Newcastle 1 - 0 Atromitos (2-1 on agg) - 30/08/12 - post-match reaction from p40

Dave

Yeah we're definitely going to have to play some better players if we're going to get anywhere in the Europa, that's ultimately Pards' decision.

Thought Obertan, Marv and Colo were class, Ba did alright, Perch was mint until he came off as always.  Vuckic showed some nice glimpses of what he can do, Bigi was alright but still has some work to do on his game which is natural seeing as he's so young.

Gosling :anguish:

Won the tie in the first half so seriously took the foot off the gas. Can't see that being the last time we do that in this competition; only we'll be up against better teams who could punish us. I'm pleased we're through but my excitement for the tournament has seriously dwindled considering the paper-thin squad we've got for the season. If we've got to play the kids every time then we'll stutter and probably get knocked out fairly soon.

Guest optimistic nit

on that performance marv is the only one of our 2nd XI (apart from perch) who I would be happy with starting in the premier league. Obertan was ok, but needs to sort his crosses out. Tavernier looks to have a lot more technique that Bigi or Vuckic based on that performance, if we can get him defending properly we'll have a good player there.

Guest optimistic nit

Pards frown at night - transfer window set alight

Pards looked in mourning - player sale warning.

:lol: :lol: at both.

Guest BooBoo

Pards frown at night - transfer window set alight

Pards looked in mourning - player sale warning.

:lol:

This place is ridiculous at times. :lol:

We should have put that game to bed by half time, they came out the blocks in the second half and caught us napping, and as they got better we got more nervous, which didn't help. If we play like we did in the first half we could go far, but not if we play like we did in the second.

Bleurgh.  :embarrassed:

What a heap of shit that was. Never able to stamp our authority on the game and it should have been put to bed after 30 mins. Not got a problem with playing a few of the squad to rest a few of the first choice XI but we were taking liberties tbh. It shouldn't have been that close.

But we're through so I suppose it's job done. I'd like to think we'll take it a bit more seriously when the group games come around though.