seriously.

How early do those with previous experience of cash turnstiles advise I go tonight? I'm notorious for being late as it is, but hate waiting about, especially if I'm going on me tod.

How early do those with previous experience of cash turnstiles advise I go tonight? I'm notorious for being late as it is, but hate waiting about, especially if I'm going on me tod.

I'd go 20 minutes before K.O, latest would be 10 minutes.

It really depends how busy it is, but it can be veeeeerrrrry slow on cash turnstiles.

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

who says he aint arsed about it,.

a lot of fans get confused with 'resting players' and 'managing the squad'.

its quite simple, come sunday, (usually its saturday) we play a premiership team who has had 6 days rest.

if we field our full strength team tonight we would've had 2/half days rest by the time we play the Villa. 

im not saying we can't beat the Villa by playing full strength tonight and not bother to squad rotate.  but you get the idea, that the opposition who's had a full 6 days to prepare for the same match compared to another team thats only got a few days, has a distinctive advantage.,, no?

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

its quite simple, come sunday, (usually its saturday) we play a premiership team who has had 6 days rest.

if we field our full strength team tonight we would've had 2/half days rest by the time we play the Villa. 

im not saying we can't beat the Villa by playing full strength tonight and not bother to squad rotate.  but you get the idea, that the opposition who's had a full 6 days to prepare for the same match compared to another team thats only got a few days, has a distinctive advantage.,, no?

:anguish:

Guest Roger Kint

When's the group phase drawn? Is it done together with the CL later today?

Tomorrow I believe.

Usually 12pm(11am UK time)

I'd go 20 minutes before K.O, latest would be 10 minutes.

It really depends how busy it is, but it can be veeeeerrrrry slow on cash turnstiles.

Cheers. :thup:

Krul

Tarvenier.    Perch.    Willi.      Raylor

Bigi.        Gosling

Amslfitano.          Vuckic.      Marveaux

Ba

Perhaps not to those words, but he's stated before this isn't one of his priorities