Stoke City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Does anyone else believe that we "deserved to win" this by the way?

Fair enough we looked hungrier, sharper and played with more of that "verve" Pardew's always going on about than we have done recently, but I'm not sure if we "were the better team" personally. Thought a draw would've been a fair enough result.

I initially blamed Williamson solely for the second goal but after seeing it again what the fuck was Colo doing? I think he has to shoulder more of the blame.

Well exactly. You can forgive someone for being beaten in the air by Kenwyne Jones. Letting someone run right past you like that and giving them a free header is terrible defending.

Fair enough we looked hungrier, sharper and played with more of that "verve" Pardew's always going on about than we have done recently, but I'm not sure if we "were the better team" personally. Thought a draw would've been a fair enough result.

Deserve is a bit strong but they didn't have a chance of note til they scored really. Draw wouldve been fairest.

Guest neesy111

They were better team 1st half and it took us 5-10 mins after our goal to regain a small control on the game .  They probably shaded it IMO.

Not on what I've seen. I thought we looked better than at the weekend because the opposition was worse. Stoke were poor, we looked worse.

None of the front six could pass the ball. If the injury situation continues we will have to bring in new people in January. If that remains our best eleven, we are going down.

embarrassing how Jones completely out-jumps Williamson.

having just seen it on MOTD i think that's a foul by Jones, he's climbing all over him with his forearm right in the back of his neck.

Colocinni more at fault than Williamson for letting Jerome just jog past him.

Deserve is a bit strong but they didn't have a chance of note til they scored really. Draw wouldve been fairest.

Aye, I just don't get where this "we were robbed" sort of attitude is coming from, although I appreciate the overwhelming tone on here is negativity at the moment so we might all be a bit clouded.

Fair enough we conceded two bad goals and had a tenuous penalty shout immediately preceding the first. Add to the fact that Ba and Cisse missed two fairly difficult one-on-ones, but then Kenwyne Jones missed a sitter (in header terms) before they scored and I never thought we looked particularly comfortable even though Stoke were hardly pulling up trees.

Just stank of a typical PL bore-fest to me that could've easily gone either way. It was better from us, undoubtedly, but it was starting from a very low point after Southampton.

Didn't even get confirmation if that throw for their first was actually theirs or not. Bollocks.

And you didn't see tha start of the move with Tiotes giveaway.

we have committed a catalogue of errors after Tiotes giveaway that would have stopped them scoring and most of them just basic fundamental defending.

Didn't even get confirmation if that throw for their first was actually theirs or not. Bollocks.

And you didn't see tha start of the move with Tiotes giveaway.

we have committed a catalogue of errors after Tiotes giveaway that would have stopped them scoring and most of them just basic fundamental defending.

Aye, Both Santon and Tiote both lose Walters and Jose didn't cover himself in glory in stopping the ball coming in either.

Aye, Both Santon and Tiote both lose Walters and Jose didn't cover himself in glory in stopping the ball coming in either.

Nice try but I don't think we can blame him for anything.

Turned his back and flapped his arms about when the winger feigned to cross.

Aye, I just don't get where this "we were robbed" sort of attitude is coming from, although I appreciate the overwhelming tone on here is negativity at the moment so we might all be a bit clouded.

Fair enough we conceded two bad goals and had a tenuous penalty shout immediately preceding the first. Add to the fact that Ba and Cisse missed two fairly difficult one-on-ones, but then Kenwyne Jones missed a sitter (in header terms) before they scored and I never thought we looked particularly comfortable even though Stoke were hardly pulling up trees.

Just stank of a typical PL bore-fest to me that could've easily gone either way. It was better from us, undoubtedly, but it was starting from a very low point after Southampton.

Spot on.

Just got to hope it'll be a continuing upward curve of performance for Monday.

Nice try but I don't think we can blame him for anything.

Turned his back and flapped his arms about when the winger feigned to cross.

Erm... :lol: