2014/15 NUFC Kits - New third kit revealed on page 143

bowlingcrofty

The whiteboz was because the shirt was designed when Virgin was our sponsor isn't it (given we've seen pictures of the shirt with virgin on it).  Assuming we're still with Wonga next year I presume the middle box area will go.

Highly doubt it.

Take away the blue pinstripes, let the black stripes meet behind the Wonga box and remove the white border from the badge and this kit will sell much better.

At least we're not suffering the fate of Southampton.

The two main stripes are there purely because it is a standard puma template, same goes for the white box I guess. We just aren't a big enough club these days to have a shirt designed specifically for us. Given that the thin blue stripes were around before the Wonga sponsor I think they are unrelated too. I like to think it is specifically to be "Magpie like" but I would imagine it is a template thing again.

Is the blue in there because it's your sponsors' main color? Awful if that's the reason.

Take the blue out and it's a decent striped shirt.

All 3 kits have Wonga-blue lines. It's like we make the kits to fit the sponsor.

Black Wonga looks good!

What's the point of all the blue trim then?

As has been mentioned already in the thread, we have had blue trim on the home shirt before, and some thought it could be a nod towards the 'blue' tint that appears on a magpie, in certain light.

Just found this. Was one of the options offered for Odense's kit.

http://www.ob.dk/files/ob/gallery/9082.jpg

Boxed sponsor logo, patch at the back and all that.

http://www.ob.dk/files/ob/gallery/9084.jpg

One of the design choices is our kit from last year sans spike. Last year's kit absolutely 5,000x more lush than this current crap. My goodness our kit is horrible.

The blue is a delicious throwback to the days of yore, and goes to show that you can indeed evoke the magpies spirit via the medium of premium polyester.

Must feel it before I commit, but if it my skin responds to it's touch, I hope to god they cannot restrict the number I can buy in a single transaction.

The blue is a delicious throwback to the days of yore, and goes to show that you can indeed evoke the magpies spirit via the medium of premium polyester.

Must feel it before I commit, but if it my skin responds to it's touch, I hope to god they cannot restrict the number I can buy in a single transaction.

:lol: