Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 23/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

I honestly think it's a matter of preparation. Last season Pardew had pretty much one game a week to worry about and could spend 6 days preparing a team to play a certain formation. This season we've got Europe to contend with, and I believe Pardew has decided to run with 4-4-2 as everybody knows 4-4-2 and there is less time to prepare to play other formations. When he had 2 weeks to plan during the internationals, we cracked out a 4-5-1. Maybe I'm chatting s*** but just a theory I've come up with - rather than the usual stuff about Ba hating the left wing anyway. If we've got Ba who won't play on the left and Anita who prefers to play centre mid and Pardew is pandering to their needs despite the defincies it seems to create, it's a bit of a worry.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120923/pardew-a-big-big-win_2281670_2927738

"We are lacking a bit of training ground time. We are going from warm-down to warm-up to a game, and we are lacking a bit of fluency in our game.

How does Murray stay employed doing whatever you call it that he does? He's unfunny enough on the radio, but to see his stupid face on TV is just insulting. The fact he presents a football show when he clearly knows nothing about the game is even more annoying.

Probably already been said (I know Pardew has more or less said it) but our team need to stop being so sentimental. Only players in form should be taking penalties. Cissé will score when he scores. We had the same problem last season when the team kept trying to get Ba a goal when others were better placed.

Unprofessional imo, almost schoolboyish. If we're winning 4-0 then maybe that's different.

Dawn fucking Thewlis has just on Look North "Newcastle beat Norwich 1-0 this afternoon to record just their second win of the Premier League this season".

Daft mackem cow.

Distinctly noted that and thought exactly the same. However if you watch BBC sports news regularly you notice that headline sentences about Newcastle often contain a subtle word or two which will spin a negative connotation without altering the facts.

They are also very willing to follow any flimsy national scoop which is negative towards NUFC too, unusual and lazy for a regional broadcaster.

They remain very "softly softly" around Martin O'Neill for some reason and don't seem to find his current run of 13 games since a win particularly newsworthy.

Definitely a mackem in production there, playing a wee game at the licence payers expense.

A side issue but the half time entertainment is getting worse.

Beat the keeper who for some unexplained reason is dressed like an old fashioned mobile phone.

:facepalm:

It felt really underwhelming for a win. Still though, there were some solid performances (Jonas, Williamson, Harper amongst others) and a lovely pass from Ben Arfa for Ba. I much prefer Perch in midfield and Anita RB, wish we'd lined up that way to begin with but at least we changed it fairly early on, and the difference was apparent immediately.

Probably already been said (I know Pardew has more or less said it) but our team need to stop being so sentimental. Only players in form should be taking penalties. Cissé will score when he scores. We had the same problem last season when the team kept trying to get Ba a goal when others were better placed.

Unprofessional imo, almost schoolboyish. If we're winning 4-0 then maybe that's different.

Not even then IMO. Team always comes first.

Concentrate on winning and the goals for Cisse will come. The more they try to force it, the longer it'll take.

Not even then IMO. Team always comes first.

Concentrate on winning and the goals for Cisse will come. The more they try to force it, the longer it'll take.

A lack of consistent penalty taker is never a good idea in my book. Assert your authority, have 1, 2, 3 sorted out and stick to it. Otherwise only problems can arise (when penalties are missed and the such).

We've never really had a consistent penalty taker since Shearer. We don't get too many, but they always seem to just be about who grabs the ball first.

A side issue but the half time entertainment is getting worse.

Beat the keeper who for some unexplained reason is dressed like an old fashioned mobile phone.

:facepalm:

It was the best it's been in years. The saves, the rugby tackle into the net etc though I can't imagine anything would make you even acknowledge the concept of fun.