Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Btw we still played a shitload of long ball second half. It just came off a lot more.

Some games you have to do it, this was one of them. Couldn't cope with being closed down and players looked scared and sloppy on the ball so was the right decision to go aggressive and hit it direct when the better football doesn't come off.

Our start hasn't been that bad considering the teams we've been up against. Villa was disappointing yes but overall it's decent enough. Hopefully now we can push on.

The points total is decent for the games we have had tbh, the only thing that concerns me is in every game so far we have not got going until the second half and quite frankly is the main reason we have not got more points.

Btw we still played a shitload of long ball second half. It just came off a lot more.

Some games you have to do it, this was one of them. Couldn't cope with being closed down and players looked scared and sloppy on the ball so was the right decision to go aggressive and hit it direct when the better football doesn't come off.

Aye. Like Man Utd last year, in the second half we made it work. First half was genuinely aimless.

Honestly think this may be the turning point for us this season, we can kick on from here. Our midfield couldn't cope with Everton's, especially without Tiote, what's frustrating is when we have a midfield that could dominate a game and we don't use it (see Villa)

tough game and was expecting a loss, was certain we would come out looking better the second half, but I really felt we took a good grip around the match. Especially playing 2 up front made it alot harder for them to play out from the back. Hatem was especially frustrating, a few misplaced passes, his tricks didn't come off, and topped it off with a chance I was so sure he would slot between his legs.

Tbf I thought Ba would start up top today as he's been sharper then Cisse in the first matches, both in build up and infront of goal. His fitness has been a problem all his time here though, so could have played a part in the decision.

Moyes says they have themselves to blame for not winning it.  Well said.

First half they pretty much grabbed us, got the chloroform covered cloth over our nose, dragged us into a nearby bush, covered their tracks then instead just sat there and had a wank.

:spit:

Fuck me.

Aye. Like Man Utd last year, in the second half we made it work. First half was genuinely aimless.

:thup: Was going to mention Man Utd.

Wouldn't want us to do this all the time but i suspect it's Pardew's natural inclination hence the pursuit of De Jong and Carroll in the summer.