Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Swansea - 11/17/12 -post-match reaction from page 29

Beren

Ironically at 2-0 down we went beserk and had players roaming about all over the place, Taylor carried the ball 40 yards, ben Arfa was on the left, midfielders were in the box, it was like we were trying to score a goal, which is not like us.

Going by the 60 minute highlights -

Ba had a decent game, but is he really giving us 100%? The determination that got him the goal seemed a bit lacking at other times. He can do better.

Anita and Tiote don't look right together. Ironically, despite having two defensive midfield players, the back four was regularly exposed on the break.

It looked to me like people are being way too harsh on the young lads. Fergie and Sammy did okay.

All in all, the usual problems were there, but I've seen us play worse and win.

Ironically at 2-0 down we went beserk and had players roaming about all over the place, Taylor carried the ball 40 yards, ben Arfa was on the left, midfielders were in the box, it was like we were trying to score a goal, which is not like us.

Yeah I recall this. I did wonder at the time whether the players have had a word with each other and said "fuck it, forget what Pardew's told us to do let's just play and try what we can to get a goal".

Going by the 60 minute highlights -

Ba had a decent game, but is he really giving us 100%? The determination that got him the goal seemed a bit lacking at other times. He can do better.

Anita and Tiote don't look right together. Ironically, despite having two defensive midfield players, the back four was regularly exposed on the break.

It looked to me like people are being way too harsh on the young lads. Fergie and Sammy did okay.

All in all, the usual problems were there, but I've seen us play worse and win.

I wonder why that was?

I think our goal was the only time we had more than 2 player's in the box from open play and it resulted in a goal.

there was a decent little spell of play in the first half which ended with ferguson crossing for ba and anita and ben arfa had got into the box, i thought it was a good sign of things to come...i was wrong.

Yeah I recall this. I did wonder at the time whether the players have had a word with each other and said "f*** it, forget what Pardew's told us to do let's just play and try what we can to get a goal".

That's exactly what I thought at the time, like.

it's called "being all over the place", there was no design behind it and was like 8yr olds playing. i'm all for movement, ffs it's my mantra on here, but if we are organised like we were after 2-0 we'll get hammered week in week out.

Those worried about relegation fights just need to calm down, once injuries and suspensions clear up we'll be better than we are now.

We are looking a bit like that team from 08-09 at the moment tbh. Shambolic at the back and clueless up front, despite the potential.

We're s****, and we can't attack a team at all, but we WILL be better with our first 11 out, or close to it.

You can't count on that ever happening though, particularly if you go through to the next round of the Europa. I genuinely cannot remember ever seeing us (Spurs) with our "first XI" on the pitch. YOu need to be able to pick up results with at least three out at any given time.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm not arsed, but I'm totally resigned to a season with mediocre results and shit performances leading to a fairly poor league position that there's a certain degree of apathy setting in for me now.  Don't think we'll go down or be in any great danger (touch wood) but there's nothing to see here, with regards to our season.  I think it'll kick off next summer mind, can see a few of our better players wanting to leave and who can blame them?

Sometimes I wish I didn't have such an emotional investment in football. Just getting along happily doing something then I remember the result and it pisses me off again.  :lol:

Worst feeling is when you wake up the next day imo. Takes about two seconds to think about the result and then it's "FFS, there's my day ruined"

At least the match only ruins half a matchday.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have such an emotional investment in football. Just getting along happily doing something then I remember the result and it pisses me off again.  :lol:

Worst feeling is when you wake up the next day imo. Takes about two seconds to think about the result and then it's "FFS, there's my day ruined"

At least the match only ruins half a matchday.

Puts me off all other footy related stuff too. Didn't watch MOTD. Podcasts this week will probably be avoided. Started reading a new book instead of the one I was.  :lol: