sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Thought pardew was spot on throughout, we came out of the blocks quickly, scored and were well on top. The sending off caused a reshuffle to which pardew again got the tactics right by putting perch into midfield. They created very little and didn't look like scoring and it was proved by their equaliser being a flukey deflection. For me everyone gave their all but Colo, santon and yohan stood out for me.

Agree with that.

Not Pardew's fault that Tiote got sent off. Without that sending off we would have been fine.

Great away performance. Extremely unlucky not to leave with all three points, Coloccini was absolutely immense and Cabaye had his best game of the season. Tiote is a f***ing lemon, absolutely pointless challenge and we were in complete control until that point. We did an absolutely sterling job with 10 men and they were very fortunate to find the equaliser despite all their possession.

Krul 7

Simpson 7

Williamson 7

Coloccini 8

Santon 7

Ben Arfa 6

Tiote n/a

Cabaye 7

Jonas 6

Ba 6

Perch 6

Oh yeah and Martin Atkinson is a horrible Mackem cunt.

Coloccini 8? mental.

Thought pardew was spot on throughout, we came out of the blocks quickly, scored and were well on top. The sending off caused a reshuffle to which pardew again got the tactics right by putting perch into midfield. They created very little and didn't look like scoring and it was proved by their equaliser being a flukey deflection. For me everyone gave their all but Colo, santon and yohan stood out for me.

Agree. Always going to be things with hindsight you can change. In the end we win that game without conceding an own goal, we completely nullified them. Not that thats to difficult, mark fletcher out of the game and they have nowt.

I thought we were far better team even with one man down.

Definitely not. They bossed the game completely.

Possession means f**k all if you don't know what to do with it. Until Colo went off, we created the second half's best chance.

I guess Swansea and West Brom "bossed" us away from home last season?

:lol: Aye, just pick two games that we won.

They've got possibly the worst team in the league and we let them do whatever they wanted. That's not acceptable at all.

I do hope you've been on the ale.

I think one of the commentators said they'd created less chances than any team the top 5 leagues or something.

So we play for a draw.

You must have also missed that we led 1-0 80 minutes. Defending a lead with 10 men isn't playing for a draw. Wake up.

Guest bimpy474

I thought that was Danny Simpson's best game in our colours, btw. I'm one of his biggest critics but he was excellent today.

Aye, except he has the worst throw in's in history. Straight to them or to our players at the most awkward height to deal with.

Possession means f**k all if you don't know what to do with it. Until Colo went off, we created the second half's best chance.

They've got possibly the worst team in the league and we let them do whatever they wanted. That's not acceptable at all.

I think one of the commentators said they'd created less chances than any team the top 5 leagues or something.

So we play for a draw.

You must have also missed that we led 1-0 80 minutes. Defending a lead with 10 men isn't playing for a draw. Wake up.

Defending a lead for the majority of those 80 minutes is playing for a draw. Our attacking output in the second half was embarrassing. We were terrified of going forward.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

So we play for a draw.

Defending a lead for the majority of those 80 minutes is playing for a draw. Our attacking output in the second half was embarrassing. We were terrified of going forward.

:icon_scratch:

Mignolet - 6

O'Shea - 6

Cuellar - 6

Rose - 4

Larsson - 5

Gardner -6

Colback - 6

Johnson - 5

McClean - 4

Sessegnon - 5

Fletcher - 5

Atkinson - 9

Rose 4? He was their only threat for almost the entire game.

I don't really care I just wanted to make the point that the ref was their best player.

So we play for a draw.

Seriously? I understand where you're coming from, but your point would have been valid had we been trailing, or at home! Losing both Tiote and Shola completely nullified our game plan and we had to improvise. Ba and Ben Arfa couldn't do much with 3 players around them at all times.

So we play for a draw.

Jesus, we had to replace a forward in order to balance the books in the middle, obviously if you have one less man up top, your going to have less chances, and even when we were down to ten men i thought we attacked well, when going forward.

Great away performance. Extremely unlucky not to leave with all three points, Coloccini was absolutely immense and Cabaye had his best game of the season. Tiote is a f***ing lemon, absolutely pointless challenge and we were in complete control until that point. We did an absolutely sterling job with 10 men and they were very fortunate to find the equaliser despite all their possession.

Krul 7

Simpson 7

Williamson 7

Coloccini 8

Santon 7

Ben Arfa 6

Tiote n/a

Cabaye 7

Jonas 6

Ba 6

Perch 6

Oh yeah and Martin Atkinson is a horrible Mackem c***.

Coloccini 8? mental.

How so?

Pardew says it was a red

And he's right.

When he's struggling to maintain possession and the ball's running away from him, he often lifts his foot into a 50-50 challenge, especially when he gets worked up. He usually gets away with a yellow, but he can't complain when, on one occasion, a ref takes sterner action.

Unfortunate not to take all 3 points given it was an excellent defensive display for an hour and even though they had possession we had the better chances to put it out of sight but the important thing is not to lose these games so take the point and onwards and upwards

Also Colo and Santon were superb