Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If AP was sacked we would probably be looking at a Beardsley/Carver dream team.

Any new manager would have to work with the current coaching staff instead of getting their own in. Unless the likes of Carver, Woodman and Stone walks with Pardew, I doubt the new guy will be able to get to spend Fat Mike's money on stafffing additions. Any potential manager will have to negotiate that, minimal transfer funds and low comparative wages. Doubt we can attract any decent/better managers on such terms. To Ashley, he has hit the jackpot with Pardew, someone willing to work on his terms and had exceeded expectations last season.

Zico just quit as coach of Iraq.

He'd be awesome I reckon, but like previous posts have said, he'd have to be happy working with MA and, more likely than not, the current group of coaching/backroom staff.

From his wiki page (relating to when Keegan walked):

On 8 September 2008, Zico revealed that he would be interested taking over the vacant managers position at Newcastle United following the resignation of Kevin Keegan. He is quoted saying "The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour, I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England." He also commented that he isn't bothered about the structure of the board at Newcastle United, "I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

Don't think he had a very good time at Olympiacos, getting sacked after threats of violence from fans (just taken from the wiki article). Not sure of the details on that one. The article also suggests that he is sporting director of Flamengo, although I think that might not be true...?

<edit: he quit that role after 4 months - GREEN LIGHT MIKE>

Anyway, I can but dream.

We need the structure to stick together for a while longer. If we're sitting ducks in January, the Pardew out campaign will be in full flow.

However, we know the circumstances, we know that loud discontent will only create more fractions and divide the club at a time when we can't really afford that.

Ashley will never bow to the fans' opinion. He will stick with Pardew. We'll do best to stick with him as well. He should be able to turn things around with the players he has at his disposal.

I think we'll ask Carr to recommend some French manager should we sack Pardew.

Missed the boat with Arry Redknapp, a % of players sale sin his contract...thats tight up his cheeky cockney pipe.

Good god.

It's got to fit in between all the journos tongues tbf, even a single paper sheet contract would be tight.

He needs f***ing backing not sacking, utterly ridiculous to even think about sacking him. Would be stupid at a club that could attract a top manager but the thought of Pardew going and MA having to choose a new manager scares the s*** out of me, way more scary than Pardew staying.

Yes. For now, at least, the faith needs to be kept.

I'm with you lads.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I'm afraid that a win against Wigan will only prolong this charlatan and give him longer to do irreversible damage.

Don't win, don't stay imo. Lost 4 winnable games in a row so beating Wigan is now vital, whereas a draw would have been the absolute minimum a few weeks ago.

People need to remember that we have been here before with us in deep shit and Ashley not giving a fuck about it..

and when he did, he appointed Keegan n Shearer just to appease the fans..Keegan because of his history with the club and Ashley did what the fans wanted..sack fat Sam and get a fan favourite in..Shearer was a desperate measure and he gambled on Shearer`s inexperience..what about his others appointments?

Hughton was brought in because he was getting the job done and Ashley didnt have to scour the divisions to look for someone..

Pardew was appointed because he is a supposed mate of Ashley and someone who really wanted the job..

But how can anyone forget that Ashely didnt give a fuck that we were in shit trouble and appointed Joe Fucking Kinnear?

Is that what people really want to see? See Pardew sacked and Ashley trolling the fans with another shit manager? of course it wont be Kinnear but I can see Ashley really fucking it up some more with someone ridiculuos..

Hell he might even promote Carver or Stone..!

The fact he's on a 8 year deal will make it really hard for Ashley to get rid of him. Not because of any potential money they'd have to pay him but just the complete embarrassment of sacking someone couple months after giving him an 8 year contract and publicly going on about the importance of continuity

The fact he's on a 8 year deal will make it really hard for Ashley to get rid of him. Not because of any potential money they'd have to pay him but just the complete embarrassment of sacking someone couple months after giving him an 8 year contract and publicly going on about the importance of continuity

The man has no shame. He'll do it without a second thought if he thinks he'll benefit from it.

The man has no shame. He'll do it without a second thought if he thinks he'll benefit from it.

Quoted for truth.

Pardew won't get much compensation if he does get the boot anyway. Llambias had come out in the past and mentioned they don't believe in giving huge payouts to managers getting the sack. The length of the contract is more to gather a small windfall in case a bigger club comes in for Pardew. Doubt Pardew would have looked nervous in recent interviews if his position was secure due to the contract.

He should never have sacked Keegan and give him whatever backing he needed imo.

I'm so undecided abut Pardew... I hated the bloke before he came in, and part of the season when he did. But he appeared to get a good handle on things and pull us in the right direction. And now? Nope.

He should never have sacked Keegan and give him whatever backing he needed imo.

I'm so undecided abut Pardew... I hated the bloke before he came in, and part of the season when he did. But he appeared to get a good handle on things and pull us in the right direction. And now? Nope.

We would have been majestic.

Even if it went tits up a year later, the ride would have been fun. 8 months was too short, and it was cruel on all parties.

-----------------

I remember hating Pards when he came in, then he won me around.

Then i started hating him again particularly after drawing against WBA 3-3. The manner of that capitulation was a disgrace.

He then won me over again, whilst annoying the fuck out of me by not playing Santon and HBA, now he's pissing me of again!!!

I think i've been more agitated with him in  charge than loving him tbh.

Here we go again.

We have to give Pardew time.  With this size of squad no one would do much better.

Llambias and Ashley are the ones that sign the players. Shame on them for not strengthening while we had the wind in our sails and European football as an enticement. Next year, we wont be in Europe so we are less marketable.

Its always a gamble with these 2. Will they learn the 2nd time if we go down?

Whatever credit Pardew gained with me he threw it all away with that "be thankful to Mike" stuff after the transfer window. That reminded me he was one of them and he always would be.

Pointless to think of it in those terms. He has to work with Ashley, and he can't hammer him publicly.

Whatever credit Pardew gained with me he threw it all away with that "be thankful to Mike" stuff after the transfer window. That reminded me he was one of them and he always would be.

Pointless to think of it in those terms. He has to work with Ashley, and he can't hammer him publicly.

I'll be knocking on the door trying to get the maximum funds I can to make the club the best it can be.

Good job.  Maybe Mike moved office and didn't tell him.

He can choose to say nothing like Hughton did but his ego won't allow it. He's currently making rather obvious digs at Ashley now he's under pressure btw.

I'll be knocking on the door trying to get the maximum funds I can to make the club the best it can be.

Good job.  Maybe Mike moved office and didn't tell him.

:lol: