Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

"And for the second time on Merseyside this week, you have to say justice has been done... One more trivial than the other, blah blah blah".

What the fuck is the commentator thinking?

This was in hugely bad taste btw, wouldn't be surprised if people pick up on it.  Alan Parry is a tit though, it's constant verbal diarrhea.

:thup:

What a fucking disgusting thing to say.

Definitely verbal diarrhoea. Immediately realised what a silly thing it was to say and began the backpedalling.

Nobody else ever heard of the tail wagging the dog?  Seriously?

He said the tail DOESN'T wag the dog though didn't he?

He said you can't have the tail wagging the dog, as in the players deciding what they should do even though they're told to do it.

As if this is still going on btw. :lol:

If we'd scored from the ensuing counter-attack it would have been the cheekiest goal ever. :lol:

Possibly the cheekiest since Gravesen nearly snapped Bernard's leg before Rooney scampered down our left and setting them up to win a penalty against us.

If we'd scored from the ensuing counter-attack it would have been the cheekiest goal ever. :lol:

Justice for the Gravesen tackle.

Ah well there you go. They do balance out somewhere along the line. It's like us winning the non-penalty at Old Trafford last season; immediately made me think of Howard blatantly tripping Shearer in 03/04 (for one thing).

:pow:

Absolutely shambolic first half, brilliant second. Ba superb, with Shola a towering behemoth for the second goal. Impressed with Anita for the most part, and Cabaye looked back to some sort of form in the second half. A positive result that we can hopefully build on and gain some momentum.

Well that was interesting. First half was pathetic. Hard to watch etc. Second half was much better, mainly due to attitude, Ba on and some positional changes.

The most noticeable difference was our pressure when defending. Two or three players stressing and closing down the ball carrier is indeed effective.

Observations: I've seen people mention Williamson and Perch as Championship players. I agree with the former. Perch is obviously a midfielder. He's excellent at closing down players and his distribution is tidy. The most important detail about him playing there though, is that he's allowing Cabaye to do his job. Which is quite essential to us not being raped (see first half).

Harper should retire. So slow. Almost looks like he doesn't care. And his time wasting on goal kicks is infuriating. I haven't seen Elliott that much, but surely he can't be worse than Harper? I'd give him a chance after watching that today. Like an old lady on both goals.

Anita is class on RB.

Santon is a very good player. I think he's a decent defender and wonderful going forward. Our best player today, alongside Ba.

HBA was a magician at times today, although he made some poor decisions on a couple of occasions.

Cissé is still quite shit in this campaign. Poor in the air today, and wasteful finishes.

Ba was lively and took the one goal really well. Expect more from him vs Norwich.

We are obviously unable to play two good halves.

Shola. Chest.

2-2 feels good man. :troll:

What a second half. Thank f***  the ref was a clown.

First half was as bad as I've seen us under pards. Made the changes though and the second half was much better.

The intensity of the game was immense, very entertaining  watch. Everton were very, very good at times.

Just finished watching on Sky+.

Jesus pole-vaulting fucking christ that was some second half. :lol:

Great effort by the lads in the second half, we were rubbish in the first but we really turned it round. Tbf we should have been dead and buried at half time and rode our luck twice in the second half but it's a great point to get.

Ba. :smitten:

Shola. :smitten:

tbf, the ref was mint really. The lack of technology is the clown.

Yeah just watching the analysis now and probably a bit harsh.

Still buzzing from that second half, was so much going on just end to end.

Lost in all the "Everton was robbed" nonsense being spouted in the media is the fact that we were on the receiving end of the only truly awful decision when Ben Arfa was through. There was no doubt about that one and it was a shocking piece of refereeing.

For the two incidents the press prefer to seize on, the offside was by consensus too difficult to call, and for the "goal" the free kick they were awarded prior to it was quite simply NOT a free kick. The ball may have been over the line but it wasn't as if there was clear daylight as there has been in other "over the line" cock ups.

Overall great result, a very ballsy second half performance, especially considering the players we are missing which gives us something to build on going forward. Thought Pardew was spot on in his post match interview, telling it like it was and being very honest.

Thought overall that Sky's coverage was very biased towards them.

Unlucky Everton find no favour

To think it was Alan Pardew who spent the game in the stands for pushing a linesman. After 90 enthralling, error-riddled minutes at Goodison Park, it was David Moyes who had rather more reason to accost the officials.

Newcastle's banned and banished manager could be grateful for their flawed displays as, coupled with a demonstration of his own prowess, the Magpies rescued a point in improbable fashion.

It owed something to the reigning manager of the year. His half-time reshuffle entailed a change of shape, personnel and fortune. Enter the benched Demba Ba for a brace of predatory skill. Yet a different type of double occupied Everton minds. The two goals they were wrongly disallowed - Nikica Jelavic also rightly had one chalked off constituted grievous failings by the men in black, assistant referee Ceri Richards in particular.

First Marouane Fellaini, level with the last defender when he converted Steven Pienaar's pass, was deemed offside. Then, still more obviously, Victor Anichebe's header crossed the line before Mike Williamson hooked the ball back into play.

To compound Everton's frustration, no sooner had Anichebe put the ball in the net a second time - this time without his goal being disallowed - then Ba popped up for Newcastle's second equaliser. Moyes, with a face like stone, stalked the touchline before confronting Jones. "I had a word, not ranting or raving," he said later. "I just said 'hey, you missed two goals'."

As everyone on Merseyside is all too aware, there are greater injustices than the loss of two points but this was footballing unfairness. In tone with the evening, Moyes' eventual response was admirably measured. "There's two goals missed," he said. "I can't get them back but what can I do?"

Nothing except wait for football to exit the Luddite era. "I have been saying all along that technology must come in and it cost Everton a vital goal tonight," said Pardew. He argued his side just about deserved a point; Moyes, and the majority of onlookers, felt the hosts merited all three.

Much of the football Everton played was of an elevated standard. They led when Leighton Baines exchanged passes with first Fellaini and then Pienaar and drilled a shot past Steve Harper.

They fashioned chance after chance with the speedy, skilful and shot-happy Kevin Mirallas proving prominent on his first Premier League start, the elusive Leon Osman forever emerging unchecked and Phil Jagielka grazing a post from long range. Newcastle knew where the threat came from; stopping it was another matter altogether.

"That left-hand side of Everton is as good as any team in Europe - Baines, Pienaar, Fellaini," said Pardew. Sylvain Marveaux and James Perch were powerless to halt them as Everton slid passes into gaps. "First half, we were fortunate to come in at 1-0 down," Pardew admitted.

But even then, the warning signs were there. While Everton excelled, virtually every Newcastle chance stemmed from a defensive mistake. Class was marred by carelessness. Baines had to clear off his own line, Osman lost the ball to Yohan Cabaye, who then supplied the slide-rule pass, for Ba's first, and then a routine long-ball led to his second.

The substitute had emerged fuelled by fury, something his manager welcomed. "Sometimes players play well when they are angry," Pardew said. Ba's initial omission gave him a point to prove. "He was aggrieved but he channelled it in exactly the right way," his manager added.

Displaced by Papiss Cisse, Ba stated his claim to be the first-choice striker, if only because he is now the in-form forward. Ba stopped scoring when Cisse started last season; now the latter's goals have dried up, but the former is prolific again.

His arrival was part of a necessary rethink. "I was shocked how we played in the first half," Pardew said. "It was as bad as we have been since I have been manager." So Cabaye dropped deeper into the midfield, Jonas Gutierrez moved into the right, one substitute scored and another, Shola Ameobi, set up the final equaliser.

"We were lacking a bit of rhythm and fluidity but you can't fault us for attitude," Pardew said. Nor could Everton be faulted on an evening when their approach was impeccable.

Hillsborough in 1989, provided the context for Goodison Park in 2012. The two teams were led out by Liverpool and Everton mascots, the numbers on their shirts forming 96. It was an exhibition of the old-fashioned class that is at the heart of Everton as they showed solidarity with their neighbours. "Everyone here would say well done to the families for the justice they deserved," Moyes said. "It doesn't bring them back but Everton stand alongside Liverpool." It was a moving ceremony and it preceded a stirring game.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Leighton Baines - The outstanding left-back in the Premier League over the last couple of years is maintaining his fine form.

EVERTON VERDICT: The win they deserved would have put them in the top four and, with this level of performance, they would not have looked out of place there. But they were uncharacteristically sloppy, with Phil Neville starting the game with a series of misjudgements. They also lost Jelavic, who banged his knee against the post; an injury Moyes does not believe will be too serious.

NEWCASTLE VERDICT: Strangely supine in the first half, much better thereafter. Newcastle backed off before the break, when Pardew's 4-2-3-1 did not work, and pressed higher up the pitch thereafter when they played 4-4-2. Marveaux may have to wait awhile for his next Premier League start after this while injured defenders Danny Simpson and Fabricio Coloccini were missed. Reserve goalkeeper Harper deserves plaudits for a moment of sportsmanship when he intervened to spare Anichebe a booking.

Justice tastes a lot like strawberry syrup Le Tiss you c***!

Odd how LeTissier has always had a negative attitude towards us. Was he humped by a black and white Jersey Bull or something ? My wife calls him an ugly tosser, can't put it fairer than that.

We should be used to biased media by now though.My Grandad once said the radio of the Arsenal v Newcastle cup final of the 50s was Arsenal have the ball....Arsenal have lost it....Arsenal have the ball again ! The Arsenal goalkeeper fails to catch that ! Arsenal losing 0-1 ....."

Eh? I completely disagree about Le Tisser. I always think he comes across quite well when talking about us compared to the idiots that he's on Soccer Saturday with.

Maybe Ive missed the rare occasions, eh ? Ive never heard him being fair on our behalf, TBH.  :huff:  :iamatwat:

Eh? I completely disagree about Le Tisser. I always think he comes across quite well when talking about us compared to the idiots that he's on Soccer Saturday with.

I've not noticed any negative bias towards us either.

Must be the headphones turned up full with Def Leppard, and the blaindfold  then  :laugh: O0

I've not noticed any negative bias towards us either.

Only times ive noticed is the 4-4 against arsenal he celebrated like an arsenal fan when they thought it was 4-5 only for van persies goal to be disallowed. The other time was the commentary when we lost in the last minute against arsenal last season and he was the co-commentator.