Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

Dogshit performance. Massively relieved about the three points. Very, very harsh on West Brom who came here with a good attitude for an away team and deserved at least a point.

I've vented my qualms with Pardew separately, but the players deserve a bit of a bollocking too today. So f***ing slack.

Gutierrez's performance made me very sad. He looked like Williamson on the ball to be quite frank.

Obertan's mind turned into a beehive once thrown into the intensity of the Premier League.

Most players were just so casual and sloppy with the ball.

So unenjoyable. Where is football?

players played out of position,  the one you mentioned, jonas played ina centre three, never a good idea,  shola being played as a winger again never a good idea.

i said so many times pardew has an obsession with shoe horning two tall strikers in his line-ups, 

he tends to place these big strikers like Ba, Shola, Cisse and Leon Best out wide, when he does decide to play 4-5-1/4-3-3

why?  only he knows.

After the emotions have calmed down. We played an inform WBA, who also completely dicked the champions last weekend. Only to concede a late goal, bit like today. First half was an even game. Second half we got dicked, bar the last 10 minutes. Is it going to be similar to last year. Where Parew didnt allow us to turn on the style until we reach the magical 40 point mark. If so we are 9 wins away.

Only good thing about WBA was Lukaku.

Very harsh. Their organisation, passing and movement put us to shame that half. If they'd taken the three points it would have been a tactically perfect away performance, and deserved.

Absolutely f***ing incredible. :lol: Struggling to remember a less-deserved win.

f***ing get in. :lol: :lol:

I didn't see the game but Blackburn away last year??

We looked like 2004 Arsenal compared to that crap today. :lol:

Aye, not even comparable.

:lol: what? We were far worse against Blackburn, man.

Aye i still don't think we was that bad today certainly not abysmal or anything i'd call it average against Blackburn we should have lost by 3 or 4 it is one of the biggest robbery's i have seen in football :lol:

First half good, second half just completely abysmal.

Disagree.

Apologies for making en masse assumptions(!) but I really think people's perception of our performances are very strongly influenced by scorelines. That's not to say scorelines have no bearing on performances, they're clearly one of the most important parts, but we weren't largely better or worse second half. Same slow start. Same lost look. Same tactic of every person on the pitch pass to Ba, then Cisse - no matter who you are, who is around you or who is on the pitch.

If Lukaku had managed to beat Tim Krul twice first half from his chances, I really don't think anyone would say it was a good first half. I know Demba Ba had a few chances/half-chances he didn't convert too btw.

Disagree.

Apologies for making en masse assumptions(!) but I really think people's perception of our performances are very strongly influenced by scorelines. That's not to say scorelines have no bearing on performances, they're clearly one of the most important parts, but we weren't largely better or worse second half. Same slow start. Same lost look. Same tactic of every person on the pitch pass to Ba, then Cisse - no matter who you are, who is around you or who is on the pitch.

If Lukaku had managed to beat Tim Krul twice first half from his chances, I really don't think anyone would say it was a good first half. I know Demba Ba had a few chances/half-chances he didn't convert too btw.

Nah man, I disagree. We had more possession in the first half, decent looks and we were moving the ball quite fluidly in their half. We started slow in the second half, dropped back deeper, conceded a goal then disintegrated. The first half wasn't like that at all. They had chances on the counter but they didn't look good on the ball or dominant, which they clearly were in the second half.

Absolutely f***ing incredible. :lol: Struggling to remember a less-deserved win.

f***ing get in. :lol: :lol:

I didn't see the game but Blackburn away last year??

We looked like 2004 Arsenal compared to that crap today. :lol:

Aye, not even comparable.

:lol: what? We were far worse against Blackburn, man.

Aye i still don't think we was that bad today certainly not abysmal or anything i'd call it average against Blackburn we should have lost by 3 or 4 it is one of the biggest robbery's i have seen in football :lol:

Blackburn 9 attempts to 26 / 41% possession

West Brom 13 attempts to 11 / 51% possession

That Blackburn match was abysmal man, today we were poor but it's not as if West Brom were creating chance after chance, we could have scored a couple more ourselves too.

Disagree.

Nah man, I disagree. We had more possession in the first half, decent looks and we were moving the ball quite fluidly in their half. We started slow in the second half, dropped back deeper, conceded a goal then disintegrated. The first half wasn't like that at all. They had chances on the counter but they didn't look good on the ball or dominant, which they clearly were in the second half.

Fair enough. Question of degree. Think we were better, just not largely - as bolded above - 'largely' being the key word IMO.

Disagree.

Absolutely spot on that, sums it up in a nut shell really. 

I thought we were reasonable in the first half; controlled possession whilst being prohibited by a complete lack of attacking game-plan (which was accentuated by the bizarre tactical shifts in the second half).

Disagree.

Nonsense. If Lukaku was Ba they'd have been 1-2 up.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Only good thing about WBA was Lukaku.

He was Tchoyi in disguise today, can't believe they took him off, was causing all sorts of problems

how Lucky can you get

Dunno about you, but it's happened so often AGAINST us, it tastes all the sweeter when an undeserved winner goes in off the players back and he knows nowt about it.

Actually TBH we've had a bit of luck so far this season. Never really got going, but we're doing OK. Signs are promising when we get so many "lucky" wins or draws

how Lucky can you get

Dunno about you, but it's happened so often AGAINST us, it tastes all the sweeter when an undeserved winner goes in off the players back and he knows nowt about it.

Actually TBH we've had a bit of luck so far this season. Never really got going, but we're doing OK. Signs are promising when we get so many "lucky" wins or draws

You should really support Liverpool, Phil. :lol: