sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

We were robbed. Atkinson was a joke from start to finish. What a pathetic nothing club Sunderland are. It's embarrassing that they're our rivals. Still, well done on not having a pitch invasion or assaulting our players this time. They're making progress.

Guest bimpy474

Did Demba give them their only effort on target?

1 other according the the stats, but i think that was the Mc Potato's cross anyway.

Disappointing to hold out for that long and not get the 3 points. Can only assume Colo was brought off due to the hamstring, stuck in the bottom half, not a great start to the season...

Tiote crazy mistake, but imo was only a yellow, was more a whip kick that a shin-breaker. Ref was appalling in general all game, and we copped the brunt of it.

Colo absolutely superb at the back. Our corners are abysmal - apart from the trick that nearly came off - tricks are all well and good but the bread and butter set pieces need to improve - doesn't have to be our main source of goals, but its criminal to waste so many.

Got to get into gear soon or the season will slip away.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!

Irritated my to no end that Pardew subbed Ben Arfa instead of Cabaye at that point. Cabaye was done, nothing left. Anita in for him would have increased our chances more as Ben Arfa seemed to be fine.

Pardew should have instructed the team to press higher. Fuck me, talk about making things harder for ourselves.

Tiote should not have been off.

We would have won had not the ref been against us, or if Pardew somehow found his balls that he obviously left back home this morning.

FUCK!

This is very bittersweet, but it's a decent result.

No it isn't, unless you want bottom half that is.

We have been f*cking crap all season, Pardew needs to sort it out ffs

We played an hour there with ten men man. Get a grip.

I'm talking about the whole situation, 10 points from 8 games simply is not good enough.

Disappointed but not too disappointed.

They had every decision and still looked shite, and were lucky to grab a point at home with their dream manager.

We should have stomped this, though. You can't legislate for referees like that though. Even with Atkinson, we still had some determination over our destiny and thought we sat back too early. Felt we didn't strike the right balance between defending our lead and causing them problems. I think Spurs got that balance wrong against Chelsea for example going hell for leather, but we were too far  the other way.

Difficult to look at anything in this game other than in isolation (as it's a derby), but:

- Happy to have Colo back, fucking class

- Simpson was pretty solid :thup:

- Demba Ba did really well by himself. Surprised we didn't sub Cisse on as he began to tire.

- Jonas on the wing :anguish: Doesn't utilise any of his remaining strengths

Move on.

Edit: Agree with Wullie about judicial review for professionally incompetent ref standards

Jonas is shot, offers nothing any more at this level. If he's one of our "purples" it's a bit worrying.

We need to sort our flanks out and where our attacks are going to come from. I know we were down to 10 for most of the game so it's unfair to judge on this game alone, but I'm judging over the season so far and we've been pretty dreadful for long spells.

Guest bimpy474

We seem to be playing far too deep.  Massive gap between the midfield and attack and very little movement.

Game's finished man.

I'm talking about the way we've played this season, not just this game.

Think he knew that :lol: