Newcastle United 1 - 1 CS Maritimo - 22/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 30

Dave

Honestly think Pardew has lost the players faith in him. And it has shown (not just today)

The body language of the players says everything in my opinion. Last season absolutely busting a gut. This year couldn't seem to give a shit

Krul 4 - poor for the goal/hoof

Simpson 4.5 - same old

Coloccini 6 - class above

Taylor 3 - abysmal dive, worse defending

Santon 4.5 - offered nowt

Bigi 4.5 - out of depth

Anita 5 - tidier than Bigi, shows for the ball at least

Marveaux 5.5 - scored then disappeared

HBA 6 - PLEASE DON'T BE HURT

Sammy 4 - poor

Ba/Cisse 4 - hope you like scraps cos that's all you're getting.

What on earth was Taylor doing for the goal? Absolutely shocking defending.

Also Danny Simpson just offers us nothing. He's a average/solid defender but he's atrocious going forward. Finding a new RB has to be a priority.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't believe our spirit has evaporated. Tactics are just so negative. Rob lee's tash stinks

What the fuck did you just say to me!?

Guest mavericknufc

There is just no cohesive pattern to our play, I dont remember a single passage of played that developed through sustained possession.  Was full of a Krul punt to Ba, bit of a battle in midfield for possession, win it back inside our half then back to Krul to start it all over again.

To not beat a team like Maritimo, let alone cause them a few problems, is just as worrying as the performances against West Ham and Swansea.  I'm struggling to think of a single shot in the second half and we spent most of the match on the back foot.  I don't see why we persist to sit back after scoring the first goal?  1-0 is such a precarious situation, one mistake or flash of brilliance can make it 1-1 then we've lost all impetus that we have and hands the intiative to the opposition.

Injuries can be blamed as much as you like but that was near enough the strongest team we could've put out and couldn't beat, or regularly threaten a team who have won 1 of their last 13.

Krul - 5 Should have saved goal and hoof after hoof after hoof after hoof (realise prolly instructed too but still)

Simpson - 3 - Actively sabotagued our attacks with frequency

Saylor - 6 - Made a bad mistake for goal but alright generally

Colo - 6 - Solid

Santon - 6 - Deserves better.

Bigi - 5 - alright at times but doesn't impose himself

Anita - 4 - anonymous (still think people writing him off are full of s*** though tbh)

Sammy - 3 - made some good runs but a lot of f***ing awful ones

Marveaux - 6 - Best attacking threat and good goal

HBA - not on long enough - Ba - 4 - tried but didn't offer anything

Cisse - 4 - really did try but never got onside.