Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Fucking awful, honestly that was a disaster. All season so far we have been poor but fucking hell, on our performances I don't think we stand a chance of even finishing in the top 10. Everton could have had as many as they want. We need to come out in the 2nd half, punish them for not punishing us.

Sounds like absolute crap, although we've steadied it a bit as the half has gone on and had a few chances. We're still only 1-0 down, and hopefully if we can alter this at half time and Pards can fire them up, we can come back into this.

It's something that's happened to us before; we've played well but not taken the chances to put the game to bed and been punished, hopefully we can execute that tonight.

We really need to put the 'not turned around a defecit in the PL under Pardew' thing to bed anarl, although I'd be shocked if that happened tonight.

Hard to imagine worse, don't know how we're only down by one goal.

Marveaux and Cabaye have been anonymous, Jonas and Anita toothless and overrun, Cisse helpless and Ben Arfa's the only one -m again - who looks a threat, simply because he can do it all himself.

Going to have to get better but I can see a Ba for Marveaux substitution followed by 4-4-2 with HBA-Anita-Cabaye-Jonas and a lot more hoofing up top.

Poor performance - only bonus is that we are only 1-0 down. Badly missing Tiote in midfield and I'm not sure how that can be resolved for the 2nd half. Ba or Shola on and for us to go a bit more direct. I'd take off the ineffective Marveaux and possibly move Perch into midfield, with Anita going to DR.

Pardew has a job on to stop us getting pummelled in the 2nd half.

difference is they want it and we don't. they are constantly closing down, working, fighting for the ball- our lot look absolutely gutless and its no surprise we never come from behind to win. very little drive there. fucking hell that was atrocious, hopefuly pards is fired up and ready to give them a rollicking