Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

It's also just crying out for us to play 4-3-3 and just knock it around. They're crap on the floor, that's why they keep kicking us, because they know they can't keep up. I don't give a shit which personnel are chosen to carry out, but switch the gameplan and stop playing into West Ham's hands.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Becoming a chore to watch in terms of style.

Santon has been good, as per. Only fault is that he still doesn't know what to do when he gets around the box. Defensively sound though.

Has been times when Ferguson has been free, but for some reason no one wants to pass to him.

Ben Arfa needs to release the ball quicker.

Cabaye is desperately trying to pull the strings but clearly doesn't have enough time to do so in this formation. Need an extra midfielder in there if we're to give him an extra half second to pick a quality attacking pass.

Anita seems to do things simply and tidily. Really want to see him in a midfield 3 alongside Cabaye and Tiote.

Ba and Cisse are still getting in each others way. We might as well be playing with 10 as these two play as shadows of the other. I know Cisse was notorious in the Bundesliga for being offside, but he seemed to have sorted it out last season. He has gotten back in to old habits now and ruined 3 or 4 attacking moves in that half by being a mile offside.

Most annoying thing of this match has been the commentators. Make Lawro sound as jolly as Santa delivering presents whilst on pills. Fuck me.

If there is an award for worst, most unoriginal, poor, crap, terrible set pieces, we would win it. At the awards ceremony we would get Williamson to pick up the trophy, only for him to never receive it, it would just go over his head or get dispossessed in the Award hand over.

We're predictably pathetic. Can't see things improving much unless we somehow score early.

Keep saying it, Cisse must sit out a couple of games, he has totally forgot his purpose on the pitch. Fucking Shola demonstrates more composure on the pitch these days.

Cabaye is very complacent once again. Not an easy role for him today but he continues to under-perform.

Yeah, if we're going to play a 4-4-2 Shola is absolutely vital for it to work. Either that, or stick Ben Arfa behind Ba.

Once again its proven that Tiote is invaluable. We have no sitting midfielder who can destroy play. Without Tiote we lack any sort of  cohesion between midfield and defense meaning Cabaye plays to deep lacking any link between strikers and midfield.

We don't have the players to play 4-4-2. We just don't. I'd put Bigi on for Shane.

Bigi

Anita Cabaye

Benny Ba Cisse

On a positive note, for the last 5mins of the half we looked dangerous. They look a bit brittle when the pressure is on. Need an early goal or I can see them gaining enough confidence to see it out.

They'll target Simpson and Williamson and try to get us on the break with early balls to Maiga. Can see them scoring again.

Ben Arfa is the one positive from that half, he's too good for the rest of this s****.

He's been pretty disappointing in reality.

He really hasn't today though. He's been our best player, there is just zero movement and intelligence from our strikers right now.

Ben Arfa is the one positive from that half, he's too good for the rest of this s****.

Disappointing that he hasn't taken the ball past 5-6 West Ham players from the halfway line and rounded the keeper?

Jesus Christ West Ham are awful to watch. Sums us up at the moment if we cant beat this pile of shit.

and yet they've still managed to knock it around better than us and have some preplanned forward moves :lol: says it all doesnt it :facepalm:

What? He's been the best player on the pitch by a f***ing mile.

Except he completely mishit his pass when he could have put Ba through. If he's too good for us as so many now seem to claim I wouldn't mind him showing it when it matters.

Guest bimpy474

Get Obertan on the right, take Cisse off and get Bafra central off Ba.

You had my full attention until i got to the fifth word.