Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To my knowlege the only player we bought on Pards say so was Obertan and only cause Rednose phoned him direct.

He deserves to be sacked for that decision alone, Pardew Out!

:lol:

Here's a funny one from the Gooners..

"Allardyce’s teams have always caused us problems, the long ball, pacy wingers, monstrous centre forwards, hard working spiteful midfield and Easter Island figures at centreback are his trademark. Add to that a GK who invariably plays out of his skin and we can see why an artistic team would struggle.

I don’t like FSA or his teams, which is a shame because I have always had a soft spot for the Hammers. From the 3 world cup heroes to Alan Devonshire and Trevor Brooking and onto Macavennie and Cottee they have had style. A trip to the Boleyn guaranteed entertainment (not least from the Chicken Run). But Allardyce? Shame on the Director’s of this once classy club. They have become the London Orcs and why? Because the shouting, angry, gum-chewing Chewbacca is the anti-Christ of passing football."  :laugh:

I honestly can't see how he will turn this around. If we don't pick up a win against Stoke then the fans will be right on the back of the players on Monday whenever they do something wrong.

I don't buy into not picking up results without your best players, look at other squads in the league and how hard they work. We just aren't doing basics even right this season. He also needs to get one of Williamson or Simpson out of that back 4 as they are fucking terrible players and amplified when they play together.

I'm less worried about relegation (although I am concerned) than I am of all our big players jumping ship. Really we needed to finish at least in the same position to keep them and I now fear a massive rebuilding job in the summer, on a scale we've never seen before at NUFC.

Aye, this is my concern. What are french internationals Cabaye and Ben Arfa going to think about playing for a poor midtable side? If the slide continues, and somehow we still keep our big players, will we be able to make the recruitments we desperately need?

We blew it big time this summer, we had the biggest pull (in terms of signing players) we've had in maybe more than half a decade, and we signed a youngster from Ajax? Should have kicked on.

Well you'd hope that they'd feel guilty about it and pull their fucking fingers out!!

95% of the blame for us being where we are rests solely with the players, they should be ashamed of how they've played this season.

So it's the players who are choosing to line up outnumbered in midfield and choosing to float every set piece at Williamson and choosing to play more long balls than any other team in the league? Ludicrous comment Indi.

Got to agree with indi to an extent. Some of the players have been f***ing awful this season.

Lack of competition for places probably. Which stems back to that disastrous summer.

What are they meant to do though Jonny, someone like Cisse who has long balls fired at him all day long, how can he possibly improve his performance off his own bat? The only way he could is to completely change his game and turn into Andy Carroll.

Are they meant to work on passing and moving in their spare time because of the manager's incompetence? Are they meant to go against his instructions of "keep it tight and hit Ba early"?

No, and like I said, I agree to an extent.

It's clear our formation, our hooftastic game plan, our set pieces, the lot aren't working. But other than HBA and probably Ba, not one of those players can claim they've given their all this season IMO.

You don't become a poor player just because you're in a different line on the pitch.

It's clear our formation, our hooftastic game plan, our set pieces, the lot aren't working. But other than HBA and probably Ba, not one of those players can claim they've given their all this season IMO.

You don't become a poor player just because you're in a different line on the pitch.

I don't see any evidence of players not giving their all - in fact that is all the manager is asking for, we never hear him talk at the minute about anything other than grinding or working, well apart from magic and luck.

You do become a poor player if you're outnumbered and have nobody to pass to because they're not allowed out of their position, or if you're being asked to win headers against bruising centre halves when you're physically incapable of it.

Even I'm starting to get worried now. The confidence of the team seems shot to pieces, this is one of the hardest things for any manager to turn around, especially without a lot of his best players. I think we're hoping for a bit of individual magic from a player to win us a game and give us a boost.

I don't see any evidence of players not giving their all - in fact that is all the manager is asking for, we never hear him talk at the minute about anything other than grinding or working, well apart from magic and luck.

You do become a poor player if you're outnumbered and have nobody to pass to because they're not allowed out of their position, or if you're being asked to win headers against bruising centre halves when you're physically incapable of it.

Did you see his quotes from yesterday? Apparently the key to turning this around is winning more headers, trying harder and (my personal favourite) running faster. :lol:

I think the formation thing is getting in the way of what we’ve got to do. That’s winning headers, running faster and showing a desire to win the game.

It very much looks like the players themselves have lost patience with the manager. I hope this isn't the case but the sum total of our starting 11 yesterday should have done a shitload better than they did. We could (and probably did deserve) to have lost by 5 or 6 yesterday off the statistacally (pre KO) 2nd worst team in the division. Our last 3 or 4 games have got worse and worse. Not a good sign.

Be interesting to see what happens at Stoke.

Did you see his quotes from yesterday? Apparently the key to turning this around is winning more headers, trying harder and (my personal favourite) running faster. :lol:

I think the formation thing is getting in the way of what we’ve got to do. That’s winning headers, running faster and showing a desire to win the game.

Fuck off is that real?  You've made this up haven't you?! :lol:

I know winning games last season helped us ignore some comments to a degree.  But his PR and comments to the press have been embarrassing, cringeworthy and annoying as fuck in the last 2-3 weeks.

He's cracked and he's doing all he can to deflect the blame.

The journal article from this morning is worrying though.  Saying the players have to get us out of this rut, still blaming the injuries and Europe.  :huff:

Is it any surprise the team looks completely devoid of confidence? The way Pards plays, screams of a lack of faith in his team's ability and his recently negative soundbites will be making the situation worse. Yesterday, it looked like all of their imagination and drive had been drained out of them.

This guy still doesn't seem to be showing any inclination to try something different tactically.

Thinks it's just a case of the players having to give more? I mean is this guy for real? They are all underperfroming because the setup and approach isn't quite working.

Please change things around a bit you joker! The guy is looking completely devoid of any mangerial ability at the moment. My God.

Still feels too early for me to make those kind of judgements about whether he's lost the players or not. They've not been shy of laying on the lavish praise up until a month or two back.

The problem is that this slump couldn't have come at a worse time. With the upcoming fixtures we'll be lucky to be on 25pts before the end of the year. An early exit from the FA Cup and the pressure will really be on.

Still feels too early for me to make those kind of judgements about whether he's lost the players or not. They've not been shy of laying on the lavish praise up until a month or two back.

The problem is that this slump couldn't have come at a worse time. With the upcoming fixtures we'll be lucky to be on 25pts before the end of the year. An early exit from the FA Cup and the pressure will really be on.

Agree with you there, all the latest info suggests that the players basically love Pardew. Obviously they will be having a tough time at the moment, but I think people are choosing to argue he has lost the dressing room without any evidence.

A couple of wins and things will turn around, the question is whether we can grind them out.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't imagine Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Coloccini, Cisse, Ba, Santon, Marveaux and Amalfitano being big fans of his football 'philosophy' tbh.

Fuck off is that real?  You've made this up haven't you?! :lol:

I know winning games last season helped us ignore some comments to a degree.  But his PR and comments to the press have been embarrassing, cringeworthy and annoying as fuck in the last 2-3 weeks.

He's cracked and he's doing all he can to deflect the blame.

The journal article from this morning is worrying though.  Saying the players have to get us out of this rut, still blaming the injuries and Europe.  :huff:

I wish.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/11/25/stats-show-newcastle-united-squad-is-being-pushed-to-limit-79310-32301547/

Towards the end of that piece, buried in some slightly less stupid shit.

:(

Agree with you there, all the latest info suggests that the players basically love Pardew. Obviously they will be having a tough time at the moment, but I think people are choosing to argue he has lost the dressing room without any evidence.

A couple of wins and things will turn around, the question is whether we can grind them out.

I think undue emphasis is placed on the "loss of the dressing room" personally. If the players/team are underperforming whilst on board with his direction/strategy (and they are, IMO!), what's the difference?

Rather surprised/disappointed there hasn't been more action-based dissension from the players. Would have thought at some point, the players would ignore Pardew's instructions to hoof it, and play possession football on the deck with a bit more patience (rather than Pardew's admitted tactic of hitting the Dembas asap).

It very much looks like the players themselves have lost patience with the manager. I hope this isn't the case but the sum total of our starting 11 yesterday should have done a shitload better than they did. We could (and probably did deserve) to have lost by 5 or 6 yesterday off the statistacally (pre KO) 2nd worst team in the division. Our last 3 or 4 games have got worse and worse. Not a good sign.

Agree - the players probably have sussed him, but even worse is the suspicion that quite a few of them have sussed the board and its lack of ambition. Always thought Cabaye was miffed about the Debuchy deal breaking down and also, Pardew possibly told the players that more signings were coming last summer in order to stop them wanting to leave.

Expect Ba to go in January and maybe one or two others as well.

Chickens coming home to roost, not just for Pardew but also the board and their parsimonious transfer dealings...doesn't bear thinking about if we lost 2 quality players because you couldn't bank on them getting adequate replacements.

With the upcoming fixtures we'll be lucky to be on 25pts before the end of the year.

To be honest Dave 25 points is normally what I'd be hoping for as a base by Christmas to be mid-table or higher.  At the minute the way we're playing I can't see us moving off 14 (the likelyhood is that we'll end up nicking one or two wins somewhere down the line though).

Agree - the players probably have sussed him, but even worse is the suspicion that quite a few of them have sussed the board and its lack of ambition. Always thought Cabaye was miffed about the Debuchy deal breaking down and also, Pardew possibly told the players that more signings were coming last summer in order to stop them wanting to leave.

Expect Ba to go in January and maybe one or two others as well.

Chickens coming home to roost, not just for Pardew but also the board and their parsimonious transfer dealings...doesn't bear thinking about if we lost 2 quality players because you couldn't bank on them getting adequate replacements.

Don't buy this at all. The players thought he was incredible because we finished well last season, but now they've 'sussed' him because we haven't played well this season? I know players aren't the brightest, but do you really think they change their minds like this about a guy they work with every day?

I mean everytime I watch the team, I am startled by how much Ba and Cisse struggle to hold the ball up when the long balls are launched at them. They're both terrible at it, and lose it under the slightest bit of pressure.

How can the manager of the team continue to see this and not try to change it? I really struggle to understand such things.

If we had Carroll up there winning everything then great, but we blatantly don't.

It's November, and this has been going on since August. How much longer do you continue to implore the two strikers to work harder at somethign they don't seem capable of doing, before you consider a different approach?

It's not hard to love Pardew, he's an infectious character, who's totally turned round my opinion of him as a person, so I can well imagine the players are fond of him. But love him or not his football philosophy stinks, and no genuine footballer will remain happy if he keeps making them look bad by playing football designed for a different set of players.